U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:48 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,720,363 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

I am pro-choice but I am not pro-abortion. I still love that comment from Obama

 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 PM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,237 posts, read 8,466,840 times
Reputation: 3101
Abortion is murder--pure and simple...but what saddens me is that christians don't focus on prevention as much as banning it. In addition to outlawing abortion, we should take every step to create circumstances in society that wouldn't cause women to get abortions in the first place--such as education (yes, even sex education), alleviating poverty and the like...but unfortunately the Republicans don't care about those things--nor do they care about banning abortion.

And the deaths go on, and on...
 
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,491,779 times
Reputation: 579
Default Life is important

I don't think abortion should be legal. God values life. In Jeremiah 1:5 says " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart: I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." So you see God is the author or life, and he call you and appoints you in the womb. This was the call of Jeremiah. Just imagine, if he was aborted, what about Martin Luther King Jr, Barack Obama, W.E.B Du Bois, Malcolm X, Colin Powell, Harriet Tubman, Brad Pitt, Bill Clinton, etc. Just imagine if Barack Obama's mom killed him in the womb. What if Martin Luther king was killed in the womb, we may have never had someone who could have done what he did. So, life is important, even if the mother can't take care of the child, there are millions of women who can't have children that would love to adopt a child. I was adopted, just imagine if my mom aborted me, or you.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,030,116 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Abortion is murder--pure and simple...but what saddens me is that christians don't focus on prevention as much as banning it. In addition to outlawing abortion, we should take every step to create circumstances in society that wouldn't cause women to get abortions in the first place--such as education (yes, even sex education), alleviating poverty and the like...but unfortunately the Republicans don't care about those things--nor do they care about banning abortion.

And the deaths go on, and on...
Actually there are Christian groups out there trying to educate the masses to prevent the need for abortion but they get attacked ignored and banned from their target audiences. Planned Parenthood is welcome on school campuses but Christian groups are not. There are abstinance groups out there who are actually laughed out of any serious prevention drive. Teen age Christians have even gone so far as to were abstinance rings, braclets and shirts, but those items get banned from schools. Groups have even gone so far as to offer to pay for contraceptions for at risk groups but many in those groups want to have children so the government can continue to fork out checks to them. We live in a screwed up system where abstinance is laughed at and multiple partners are incouraged.

My second oldest son just broke up with his girlfriend because she kept pressing him to have sex because she wanted a child and he said he wasnt ready for children or sex and prefered to wait until marriage before taking such steps.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,902,165 times
Reputation: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually there are Christian groups out there trying to educate the masses to prevent the need for abortion but they get attacked ignored and banned from their target audiences. Planned Parenthood is welcome on school campuses but Christian groups are not. There are abstinance groups out there who are actually laughed out of any serious prevention drive. Teen age Christians have even gone so far as to were abstinance rings, braclets and shirts, but those items get banned from schools. Groups have even gone so far as to offer to pay for contraceptions for at risk groups but many in those groups want to have children so the government can continue to fork out checks to them. We live in a screwed up system where abstinance is laughed at and multiple partners are incouraged.

My second oldest son just broke up with his girlfriend because she kept pressing him to have sex because she wanted a child and he said he wasnt ready for children or sex and prefered to wait until marriage before taking such steps.
Your son must have a strong character. God's grace to him.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,030,116 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Your son must have a strong character. God's grace to him.
I thank you, he has his problems but luckily that isnt one of them. Like all of us he is a work in progress as are all my sons.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,340,354 times
Reputation: 1008
God will judge everyone with all their sins whether it's lying or committing murder.

We make excuses to lie but it's not ok

Getting raped and getting pregnant then aborting the child is sin.

Will the person go to hell?

I can't say that as people have an opportunity to repent while they're still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp999 View Post
I'm a christian and I AGREE with you. I never thought I would think abortion was ok in ANY manner. I used to say, well it's awful that a woman would kill a baby that didn't ask to be.
But you know what? Are some of you seriously kidding me? Do you honestly think God is going to judge someone who had an ab. due to rape? NO! Give me a break. He knows someones heart.
Yes, I'm sure God rather have the person have their baby...but don't cluck unless you are in that womans shoes. I've met MANY rape victims and it infuriates me to think that peopel use religion to force her to stay pregnant.

SHE WAS JUST RAPED and NOW you're trying to make her feel bad for getting an abortion? Stop being hypocrites. A TRUE Christian, like myself, understands, that there are sometimes awful circumstances in life and that certain decisions MUST be made.

Do you think God sends people who fought in the war to hell? NO. Because it was under a certain circumstance.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
109 posts, read 187,685 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
No, at least not in the sense that it's legal now.
When man's laws conflict with Yahweh's Law, you should obey Yahweh. Abortion is murder. Even by condoning it, you are participating in its evil.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Oxford, OH
1,461 posts, read 3,284,432 times
Reputation: 826
I think abortion is distroying God's wonderful creation. All the research shows that even if someone has been raped they suffer depression because later they realize they have taken an life that had no sin.
I support our Women's care center here and one of the last speakers was a medical student with a four point. She was a wonderful speaker talking about how she chooses life over death. At the very end she said she was a result of rape and her mother kept her since she was not at fault. You could have heard a pin drop....it was so moving.
 
Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
 
9,728 posts, read 3,536,973 times
Reputation: 10797
There was a time, before I was a christian, that I thought abortion was a woman's choice. After I became a christian, I began to study the Word and sonograms. Sonograms showed me it is a living child and the Word showed me it is murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top