U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Well, if he dislikes women ministers, wait till he also sees this juicy tidbit of news just out today !!!

This'll really be a "Fundy Field Day"

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Openly gay bishop to deliver first inauguration event invocation - Blogs from CNN.com

Personally, it's none of my business what Mr Obama does. He and others are free to do as the so wish!!!
It looks like he's chosen a wide variety of clergy to reach out to all Americans and show that things will be very different with his administration. I don't agree with gay groups protesting Rick Warren at the innauguration - Obama isn't only going to be the president for gay people. I welcome the diverstiy of clergy chosen because I'm hoping for a less divided country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,724,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It looks like he's chosen a wide variety of clergy to reach out to all Americans and show that things will be very different with his administration. I don't agree with gay groups protesting Rick Warren at the innauguration - Obama isn't only going to be the president for gay people. I welcome the diverstiy of clergy chosen because I'm hoping for a less divided country.
The only thing missing is a priest and a rabbi and we got the beginning of a joke

Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Another first -- woman to give inaugural sermon - CNN.com

Great gospel, sign me up! Cannot wait for this empty, universalist sermon
Yep, I agree! Another empty universalist sermon, not because it's a woman, but because God's Word is taken out of context. I'm right there with you Fundamentalist!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I welcome the diverstiy of clergy chosen because I'm hoping for a less divided country.
Diversity in the clergy? What heresy! Are you serious? Do you know anything about God's Word? Where in the Bible do you see diversity in the clergy?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 AM

309 posts, read 446,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Diversity in the clergy? What heresy! Are you serious? Do you know anything about God's Word? Where in the Bible do you see diversity in the clergy?
Whats wrong with diversity since their was a woman deacon in the Bible Phoebe was a deacon which is translated diakonos which means to serve and a deacon, one who, by virtue of the office assigned to him by the church, cares for the poor and has charge of and distributes the money collected for their use. I feel that diversity can be great if that is what the Lord wants. One major fault a lot of us have however is we go by what WE want and not what the Lord wants.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The only thing missing is a priest and a rabbi and we got the beginning of a joke
Now you made me laugh!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Sorry, I forgot that only Hoosier has the correct religious views that must be applied to all Christians

Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot that only Hoosier has the correct religious views that must be applied to all Christians
I am so glad you FINALLY figured that out! Now we can get somewhere!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:16 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,210,469 times
Lets see...

She:

is general pastor of a 700,000 member denomination
served two years in the Congo teaching adult literacy
traveled to the middle east focusing on the plight of Iraqi refugees
holds a Doctors of Ministry from Phillips Theological Seminary
holds a Masters of Divinity from Yale
holds a Bachelors in French and Economics from Butler

I gotta agree with fundy on this. She sounds HORRIBLE! Where does Obama come up with this hack? I mean surely there are more qualified individuals out there?

What a Fraud!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Lets see...

She:

is general pastor of a 700,000 member denomination
served two years in the Congo teaching adult literacy
traveled to the middle east focusing on the plight of Iraqi refugees
holds a Doctors of Ministry from Phillips Theological Seminary
holds a Masters of Divinity from Yale
holds a Bachelors in French and Economics from Butler

I gotta agree with fundy on this. She sounds HORRIBLE! Where does Obama come up with this hack? I mean surely there are more qualified individuals out there?

What a Fraud!
Yeah, like the pastor at my parent's Mega church. He has a GED, an honorary doctorate from Oral (or was it Anal) Roberts, no other college education, was addicted to drugs and alcohol at one time, drives a Hummer, has armed guards, almost the entire church staff is his family, lives in a mansion, takes lavish trips, finances hidden from the congregation, etc. But hey, he can bash homos and "preach from the Bible", so he must be a godly man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity