Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you love God of the Old Testament?
Yes 21 77.78%
No 6 22.22%
Indifferent 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Well to be honest, considering who created the thread, it definitely was a big waste of time.

LoneStar or Coors is on me
and by what pray tell did you mean by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Well to be honest, considering who created the thread, it definitely was a big waste of time.

LoneStar or Coors is on me
That we can agree on.

By the way. Do you live in Sweden? Spent some time in Karlskrona and Goteborg.

Would have though you would have offered the Elephant beer.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
That we can agree on.

By the way. Do you live in Sweden? Spent some time in Karlskrona and Goteborg.
I'm in Goatborg alright However, I'd even prefer your westcentral Texas Oakwoodland & Hills country than here. Actually anywhere in the Southwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty
Would have though you would have offered the Elephant beer.
Now we're talking around 7.5%. I believe it's made by Carlsberg from Dänemark. However I like Tuborg Guld. I don't really like Swedish beer, too watery. Best is to be found by taking a trip to Prague, Czech Republic. It's wooooonnnnnnderful there.

Oooops, off topic. Maybe they have a thirsty section somewhere here.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I'm in Goatborg alright However, I'd even prefer your westcentral Texas Oakwoodland & Hills country than here. Actually anywhere in the Southwest.

Now we're talking around 7.5%. I believe it's made by Carlsberg from Dänemark. However I like Tuborg Guld. I don't really like Swedish beer, too watery. Best is to be found by taking a trip to Prague, Czech Republic. It's wooooonnnnnnderful there.

Oooops, off topic. Maybe they have a thirsty section somewhere here.
Swedish beer is horrible. To keep this on topic Jesus wouldn't even drink Swedish beer. Lutfisk & Swedish beer.. nasty.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Man! you guys know a lot of beer. Curious, can you recite the 10 commandments?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Better yet, recite the 10 commandments after your beer?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Better yet, recite the 10 commandments after your beer?
I wouldn't do that physically nor even make a joke of God's word.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I wouldn't do that physically nor even make a joke of God's word.
I was enjoying the conversation...seriously, did I offend you??

Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
U.F.O.s

U
nfounded

Fundamentalist

Objections

Okay nuff said, back on topic.

My only disagreement was with the word 'Genocide', as I don't see that as something from God but rather from a human invention.

Though I'll admit that Psalm 83 speaks about the termination of certain nations, it had nothing to do with their race, but rather their ungodly culture and mistreatment of his chosen people at the time. Too much to go into here. But research the history and background of those nations and God was more than justified for bring the punishment by means of Babylon. The interesting thing also is that even God's own people Israel eventually suffered the same fate for their unfaithfulness, so they were held to the same standard. So the wording actually was the stumbling point for me.

Last edited by bluepacific; 01-14-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Of course I know the 10 commandments of beer.. Who doesn't?

· Thou shalt never let beer get warm.
· If thou should let beer get warm, thou shalt not put beer in the fridge, thou shalt dig a deep grave and pray for beer hops to be reabsorbed back into the earth for further ale sustenance
· If drinking from a tap, thou shalt tip the bartender 2 or more dollars to ensure she/he keeps the hand off the water tap.
· If thou should not like beer taste, thou shalt find a suitable owner to take beer in. Never shall thou pour beer down the drain.
· If a friend should leave a beer unfinished after a party, it is your duty to finish beer when no one is looking.
· Pouring beer on the ground is only authorized if paying tribute to the brewery or dead friends who cannot drink anymore.
· Thou shalt never be a quitter
· If drinking from a clear plastic cup, you will always keep cup full and shall never put anything in beer.
· Beer bongs are the ultimate tribute
· If thou should spill beer on someone of the opposite sex, it is your duty to retrieve beer in the quickest way possible from the victim. (this has advantages for the drinker and the spillee).

Although fundy I don't really see how this is on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity