U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you love God of the Old Testament?
Yes 21 77.78%
No 6 22.22%
Indifferent 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,719,489 times

Advertisements

(Poll for Christians only)

You know the God that promised He would send the perfect sacrifice and the God who has committed and even instigated genocide. Do you love that God or do you think that God was mean but He changed in the NT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 PM

4,047 posts, read 4,486,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

You know the God that promised He would send the perfect sacrifice and the God who has committed and even instigated genocide. Do you love that God or do you think that God was mean but He changed in the NT?
oops jumped the gun before reading the OP, sorry

Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM

40,085 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

You still don't get it, Fundy . . . God didn't change . . . Jesus was sent to CORRECT the stupid primitive beliefs about God . . . THAT'S what changed. Too bad it still hasn't been realized by so many that God is love . . . not vengeance or hate or genocide or any other evil of humankind.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM

2,255 posts, read 4,893,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You still don't get it, Fundy . . . God didn't change . . . Jesus was sent to CORRECT the stupid primitive beliefs about God . . . THAT'S what changed. Too bad it still hasn't been realized by so many that God is love . . . not vengeance or hate or genocide or any other evil of humankind.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the list. Hence I refused to vote!!!

Amazing how Almighty God is blamed for the misconduct of a stubborn stiff-necked people.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:11 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,898,664 times
A young boy saw his loving Father go off to work smiling and happy, but when He came back for lunch, the child was scared out of his wits at the sight of a warrior dressed for battle.

His father then removed his armor and said, "Son, it's just me!"

(An OT to New comparison.)

Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM

40,085 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
A young boy saw his loving Father go off to work smiling and happy, but when He came back for lunch, the child was scared out of his wits at the sight of a warrior dressed for battle.

Any warrior that goes to battle smiling and happy is NOT doing so for God.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,042 times
I don't understand. God is God.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,264,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I don't understand. God is God.
Amen! God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Blessings

Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,898,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Any warrior that goes to battle smiling and happy is NOT doing so for God.
It's the character of appearance I was referring to - people see the God of the OT as a mean God, and the God of the NT as soft and cuddly.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM

21,641 posts, read 30,256,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen! God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Blessings
Yes! There is only ONE God, He is the God of the OT and NT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or