U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:37 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,144,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The way into Heaven is through Jesus Christ alone."
[quote]

All are reconciled through Jesus Christ alone. I believe that it is only through the work of God in the sacrifice, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that all will eventually be restored to God. This is what Christian Universalism or Restorationism is to me. It is also referred to as Universal Reconciliation, Ultimate Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Apokatastis, Apocatastasis, Universal Redemption, The Larger Hope, The Greater Faith, The Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are some who go by the name Universalist who do believe that all roads lead to heaven/God. These are for example, Unitarians, I believe. I don't agree with this or believe this.

Quote:
Then my question is, why be a Christian? How does it benefit me? If I found out universalism is the right doctrine, then no kidding. I would head for the nearest strip club tonight and say, hi to some old friends
I would agree with little elmer. Why are you a believer/Christian in the first place? Is it just to escape what is believed to be an eternal hell or is it because of knowing that Jesus suffered and died for you and me. Jesus died for you and me so that we would be free from a life of sinning. We are supposed to be living for Him, honoring Him with our lives. We are supposed to be different, to be lights in a dying world. God is performing His work in us and like little elmer said, the more trash someone has in their life, the more He will deal with us. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-12-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,718,586 times
[quote=ShanaBrown;6968129]
Quote:

All are reconciled through Jesus Christ alone. I believe that it is only through the work of God in the sacrifice, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that all will eventually be restored to God. This is what Christian Universalism or Restorationism is to me. There are some who go by the name Universalist who do believe that all roads lead to heaven/God. These are for example, Unitarians, I believe. I don't agree with this or believe this.

I would agree with little elmer. Why are you a believer/Christian in the first place? Is it just to escape what is believed to be an eternal hell or is it because of knowing that Jesus suffered and died for you and me. Jesus died for you and me so that we would be free from a life of sinning. We are supposed to be living for Him, honoring Him with our lives. We are supposed to be different, to be lights in a dying world. God is performing His work in us and like little elmer said, the more trash someone has in their life, the more He will deal with us. God bless.
I am a believer because I know I am wretched and deserve hell because I broke His Law but God sent me His Son so I don't have to go through that. THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE and I am more than thankful but Christianity is too hard of a life. There are Christians suffering out there, being tortured or watching their kids being tortured as we speak and for what so there children's torturers and murderers can go to heaven as well? WHY??!! why should they go through this if everyone goes to heaven?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Fundamentalist, I believe that those who are suffering for the cause of Christ will be acknowledged for this. They will be blessed. The apostle Paul suffered so much for the Lord and he looked forward to his reward, but but we are blessed to be a blessing. And if you really think about it, what is anything that we have suffered compared to what Jesus suffered? Why is wrong to believe that God can break even the most sinful, most evil of hearts and win them to Him? Why would we not want all to finally realize that they were wrong and come to Jesus acknowledging their sins and pledging allegiance to Him, wholeheartedly, not out of a fear of what He might do them but because of what He has done for them? Jesus died for all and He deserves all. We believe that the sacrifice of Christ will have a greater and more glorious effect than the disobedience of Adam. God bless.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Fundamentalist, I believe that those who are suffering for the cause of Christ will be acknowledged for this. They will be blessed. The apostle Paul suffered so much for the Lord and he looked forward to his reward, but but we are blessed to be a blessing. And if you really think about it, what is anything that we have suffered compared to what Jesus suffered? Why is wrong to believe that God can break even the most sinful, most evil of hearts and win them to Him? Why would we not want all to finally realize that they were wrong and come to Jesus acknowledging their sins and pledging allegiance to Him, wholeheartedly, not out of a fear of what He might do them but because of what He has done for them? Jesus died for all and He deserves all. We believe that the sacrifice of Christ will have a greater and more glorious effect than the disobedience of Adam. God bless.
First off, why should I care I mean I am going to heaven anyway? second I didn't ask that. Why should I be a Christian, why should I go through life not having sex, not drinking at the club, why the stress of being salt and light, why the gospel, WHY BE BAPTIZED?! I don't care what I receive in heaven because the bible says, no jealousy, sadness, sorrow in heaven. So why can't I just live my life the way I want, to h--- with God because I will still go to heaven.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:14 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,933,123 times
If you believe in universalism you can do anything you want because no matter what, you'll be in heaven. What a crock! A lie from the pit of hell. And boy is it workin' like a charm. So many people believing that lie.

"My people are destroyed for their lack of knowledge" Hosea.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Why should I be a Christian, why should I go through life not having sex, not drinking at the club, why the stress of being salt and light, why the gospel, WHY BE BAPTIZED?
2 Corinthians 5 15 and He died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again.

I don't really understand, Fundamentalist, what you are asking. Our lives are to be different because of what Jesus has done for us. I once was blind but now I see. I once was lost, but now am found. Thank you God for saving a sinner like me. When we realize what Jesus has done for us, really realize this, we should want to honor Him with our lives. Jesus died for you and me so that we would be free from a life of sinning. We are supposed to be living for Him, honoring Him with our lives. We are supposed to be different, to be lights in a dying world. We are the firstfruits in God's harvest, which is to include all mankind. God bless.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
If you believe in universalism you can do anything you want because no matter what, you'll be in heaven. What a crock! A lie from the pit of hell. And boy is it workin' like a charm. So many people believing that lie.

"My people are destroyed for their lack of knowledge" Hosea.
This is not the belief and teaching of those who believe in the ultimate victory of Jessus Christ. If someone did whatevever they wanted and then on their deathbed, came to the Lord, what would you say? That he or she is unacceptable to God? I believe that people will reap what they sow. God will deal with sin, and He will, in the process, win all hearts to Himself. It was His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. (Colossians 1) God bless.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
2 Corinthians 5 15 and He died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again.

I don't really understand, Fundamentalist, what you are asking. Our lives are to be different because of what Jesus has done for us. When we realize what Jesus has done for us, really realize this, we should want to honor Him with our lives. Jesus died for you and me so that we would be free from a life of sinning. We are supposed to be living for Him, honoring Him with our lives. We are supposed to be different, to be lights in a dying world. We are the firstfruits in God's harvest, which is to include all mankind. God bless.
Why!!?? should I follow Him if I will be reconciled to Him anyway? the bible says I am at enmity with God, I am carnal. I want nothing to do with God so if that's the case, why do I go against my own nature? there is no point. We are all going to heaven anyway. You see my way, even if I am wrong we will all go to heaven but if you are wrong and I am right then you are guilty of heresy and millions who believed your doctrine will go to hell. Sin is fun and we are bound by it so why go through the battle of flesh and spirit, why go through the hassle and stress when we can just give in and live a happier, eaier, selfish life?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,933,123 times
Quote:
This is not the belief and teaching of those who believe in the ultimate victory of Jessus Christ. If someone did whatevever they wanted and then on their deathbed, came to the Lord, what would you say? That he or she is unacceptable to God? I believe that people will reap what they sow. God will deal with sin, and He will, in the process, win all hearts to Himself. It was His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. (Colossians 1) God bless.
What I am saying Miss Shana is that it is ludicrous for people to accept the teaching that everyone is going to heaven. That is absolutely untrue. Everyone is not going there. It's sad and heartbreaking, but very real.

God is all powerful and He can do anything He wants. I've seen deathbed conversions in my family and know the reality of it. But I've also seen many of my loved ones refuse to believe the truth and go into eternity without Christ. It's painful to think about and gutwrenching but so very true. Not everyone will be in heaven.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Why!!?? We are all going to heaven anyway. You see my way, even if I am wrong we will all go to heaven but if you are wrong and I am right then you are guilty of heresy and millions who believed your doctrine will go to hell. Sin is fun and we are bound by it so why go through the battle of flesh and spirit, why go through the hassle and stress when we can just give in and live a happier, eaier, selfish life?
If someone says this, this says to me that they do not really understand why Jesus died for them. It isn't really about going to heaven. It is about pleasing the Father and about being reconciled to Him. I believe that God is greater than darkness and that goodness will reign over evil. I believe that Jesus will restore all to the Father and I believe that this is found in the scriptures. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity