U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,626,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Yes you are only sharing your faith shana.... unfortunately some only want their views heard. Thank God we live in a free country. God bless you. I`m glad you are here.

Yes, and I am glad that many believe all that was given to us by the Holy Spirit.
Sharing 'views' and sharing the word of God are two differant things. I prefer to believe the latter.

As for God blessing those who go on and add to His words, or take away from them...I don't think so!

I have read that you are not to bid 'God speed' to those who come to you with a differant doctrine than what was given to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The pride is not found among the broken, but among those who say they are whole.
Amen!!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:46 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Yes, and I am glad that many believe all that was given to us by the Holy Spirit.
Sharing 'views' and sharing the word of God are two differant things. I prefer to believe the latter.
It is too bad that you are only two millennia too late to share it with like-minded intellects. Human knowledge has evolved beyond such simple minded and barbaric concepts for most of us . . . thanks to Jesus and the holy spirit. Maybe you just missed that meeting.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 AM

7,556 posts, read 11,890,246 times
Quote:
But Marianinark, do you believe that we've "seen" all there is in the spirit? I firmly know that there's more for the believer - we've only scratched the surface, so to speak.

I believe He will have a people that will be separated unto Him - a spotless bride who reveals Him to the nations. She will know Him in the fellowship of His suffering, and the power of His resurrection. This "resurrection" is not a physical one that we undergo, but rather the process of dying to self and being emptied of our carnality (which is where the church is miserably lacking; she's so defiled) ...and being filled with His life (which is His faith, His love, His power, etc.) which cannot be given to the flesh.

Eternity is without beginning or end, that is not debatable; but death has both a beginning and an end - there shall be no more death!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
But Marianinark, do you believe that we've "seen" all there is in the spirit? I firmly know that there's more for the believer - we've only scratched the surface, so to speak.

I believe He will have a people that will be separated unto Him - a spotless bride who reveals Him to the nations. She will know Him in the fellowship of His suffering, and the power of His resurrection. This "resurrection" is not a physical one that we undergo, but rather the process of dying to self and being emptied of our carnality (which is where the church is miserably lacking; she's so defiled) ...and being filled with His life (which is His faith, His love, His power, etc.) which cannot be given to the flesh.

Eternity is without beginning or end, that is not debatable; but death has both a beginning and an end - there shall be no more death!

I believe I have seen all that the Holy Spirit intends for me to see. It is all recorded in the book we call the bible.
I do not think all was revealed, and I believe the scriptures say that it wasn't. There are too many things that the mortal mind cannot comprehend, and things that we do not need to know.
I am very content to accept what has been given to us, and not happy with the 'picking it apart' mentality.

I can privately speculate about things that were not revealed, but to force my speculations on others is not the Christian way. There is really no way we can know what has not been given to us in His word.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,890,246 times
Quote:
I believe I have seen all that the Holy Spirit intends for me to see. It is all recorded in the book we call the bible.
I do not think all was revealed, and I believe the scriptures say that it wasn't. There are too many things that the mortal mind cannot comprehend, and things that we do not need to know.
I am very content to accept what has been given to us, and not happy with the 'picking it apart' mentality.

I can privately speculate about things that were not revealed, but to force my speculations on others is not the Christian way. There is really no way we can know what has not been given to us in His word.
I agree with the direction you're coming from, and it's certainly not mine (or anyone else's) place to hammer a viewpoint down anyone's throat. (Sounds Christ-like, huh? )

But there's individual and corporate revelations, of this I'm sure. There are things that the Lord has shown some and not others, just as there are some who are further along in the Lord than others. If you've walked in the Lord for many years, you probably are (or should be) deeper than you were when you took your first steps, and our understanding is opened as we grow in Him to His ways. I am grateful that I know Him more deeply now than 20 years ago, for example - and I see things in a deeper light than I did then.

This forum is for discussion about spiritual matters, but ministry does not seem to be a strong suit - just debate about what we see as being truth.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,876,216 times
Quote:
I agree with the direction you're coming from, and it's certainly not mine (or anyone else's) place to hammer a viewpoint down anyone's throat. (Sounds Christ-like, huh? )

But there's individual and corporate revelations, of this I'm sure. There are things that the Lord has shown some and not others, just as there are some who are further along in the Lord than others. If you've walked in the Lord for many years, you probably are (or should be) deeper than you were when you took your first steps, and our understanding is opened as we grow in Him to His ways. I am grateful that I know Him more deeply now than 20 years ago, for example - and I see things in a deeper light than I did then.

This forum is for discussion about spiritual matters, but ministry does not seem to be a strong suit - just debate about what we see as being truth.
Amen Elmer. God`s ways are truly deep and marvelous..who can truly know them. The more I learn and study I realize how much more I know now as opposed to 30 yrs ago and how much I don`t know. We can never stop growing and maturing in the Lord.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 PM

I can tell you one of the things that I have gleaned in all my years of being in Christ and in studying and obeying His word : there is nothing in this world that is worth losing our life or our faith for!
Another thing that I have gleaned...almost everything on TV is a bunch of garbage, and very ungodly.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,138,703 times
Quote:
Yes you are only sharing your faith shana.... unfortunately some only want their views heard. Thank God we live in a free country. God bless you. I`m glad you are here.
Thank you, Dave.

Quote:
I am sharing the word of God, Marininark. My faith is based on this and I believe that the word of God teaches that all will eventually be restored to the Father. I am not forcing my beliefs on anyone but I will share them as God allows. This thread was an invitation to share in order to to clear up confusion on the subject. I also believe that the teaching of eternal hell adds or takes away from the word of God. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-15-2009 at 07:34 PM..

Old 01-15-2009, 07:10 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,138,703 times
Quote:
I have already stated that no universalist I know tells people that they're getting a free ride - in fact, what I believe is that THE CHURCH will be disciplined much harsher than what the rapture "crowd" believes.

I agree with this.

Quote:
Amen Elmer. God`s ways are truly deep and marvelous..who can truly know them. The more I learn and study I realize how much more I know now as opposed to 30 yrs ago and how much I don`t know. We can never stop growing and maturing in the Lord.
Amen. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-15-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity