U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:18 PM

2,255 posts, read 4,895,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Maybe if you read the context of what Jesus said rather than just quote a verse you might find out. How about interpriting that verse with the one where Jesus said "If you do not own a sword, sell your cloak and buy one". I personally see it as self defense verses attacking someone.
He did it diliberately to teach an object lesson. Yeah read the context. Who were the 60+ million German Evangelicals and Catholics citizens defending themselves against when they started World War II ??? How about Austria ??? Italy ???

Who and what were the European Christian nations defending against when the conquered the planet during the Colonial era ??? Did the Inca, Aztecs, Apaches, Cheyenne, Comaches, Souix, Mohawk, Chinese, Zulu, etc come to Europe and threaten them with take over ???

Please, read the context!!! Christ followers were supposed to be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 03:28 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,724,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
He did it diliberately to teach an object lesson. Yeah read the context. Who were the 60+ million German Evangelicals and Catholics citizens defending themselves against when they started World War II ??? How about Austria ??? Italy ???

Who and what were the European Christian nations defending against when the conquered the planet during the Colonial era ??? Did the Inca, Aztecs, Apaches, Cheyenne, Comaches, Souix, Mohawk, Chinese, Zulu, etc come to Europe and threaten them with take over ???

Please, read the context!!! Christ followers were supposed to be different.
What? do you think all the countries, tribes etc... you called out haven't been conquerors themselves? You think they haven't done wicked things as well? You have to put this in perspective. Conquered become conquerors and vice versa.

We can defend oursleves.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:41 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,633,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Frankly, I find reading posts by people who cannot be bothered to run spell checker is a form of torture.

Hmmm, remind me to keep a very close eye on everything you post!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What? do you think all the countries, tribes etc... you called out haven't been conquerors themselves? You think they haven't done wicked things as well? You have to put this in perspective. Conquered become conquerors and vice versa.

We can defend oursleves.
Christianity is supposed to be different FUNDY, not the same as the so-called Heathen nations , right ??? So called "Christian Countries" have always taken the lead in these past few centuries for starting the bloodshed across this planet, not the other way around. The United States & Great Britain are NOT Christian backed nations. They use the label for power and control, but that's it. Now, that's not even played out anymore. Churches are now on the down side.

Christendom had their shot in Europe when they ruled the world with an Iron fist and they blew it. They never taught anybody a thing about true Christianity and they had a Golden opportunity to do so and it past them by. They are bloodguilty and continue to be such.

Is anyone else appalled at the sickening spiritual condition of Churches today ???

Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,032,097 times
You are right bluepacific, true Christianity has been trampled underfoot since its beginning and the Apostates have been running the show. This truth that you have shared with us is the persicution that was warned about in the scriptures and is getting much worse as the days go by. We are trully living in the endtimes and the world doesnt even know the truth.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 PM

30,698 posts, read 49,495,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Look to the post by me preceding the one you quoted.

Oh.. and you can make fun of me. I'm quite worthy of fun being made of. No worries.
Sigh.

I ask a question, and you answer with riddles.

Okay fine.

The OP says:

"Where is torture in the Bible"

I am being on topic here; I ask once again is there a Bible passage that discusses torture, that anyone is aware of?

Any bible passage?

Anyone?

Riddlers can riddle all they wish to, however are there any bible passages on this topic?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,210,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Sigh.

I ask a question, and you answer with riddles.

Okay fine.

The OP says:

"Where is torture in the Bible"

I am being on topic here; I ask once again is there a Bible passage that discusses torture, that anyone is aware of?

Any bible passage?

Anyone?

Riddlers can riddle all they wish to, however are there any bible passages on this topic?
Riddles? What in the hell are you talking about. I pointed you to the first post I made in this thread. Just an FYI you can click on the links to go to the first page of this thread. Alas since instead of debating the point you've decided to call me a riddler (I'm still at a loss there because it makes zero effing sense)... I can only assume you to be lazy.

As such.. for your viewing pleasure (ribbed I might say).. here:

Does that work for you pumpkin? In case you are wondering its called interpretation of the listed scripture within that link. Use your pointy device to click on the linkey.

Let me know if you need breadcrumbs to be put down to find your way back (see what I did there.. used a children's story as example since you like riddles and all)

Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You are right bluepacific, true Christianity has been trampled underfoot since its beginning and the Apostates have been running the show. This truth that you have shared with us is the persicution that was warned about in the scriptures and is getting much worse as the days go by. We are trully living in the endtimes and the world doesnt even know the truth.
Nobody is to fault for being ignorant. But it is their fault if they choose to stay that way.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 AM

30,892 posts, read 31,793,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

We can defend oursleves.
There were no humans in the Americas when the native peoples first arrived, so the had no one to conquer. They were slaughtered by the thousands by Europeans...Mostly Christians.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 AM

55,679 posts, read 74,680,484 times
americans dont like punishment of any kind for any reason. we need to make penal system highly mobile out of the reach of lawyers and media. this i think will soon happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or