U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,892,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There were no humans in the Americas when the native peoples first arrived, so the had no one to conquer. They were slaughtered by the thousands by Europeans...Mostly Christians.
No you did'nt get the point he was making. Let's look at it again: "We can defend ourselves"

How dare those Indigenus people of the Americas come to Europe in their canoes and attack without provocation the innocents Christendom.

Later on, the Zulus, Watutsis, Hutus, Tutsis, Bantu, Massai, etc of Africa also wanted to take over Europe and landed their canoes on the shores of Spain, France and Great Britain in their quest for world supremacy and domination.

And the audacity of those backward heathen tribes in all those regions of the world who dared occupy those Church ordained promised countries, rich with natural resources, given to Europeans before the Europeans had a chance to occupy them.

Somehow though I believe those Europeans were worshipping a different type of god.

http://archive.patriotpost.us/pub/08-39_Digest/topNews.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by bluepacific; 01-15-2009 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 AM

55,647 posts, read 74,595,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
No you did'nt get the point he was making. Let's look at it again: "We can defend ourselves"

How dare those Indigenus people of the Americas come to Europe in their canoes and attack without provocation the innocents Christendom.

Later on, the Zulus, Watutsis, Hutus, Tutsis, Bantu, Massai, etc of Africa also wanted to take over Europe and landed their canoes on the shores of Spain, France and Great Britain in their quest for world supremacy and domination.

And the audacity of those backward heathen tribes in all those regions of the world who dared occupy those Church ordained promised countries, rich with natural resources, given to Europeans before the Europeans had a chance to occupy them.
north africa and mid east have in fact invaded europe. europe has changed since 1977 drastically. they did not use canoe, they used jumbo jets.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
north africa and mid east have in fact invaded europe. europe has changed since 1977 drastically. they did not use canoe, they used jumbo jets.
Looks like they're safe though, since Christendom is all but dead in Europe now.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:32 AM

30,677 posts, read 49,430,310 times
The OP: "Where is torture in the Bible"

I am being on topic here; Is there a Bible passage that discusses torture, that anyone is aware of?

Any bible passage?

Anyone?

Are there any bible passages on this topic?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The OP: "Where is torture in the Bible"

I am being on topic here; Is there a Bible passage that discusses torture, that anyone is aware of?

Any bible passage?

Anyone?

Are there any bible passages on this topic?
First off, if you look at both camps in this forum (Atheist/Religious), there are posters who start threads for no other purpose than Shock&Awe Controversy. Just consider the sourse before posting a reply and expect the most outrageous response.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:41 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,715,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
First off, if you look at both camps in this forum (Atheist/Religious), there are posters who start threads for no other purpose than Shock&Awe Controversy. Just consider the sourse before posting a reply and expect the most outrageous response.
There is no shock and awe, a legitimate question that I heard on the news and this minister had no clue what he was talking about because scripture does not support him from what I could see. Does the bible prohibit a government's use of torture?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
There is no shock and awe, a legitimate question that I heard on the news and this minister had no clue what he was talking about because scripture does not support him from what I could see. Does the bible prohibit a government's use of torture?
Lots of emotion has been posted in this thread.

I am not aware of any Bible passage that would prohibit the use a 'torture'.

During Bible times many armies were very cruel to their prisoners and slaves.

The Bible purposefully hands out guidelines of how we should treat our prisoners and our slaves.

The Bible requires that once they are our slaves we should treat them in a required manner.

Certainly if the Author of the Bible had desired to prohibit torture, then the Author would have included such.

The Author of the bible included hundreds to reminders to not worship multiple gods.

Laws about how to treat each of our wives, laws about many things. So if this had been a prohibition, it would be written.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,027,622 times
The only things I can think of are;

Do unto others..

Love your enemy...

An eye for and eye...

Do not repay evil for evil...

The problem is that most of these are refering to fellow believers and not non believers, so is there anything concerning the handling of non believers?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The only things I can think of are;

Do unto others..

Love your enemy...

An eye for and eye...

Do not repay evil for evil...

The problem is that most of these are refering to fellow believers and not non believers, so is there anything concerning the handling of non believers?
And yet this is all set within a greater context.

A context which allows: killing, marital rape, child marriage, slaves and of course war.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
There is no Christian government anywhere and for that matter, governments are allowed to do as they please until God brings them down at Har-Meggedon. So the real question should be: "Why has Christendom found it necessary to use torture in the past and justify it?"

The Christian obligation is to keep their big noses out of government and keep separate and distinct from the world. Unfortnately the Bible also shows a luxuriously dressed religious prostitute riding the back of government seeking special favours in return fornication provided by her for those favours. Any religion who claims to be in the marriage convenant with God commits adultery when she goes to bed with politicians. The centuries of this Religious/Political bed fellows relationship has now brought us into the wonderful world we all live in today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or