U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
 
113 posts, read 157,682 times
Reputation: 64

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If these being are so advanced, so intelligent when are they going to land on the White House lawn. It's about time.
Why wouldn't they, instead, stop in at the home of the most honest and respectful being on the planet. I mean, they hardly need to "lobby" The White house for some bailout money, right?

IMO, they would probably, instead, go directly to the home, however humble it might be, of the Dalai Lhama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I believe there is intelligent life besides us out there somewhere in the vast Universe.
You bet! Seriously, though, it WILL be a problem if they confirm that there is no God, but rather, it was they who started a grand petri dish experiment here on Earth about 110 B years ago. That this was nothing more than some intergalactic young twenty-something's PhD thesis project, and, more importantly, having made his point, he's here now to clean up and toss out the used-up (and, observably, constantly warring) lab rats!

In that sense, he'd be the "Golden Ark" we've all been waiting for! Just no chance to board and get the heck out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
Why wouldn't they, instead, stop in at the home of the most honest and respectful being on the planet. I mean, they hardly need to "lobby" The White house for some bailout money, right?

IMO, they would probably, instead, go directly to the home, however humble it might be, of the Dalai Lhama.

A Christian concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,851,694 times
Reputation: 1983
I don't know if UFO's are real or not, but I would find it hard to believe that God would create such an incredibly huge universe, and then put life only on earth. My bet is that the universe is teeming with life...with some of it being very intelligent...


Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I don't know if UFO's are real or not, but I would find it hard to believe that God would create such an incredibly huge universe, and then put life only on earth. My bet is that the universe is teeming with life...with some of it being very intelligent...


Bud
Scientist say that the earth is in the center of the universe. The bible says, the universe was created for His glory and that the heaven is His throne and the earth, His footstool.

The Bible gives us no reason to believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe. In fact, the Bible gives us several key reasons why there cannot be. Yes, there are many strange and unexplainable things that take place. There is no reason, though, to attribute these phenomena to aliens or UFOs. If there is a discernable cause to these supposed events, it is likely spiritual, and more specifically, demonic in origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 AM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,892,825 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Scientist say that the earth is in the center of the universe. The bible says, the universe was created for His glory and that the heaven is His throne and the earth, His footstool.
Wow I've never heard a scientist say that before , only ignorant Clergy from the Dark Ages who ran a smear campaign against Galileo who was right in the first place!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
2,890 posts, read 4,204,232 times
Reputation: 3098
I think our universe is teaming with intelligent life, just because their not right next door doesn't mean they don't exist. As for them visiting us, I'm reminded of what Carl Sagan said, What is it that makes us so important to be visited, in our galaxy we are in the outskirts, in a very remote section. As for them being "demons" I think if they observe us long enough, they might come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, we are the demons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Wow I've never heard a scientist say that before , only ignorant Clergy from the Dark Ages who ran a smear campaign against Galileo who was right in the first place!!!
I just said, scientist, take it up with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I think our universe is teaming with intelligent life, just because their not right next door doesn't mean they don't exist. As for them visiting us, I'm reminded of what Carl Sagan said, What is it that makes us so important to be visited, in our galaxy we are in the outskirts, in a very remote section. As for them being "demons" I think if they observe us long enough, they might come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, we are the demons.
Well then if there is life and you are a Christian then you must believe that they are apart of creation as well? if so then they are also under the curse. They are fallen just like us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,892,825 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I just said, scientist, take it up with them.
Nope, I'm taking it up with you since you stated it as fact!!!

Names of scientist ???

Sources ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Nope, I'm taking it up with you since you stated it as fact!!!

Names of scientist ???

Sources ???
By the way. I googled it and just gave the first 4 links. I have no clue what they said. If you want to see who says, then google it.

Polish, Swedish scientists say they have identified Copernicus'... - [domain blocked due to spam]

Scientists Say Copernicus' Remains, Grave Found| Christianpost.com

More Evidence Earth is Not Center of Universe | Universe Today

Scientists say Copernicus' remains found (http://www.iconocast.com/00027/S8/News1.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top