U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:49 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,897,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
By the way. I googled it and just gave the first 4 links. I have no clue what they said. If you want to see who says, then google it.

Polish, Swedish scientists say they have identified Copernicus'... - [domain blocked due to spam]

Scientists Say Copernicus' Remains, Grave Found| Christianpost.com

More Evidence Earth is Not Center of Universe | Universe Today

Scientists say Copernicus' remains found (http://www.iconocast.com/00027/S8/News1.htm - broken link)
Please

Next time do your homework and read the info before you make outrageous claims. You never even read the material.

Another wasted moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,728,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Please

Next time do your homework and read the info before you make outrageous claims. You never even read the material.

Another wasted moment.
Please it is so obvious , playing infantile games that you are trying to get back at me with such a weak accusation. I am here about theology not science. I guess I should have said, Scientist "SAID" instead of "SAY". Big whoop

Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM

589 posts, read 1,350,282 times
The Aliens of UFO's are really nephilim, a hybrid of half human and half fallen angel. These are beings with super human intelligence and psychic ability are being reproduced by human abductions. Notice many cases of abducted individuals dabbled in the occult; there are also cases of abduction suddenly stopped when the abductee called out the name of Jesus!

By genetic engineering, the Nephilim now looks just like any normal human being... many of them probably are living among us already. However, in Biblical times their method was not yet perfected so they were huge and grotesque.

In the Bible they are called "giants" who are the union of human women and the "sons of God." During the time of Noah God destroyed the World with the Flood because the whole earth was overrun with "giants." It is prophesied the same situation will happen at the end time.

I believe in the Great Tribulation, the False Prophet... the leader of a very powerful church... will use the nephilim as enforcers of the Mark of the Beast. They will search out the Christians and other rebels who refused to take the Mark or worship the image of the Beast. I also believe majority of the 200-Million army of the Antichrist is really the nephilim.

I suspect the time is near when the reveal will be made. The Church is already preparing the Christians to warm up to the idea that "aliens" are really friendly beings!

Vatican: It’s OK to Believe in Aliens - Vatican Observatory Vatican Ufo Space Aliens - WKRG.com

Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well then if there is life and you are a Christian then you must believe that they are apart of creation as well? if so then they are also under the curse. They are fallen just like us.
Well then if there is life and you are a Christian then you must believe that they are apart of creation as well

That is a given, I do believe that there is a Creative Source, call it God if you chose to, this Creative Source is the foundation of all existance, so of course, if we were created by this, then everything everywhere was also created by this.

If these "aliens" have progressed to the point of space travel outside of your solar system, then they have also progressed down their spiritual path to a point that different beliefs do not tear them apart. This is the biggest challenge that plagues all "intelligent" life, the fact that beliefs can benefit our civilization or destroy it.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM

6,226 posts, read 6,854,921 times
Back in the 70s I read the book "Spaceships of Ezekiel", about what some folks believe was a UFO sighting by Ezekiel of the bible. The book was written by a NASA engineer Josef F. Blumrich. Interesting read.
UFO.Whipnet.org | UFO | Ezekiel's Wheel

Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,635,723 times
In my humble opinion, I believe there are spiritual beings all around us, most of which we do not, can not, see. I recall the horsemen on the surrounding hills, in the OT that could not be seen until God revealed them to the prophet. (I haven't looked up the passage).
There are recorded instances of spiritual beings suddenly appearing, and suddenly disappearing, including angels. None of such things cause me to fear them.

I do believe the far-fetched stories about alien abductions etc. are just that...far-fetched.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,428,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
NOTE BEFORE YOU TRY TO CRUCIFY ME: THIS IS SUBMITTED WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK! YOU KNOW, TO SHOW THAT WE ATHEIST CHRISTIANS CAN HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

Perhaps it's how God has been visiting. Though of course he hasn't done anything verifiable after these sightings. My husband actually did see one once, along with his friend. Later, when they got home, a couple of other buddies called them up from across the county, and said, in very agitated voices "You should have seen what we just saw!".

Impossible? Obviously not; this was pretty much proof. Even to skeptical me! A better question is: what do they want, and why won't they communicate with us.

Perhaps they are worried about their own health because if, like in the movie Contact (Jodie Foster etc), the fundamentalist Christians might well want to blow them up if they were to tell us an alternate "truth", such as...

{sorta Grey, almond-eyed outer-world "being" standing in front of a quivering but armed farmer and his agitated wife, who is grasping her pastry roller quite hard...} "Oh that old "God" thing. You still believe in that? (he rotates his odd head, and whispers in a strange language: boys, get back in the ship, s l o w l y, and don't turn your backs on these archaic beings! Remember the planet Gorgon and what happened to Fred and Bob?)

{turns back to inquisitive but shotgun-wielding farmer who walked out to the sauce and resumes speaking twangy English, which he learned from watching old Mayberry RFD TV shows}: "We've run inta thet, or a version of it, on a bunch of them other inhabited planets. Usually as time has gone on, they reduce it down, for convenience or crowd control, to a single deity, and eventually it all gets proved to be bunk, and then it's safe for'n us'all, y'all. I personally lost one of my friends when his saucer was mobbed! Can we trust you to be open-minded? Ps: there really ain't NO GOD!"

Then he quickly gets back into the ship and off it goes, not to return for another, say 200 years. A virtual "Blink" in the space-time continuum that they could obviously warp in order to get here in the first place.

Imagine if one of their "safety" criteria is whether or not the religious evangelical TV shows are still being broadcast. Still on? NO GO. Not so much? OK TO GO.

Well, just a scenario, but what if.....?????? I'm just sayin...
...thoughtful...thotful. Quite the imagination!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM

322 posts, read 657,695 times
Ever seen a B1 Bomber in the air from a few miles away? Well it looks just like a flying saucer at that distance. We probally all have seen things suddenly, that look very strange. But there is always an explanation for it that we simply don't see at the time.

I'm very sure that there are no aliens from outer space, flying around getting their kicks letting folks see them, then takeing off like the starship enterprise at warp 10 speeds.

There are frauds out there who get there kicks decieving people into believing in aliens. And there are the Carl Sagan type groupies who see almost everything as a flying saucer. And there are simply some nice, intellegent, honest folks who saw something that they at the moment could not explain and assumed that just maybe it was a ufo from space.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,211,328 times
Joe, I do agree that most often when a person sees a UFO, it can be explained. The term UFO does not mean "flying saucers" with little green men form outer space. It just means that person saw something they(meaning the person) can not explain.

As far as Carl Sagan goes, he never promoted the concept of aliens visiting this world, in fact he gave a number of very good arguments as to the remoteness of this happening. So much for Carl Sagan groupies believing in "flying saucers".

Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM

322 posts, read 657,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Joe, I do agree that most often when a person sees a UFO, it can be explained. The term UFO does not mean "flying saucers" with little green men form outer space. It just means that person saw something they(meaning the person) can not explain.

As far as Carl Sagan goes, he never promoted the concept of aliens visiting this world, in fact he gave a number of very good arguments as to the remoteness of this happening. So much for Carl Sagan groupies believing in "flying saucers".
I'm sorry, I thought Carl Sagan made millions of dollars writting science fiction novels, which included the concept of alien life forms. Was I wrong about that?

Would it have made more sense to have said the trekies, or the Author Clarkies. Or maybe science fiction fanatics would have been better?

Flying saucer or UFO, what's the differance? But thanks for the technical advice. It might come in handy at a trekie convention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or