U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,720,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
So I say, keep up the good work!!! Give 'em hell because it's better to give it to them now than to have them spend an eternity in it.
You need to go on the tent revival circuit. Really, you just rent a tent and travel around and say stuff like that - people eat it up!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,893,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You need to go on the tent revival circuit. Really, you just rent a tent and travel around and say stuff like that - people eat it up!!!
I even saw the movie which starred Steve Martin, "Leap of Faith".

Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 AM

5,006 posts, read 13,857,104 times
I just know that you gather more bees with honey than with vinegar

Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,893,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I just know that you gather more bees with honey than with vinegar
Gotta watch out for all those stingers Mattie.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,730,717 times
Thumbs up no title for such

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
To all,
If direct confrontation is needed to get the job done then just do it. If it is done in selfless love then that is just as perfect of an act as when you hold your tongue for someone else's good.

On the other hand - just having a forceful, confrontational personality (ie: being a jerk) is no help to anyone. It has no virtue in and of itself.

Sanspeur,
Almost all humans are delusional. For example IIRC 90% of people polled feel they are 'better than average' drivers (!). It's just the way the human mind works and most everyone thinks they are doing the right thing no matter how clear it is to everyone else that they are not. Usually we need to fall flat on our faces to be humbled enough to allow some wisdom to seep in through the resulting cracks in our stubborn armour.

Jerky deliberations, held for a long long time:

That meek and mild, but human Jesus saying to Peter:

"You are Peter the rock, and upon this rock I will build my church."

Only a question mark at the end of this sentence would have indicated his justifiable sarcasm and bitterness!

Seen from today's standpoint.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,800 times
I don't think Jesus was rude.

I know, I know...I'm wrong.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,535,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Geez, I don't know about this witnessing thing, but I'll say this. If I hadn't been an atheist before I came on this site, I'd be one now...Improvement is needed in my impartial opinion. I see a hundred different opinions about what Christianity is...I see that everybody thinks their opinion is correct, and much bickering to defend those opinions. I see admitting that one may be wrong is very rare.

First of all, this is a family matter between brothers and sisters in Christ. You have no need to worry - The Creator is working on us daily

I think you will find Christians will admit they are wrong a lot more often than atheists, but I could be wrong

Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,717,680 times
Quote:
Geez, I don't know about this witnessing thing, but I'll say this. If I hadn't been an atheist before I came on this site, I'd be one now...Improvement is needed in my impartial opinion. I see a hundred different opinions about what Christianity is...I see that everybody thinks their opinion is correct, and much bickering to defend those opinions. I see admitting that one may be wrong is very rare.
That's convenient isn't it but that won't help you on the day of judgment, so soften your heart and understand we are a fallen creation, there is no group that agrees on everything whether it be the scientific community or the atheist community.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:38 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,628,957 times
Quote:
Why don't you just study the New Testament and find out for yourself??
You might be amazed with the understanding that you come up with!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,012,239 times
Quote:
Wah, wah, wah....

I'm so sick of hearing "if I wasn't an atheist already you guys would make me one"......puuleeeze. You're an atheist because you choose to be one, not because of anything said on a discussion board.

The only improvement needed is these mamby-pamby people who claim to be Christians need to speak up loud and strong for the Lord and quit sitting on the fence trying to be everyone's friend, tolerating and tiptoeing around people so as not to "offend". What's offensive is the lukewarm church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or