U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,009,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You need to go on the tent revival circuit. Really, you just rent a tent and travel around and say stuff like that - people eat it up!!!
Spoken like a true fence sitter. How many gurus do you worship now?? People eat it up because it's the truth. Nice try, FB but you have to do better than this to "offend" me. If this little tidbit didn't offend me, then you're definitely wasting your time:

Quote:
Fiesty-est Friendly Female Fundie Freakout ever (DOTL)
You said it yourself............I'm FRIENDLY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,534,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

The only improvement needed is these mamby-pamby people who claim to be Christians need to speak up loud and strong for the Lord and quit sitting on the fence trying to be everyone's friend, tolerating and tiptoeing around people so as not to "offend". What's offensive is the lukewarm church.

Do I hear the voice of the Lord speaking through you?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,205,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Wah, wah, wah....

I'm so sick of hearing "if I wasn't an atheist already you guys would make me one"......puuleeeze. You're an atheist because you choose to be one, not because of anything said on a discussion board.

The only improvement needed is these mamby-pamby people who claim to be Christians need to speak up loud and strong for the Lord and quit sitting on the fence trying to be everyone's friend, tolerating and tiptoeing around people so as not to "offend". What's offensive is the lukewarm church.

Actually I agree with sanspeur as posts like yours by you and others have made me question multiple times if I want to be lumped into the same group as you.

Alas I do not want to be in lumped into the same group as you. I prefer on this board not to be labled a "true" Christian as that has negative connotations here (in my view) that puts up barriers between me and other people.

So sanspeur is absolutely correct. Please continue to rejoice in your self-crapulence of a doctrine. Huddle together and pat each other on the back. Enjoy your hubris of "True Christianity" that you so love to blanket yourself in. You make for a cute little brood that expouses exclusion while complaining about others from your self imposed cross.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Actually I agree with sanspeur as posts like yours by you and others have made me question multiple times if I want to be lumped into the same group as you.

Alas I do not want to be in lumped into the same group as you. I prefer on this board not to be labled a "true" Christian as that has negative connotations here (in my view) that puts up barriers between me and other people.

So sanspeur is absolutely correct. Please continue to rejoice in your self-crapulence of a doctrine. Huddle together and pat each other on the back. Enjoy your hubris of "True Christianity" that you so love to blanket yourself in. You make for a cute little brood that expouses exclusion while complaining about others from your self imposed cross.

I'm not to worried about your view. I'm much more concerned about the Lord's view, because we all will stand before Him and be judged. Just something to think about.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM

4,541 posts, read 13,123,016 times
Quote:

Big T,

If Jesus couldn't get through to the Pharisees & Legalists when He was walking on this earth, why should we think that we can?

It's too bad that they can not see their hard hearts.

They simply can not see that they are wrong.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM

2,639 posts, read 6,031,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Jesus would be kicked out of todays Churchs for not meeting the dress code and for being rude.
Not to mention the long hair. Pat Robertson would have a fit.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I'm not to worried about your view.
Good. Although I didn't ask if you were. I do appreciate extra knowledge though. I'll file that in the ole "file 13" part of the brain.

Quote:
I'm much more concerned about the Lord's view, because we all will stand before Him and be judged.
Great. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if a Christian was concerned about the Lord's view. Thanks for clearing that up. Crystal clear now.

Quote:
Just something to think about.
Actually its not. Its just something.. it requires no thinking.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Big T,

If Jesus couldn't get through to the Pharisees & Legalists when He was walking on this earth, why should we think that we can?

It's too bad that they can not see their hard hearts.

They simply can not see that they are wrong.

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and I have need of nothing' - and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked - REVELATION 3:15-17

Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Good. Although I didn't ask if you were. I do appreciate extra knowledge though. I'll file that in the ole "file 13" part of the brain.

Great. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if a Christian was concerned about the Lord's view. Thanks for clearing that up. Crystal clear now.

Actually its not. Its just something.. it requires no thinking.

Good. Remember that when you stand before Jesus. Should be an interesting conversation

Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Good. Remember that when you stand before Jesus. Should be an interesting conversation
Such a bright hubris.. blinding really..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or