U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 11:26 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,270,780 times

Advertisements

Being a Christian also requires us to be good stewards. We are supposed to be good stewards of our time, talent, money, and the gospel. Would you say your stewarship may be better in one area than the other, or are you doing an excellent job in all areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,715,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Being a Christian also requires us to be good stewards. We are supposed to be good stewards of our time, talent, money, and the gospel. Would you say your stewarship may be better in one area than the other, or are you doing an excellent job in all areas?
Excellent topic!

I wish! I need to try harder, in fact my lack of stewardship was brought to my attention yesterday, my reaction proved I was growing in Holiness though, so there was some victory. God is definitely preparing me for something and I thank Him for paying particular attention to me.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,419,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Great thread antredd...thanks for asking! Well, I definately feel there is much room for improvement in all areas......time?...I spend a whole lot of time trying to get to know the Lord's heart better...trying to put it into "practical" terms..which has been very rewarding, and I get a little bit better at it every day...talent?..I've been very blessed with talent...I am an artist, in mediums like: oils; watercolor; pen & ink; charcoal; color pencils...God gave me a voice to sing words of love to him, and He has placed me in a position of leading people into His presence by way of singing Alto on our worship team at church...I am honored to serve Him in this way...again, very, very rewarding...money?......wellll...Let's just say God has provided for me everything I need! I do not lack for anything..as a matter of fact, it is a miracle that I live as well as I do for the money I do not have!...again, very, very rewarding to see God's perfect grace at work in my life...the Gospel?...now here is where my joy comes from...God's Word has led me through some pretty bad times...and I really should be dead right now, or locked-up or hospitalized or something!!...but here again..God's healing power in my life...His faithful love for me has seen me through it all...and here I stand! Healthy...happy...content...grateful...humble..hop eful and full of the perfecting love of God!...getting better all the time!!...Love

Last edited by Verna Perry; 01-15-2009 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Excellent topic!

I wish! I need to try harder, in fact my lack of stewardship was brought to my attention yesterday, my reaction proved I was growing in Holiness though, so there was some victory. God is definitely preparing me for something and I thank Him for paying particular attention to me.
I love growth! Isn't it amazing?

I've felt it pressed on me that I am also being prepared for something...

I love this journey.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,901,398 times
I try to be and always rememeber about doing your deeds and not being acclaimed for it is important.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,757,235 times
Nope.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,270,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Excellent topic!

Amen my brother!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 14 days ago)

2,376 posts, read 4,304,796 times
From the President to the paper boy... one thing we have all been given the same amount to manage in our lives.... time. So I guess we have 3 choices... waste it, spend it, or invest it.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,260,824 times
Stewardship......if we are trusting and seeking Him, He will give us the wisdom, strength, ability to be obedient stewards in all that He provides for our lives.....
It's a desire planted in the heart by Him to do His will in all that one knows to do and honoring Him in our time, talent, money.
I just can not believe how one will be slacking in one area and not in another area of one's life.
The three go hand in hand with one another....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity