U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,713,362 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Its not a secularist mess. Its a fact. There are homosexual people. I hate to break this news to you.

See from a public school standpoint.. teaching kids to respect other people and their differences.. is a good thing. It doesn't mean in anyway that you or the kids have to accept it. It doesn't mean you have to practice it. It doesn't mean your faith has to endorse it.

I'm not trying to make you look like a bad guy. I can't make you look bad. I'm trying to explain to you that teaching kids to wear condoms in no way infringes upon your rights as a citizen of the United States to practice whatever faith you want or to hold whatever opinion you want. Teaching kids to respect differences in people in no way infringes upon your rights as a citizen of the United States to practice whatever faith you want or to hold whatever opinion you want.

I have put no words in your mouth. None. Whether or not gay lifestyle is a sin or not... has no bearing on this at all because thats your faith that tells you that. We are talking about public schools teaching respect and safe sex.

As a christian.. I don't know better with regards to homosexuality. However, thats not the point as for each scripture you can point to.. I can point to a different one. Again.. not the point.

The fact is on a pure human level you should respect them. That doesn't ask you to agree with them.. it doesn't ask you to practice what they do.. its just respect them as humans. You can think it is wrong all you want. Nobody is debating that.

I would think you of all people would understand from a pure humanistic level what I'm talking about.
Dude I am a Christian! as a Christian I would not want any school teaching my children, homosexuality, beastiality, incest, stealing, fornication, lying etc.... should be accepted. As Christians we teach our children to love everybody and respect everybody, to treat them with decency and respect, homosexuals are no different, that should be enough.

That is not enough for the gay agenda, they just don't want them as a person accepted but they also want their lifestyle accepted, and with a resounding NO! that lifestyle will not be tolerated for many reasons, first and foremost, it is a sin. The bible is clear and I follow strict adherence to God's word, I am not a cafeteria Christian, where I pick and choose what is good for me today.

This is a Christian forum where homosexuality is a sin, no more no less. We love the sinner but hate the sin. Some people like to say that the bible does not say it is, that is hogwash and anyone who says different had to do some serious scripture twisting and stretching to prove otherwise.

This is about gays wanting people accept their lifestyle as normal and to want the church to go against God's word and not to say, it's a sin; if we don't accept their lifestyle then we hate gay people and think they are not human beings......of all the liberal garbage.

 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,204,530 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Dude I am a Christian!
Dude.. guess what Uncle Same couldn't give a flying crap what you are and be thankful for that. Having your faith dictate what is taught in school is a pandoras box that I'm not quite sure you have fully explored.

In case you can't read into what I'm saying I'll put it in simple terms:

Lets say muslims become the majority in this country.
Lets say they want all children in public schools to pray 7 times a day

Can you see how allowing religious doctrine to dictate public school curriculum is a bad thing? If you say no.. I know you are lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
as a Christian I would not want any school teaching my children, homosexuality, beastiality, incest, stealing, fornication, lying etc....
1. Beastiality is against the law
2. Incest is against the law
3. Stealing is against the law
4. Fornication - THEN THAT IS YOUR REASON FOR NOT WANTING IT. JUST SAY YOU DON'T WANT SEX ED IN SCHOOL.
5. Lying - under oath is against the law
6. Homosexuality.. is not against the law

So your pathetic examples just don't work.. at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
As Christians we teach our children to love everybody and respect everybody, to treat them with decency and respect, homosexuals are no different, that should be enough.
Good then you should have no problem with curriculum because as I've outlined the central point is to respect everybody. Glad we could agree. I accept your apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is not enough for the gay agenda, they just don't want them as a person accepted but they also want their lifestyle accepted, and with a resounding NO!
Actually you are wrong.. its not a lifestyle.. so to say they want "lifestyle" accepted is just wrong from the get go. Its about PEOPLE.. a person.. a human being. Denverian didn't choose to be homosexual. Who in their right mind would choose that given the crap he has to take? Who?! Nobody. He can't choose to not be a homosexual.

The only thing he can choose not to do (which is like asking a person to not breath) is to not act on it.

So again.. in essence the curriculum is not about respecting a lifestyle (because it ain't a lifestyle). Its about acceptance of people. Again.. I would have thought you of all people would understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The bible is clear and I follow strict adherence to God's word, I am not a cafeteria Christian, where I pick and choose what is good for me today.
Good for you. The topic isn't whether or not you are a good Christian but self gratifying comments are always welcome here.

1 gold star for you coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is a Christian forum where homosexuality is a sin, no more no less.
I'll rephrase for you:

"This is a Christian forum where most think homosecxuality is a sin, no more no less". There that sounds better..

know why?.. because thats the truth. Fundy you don't get to dictate opinions here.. nobody does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We love the sinner but hate the sin.
Is that why in your example above right after homosexuality you listed beastiality. Is that how you love the sinner. This is just a guess... but I think gays would just as soon not have your love. How sad is that? They don't want the love you have to give. Thats some serious stuff right there. They.. Don't.. Want.. Your.. Love. Think about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Some people like to say that the bible does not say it is, that is hogwash and anyone who says different had to do some serious scripture twisting and stretching to prove otherwise.
Start a thread on it. We can discuss it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is about gays wanting people accept their lifestyle as normal and to want the church to go against God's word and not to say, it's a sin;.
How does sex education in school have ANYTHING to do with homosexuals wanting church to go against God's word. What in the hell are you talking about? You literally.. and I mean this as nicely as possible make no sense.

Seriously man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
if we don't accept their lifestyle then we hate gay people and think they are not human beings......of all the liberal garbage.
No.. if you don't accept their lifestyle then you don't understand what homosexuality is (since it isn't a lifestyle). It has nothing to do with hate. Unacceptance does NOT = hate. Its how you voice that unacceptance that leads people to think you hate.

Its not all liberal garbage. Stop watching Feaux News.. it retards people.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,271,626 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Dude.. guess what Uncle Same couldn't give a flying crap what you are and be thankful for that. Having your faith dictate what is taught in school is a pandoras box that I'm not quite sure you have fully explored.

In case you can't read into what I'm saying I'll put it in simple terms:

Lets say muslims become the majority in this country.
Lets say they want all children in public schools to pray 7 times a day

Can you see how allowing religious doctrine to dictate public school curriculum is a bad thing? If you say no.. I know you are lying.



1. Beastiality is against the law
2. Incest is against the law
3. Stealing is against the law
4. Fornication - THEN THAT IS YOUR REASON FOR NOT WANTING IT. JUST SAY YOU DON'T WANT SEX ED IN SCHOOL.
5. Lying - under oath is against the law
6. Homosexuality.. is not against the law

So your pathetic examples just don't work.. at all.



Good then you should have no problem with curriculum because as I've outlined the central point is to respect everybody. Glad we could agree. I accept your apology.



Actually you are wrong.. its not a lifestyle.. so to say they want "lifestyle" accepted is just wrong from the get go. Its about PEOPLE.. a person.. a human being. Denverian didn't choose to be homosexual. Who in their right mind would choose that given the crap he has to take? Who?! Nobody. He can't choose to not be a homosexual.

The only thing he can choose not to do (which is like asking a person to not breath) is to not act on it.

So again.. in essence the curriculum is not about respecting a lifestyle (because it ain't a lifestyle). Its about acceptance of people. Again.. I would have thought you of all people would understand that.



Good for you. The topic isn't whether or not you are a good Christian but self gratifying comments are always welcome here.

1 gold star for you coming up.



I'll rephrase for you:

"This is a Christian forum where most think homosecxuality is a sin, no more no less". There that sounds better..

know why?.. because thats the truth. Fundy you don't get to dictate opinions here.. nobody does.



Is that why in your example above right after homosexuality you listed beastiality. Is that how you love the sinner. This is just a guess... but I think gays would just as soon not have your love. How sad is that? They don't want the love you have to give. Thats some serious stuff right there. They.. Don't.. Want.. Your.. Love. Think about that!



Start a thread on it. We can discuss it there.



How does sex education in school have ANYTHING to do with homosexuals wanting church to go against God's word. What in the hell are you talking about? You literally.. and I mean this as nicely as possible make no sense.

Seriously man..



No.. if you don't accept their lifestyle then you don't understand what homosexuality is (since it isn't a lifestyle). It has nothing to do with hate. Unacceptance does NOT = hate. Its how you voice that unacceptance that leads people to think you hate.

Its not all liberal garbage. Stop watching Feaux News.. it retards people.
Great post - Thanks! My lifestyle involves working 40 hours per week, bathing, changing, and nurturing our twin babies, house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping... just a wacky gay lifestyle

BTW Fundie, not all gay people are liberal. Most, but not all.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,570 posts, read 21,710,437 times
Reputation: 18105
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Great post - Thanks! My lifestyle involves working 40 hours per week, bathing, changing, and nurturing our twin babies, house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping... just a wacky gay lifestyle
Whew, do you ever get a chance to sit down? Hah, just wait until the terrible two's..God bless you and your family....
 
Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,713,362 times
Reputation: 748
So sad. Christians who approve of a gay lifestyle of sin.....and not one theological leg to stand on. No scripture, nothing......absolutely sad, that Christians would put God's word aside and ere on the side of human nature and personal belief. We will never learn.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-16-2009 at 01:03 PM..
 
Old 01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,271,626 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Whew, do you ever get a chance to sit down? Hah, just wait until the terrible two's..God bless you and your family....
Thanks! No, not much sitting down with 8 mo. old twins. Maybe for 45 min. after they go to bed! But it's all worth it when they hug us, smile and giggle. Terrible Twos - times 2! I better stock up on "Just For Men" hair dye!
 
Old 01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,026,725 times
Reputation: 627
Ok I have gotten sick and tired of the BS.

The Bible plainly states that homosexuality is a sin and that has never changed. If anyone here has anything the contradicts this in the Bible, please share. Rejecting the Bible because it does not agree with you is just wrong. There are plenty of things in the Bible my human nature would love for me to ignore but I cannot as I am a born again son of God and choose His ways over my own.

We are accused of being intolerant because we believe the Bible and stand firm in our beliefs. But wouldnt it also make the opposition intolerant because they deny the Bible and stand firm in their wants?

We are called bigots because we do not want immorality to be acceptable conduct. Would you want incest, rape, adultry, and fornication to become acceptable conduct? If so then you are bigoted against morality.

You call what we have to say hatred while we consider it the ultimate love to warn someone and try to help them come out from sin.

The Bottom line is the world is fulfilling prophecy in that men(mankind) has become lovers of self rather than sound doctrine.

Oh and by the way, homosexuality was against the law until a few years ago.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,287,895 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That' a facade, basically the "pro gay" movement is to shove their ideology down everybody's throat regardless if the opposing opinions have good reasons to reject it, which IS intolerance by the way. If our views differ from their own then we are the intolerant ones, not the other way around. Everybody can have their opinion except us.

Yes you are right, it teaches tolerance and respect.

Hmmm...and it seems to me that this is exactly what Fundamentalist Christians do to non-Christians regarding their religion/belief.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,713,362 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Hmmm...and it seems to me that this is exactly what Fundamentalist Christians do to non-Christians regarding their religion/belief.
Your point?, there are excellent fundamentalist as well as bad ones as there are bad gay people as well as excellent gay ones. You want to be prejudice and generalize all fundamentalist. This is a Christian debate, secularist will not understand
 
Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,713,362 times
Reputation: 748
People I beg of you, please repent. You don't understand you are objecting God's word for the sake of compromise. You are telling God He is wrong, if you don't agree then show scripture. You are walking in dangerous territory. You are agreeing with yourselves because it sounds right. You are showing a serious lack of discernment as Christians. I mean that with love because I care for your walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top