U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:47 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,715,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, and he also has Rick Warren participating. Sounds like he's just making sure he reaches out to all types of Americans rather than being like Bush. But then I seriously doubt the far right fundies in this country ever want to compromise on anything.
Yes we don't compromise the gospel. If you are a Christian I pray sincerely that you understand that as well.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,165,991 times
Yes, Fundy we can't compromise the gospel or the truth.

Denevarian, why should I compromise to false teachings and their proponents when Jesus said:

John 10:26-28
"you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

Why does it surprise you that anybody who holds the Bible as absolute truth, would not be willing to compromise eternal life just because you reject the Bible as absolute. Your calls for compromise (for me) is not compromise but a call for me to rejection the concept of absolutes... to which I'm unwilling.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,277,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes we don't compromise the gospel. If you are a Christian I pray sincerely that you understand that as well.
An unwillingness to compromise is what leads to holy wars. Not a good thing, and not something I'd be proud of.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes, Fundy we can't compromise the gospel or the truth.

Denevarian, why should I compromise to false teachings and their proponents when Jesus said:

John 10:26-28
"you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

Why does it surprise you that anybody who holds the Bible as absolute truth, would not be willing to compromise eternal life just because you reject the Bible as absolute. Your calls for compromise (for me) is not compromise but a call for me to rejection the concept of absolutes... to which I'm unwilling.
I don't care what you think will give you eternal life. That's none of my business, but condmning a gay bishop and gay people in general while hiding behind the Bible is disturbing. When the fundies run around stating that gay people are the worst of sinners, should be stripped of legal rights, are abominations, etc., you add to the climate of homophobia in this country that all us gay people are forced to deal with.

Not everyone agrees with your particular brand of Christianity. Not everyone agrees with mine. But I'm not out there trying to shut down evangelical/fundamentalist churches or trying to limit rights for those who belong to them. I just don't think fundamentalist are generally capable of taking a "live and let live" attitude. The believe they're 100% right, and until ever person on the planet believes exactly as they do, they won't be happy.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
The great thing about this country is EVERYBODY has the right to be who they choose to be, to believe in what they choose to believe in. I find allot of remarks in these post as bigoted and hateful, I'm sure that The Christ would really be proud of you. It attitudes like this that gave us the Spanish Inquisition, the Medieval Inquisition and so on. I really does not matter if this minister is gay, black, white, catholic or what ever. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find something about any person that offends you. Take the log out of your eye, before you try to remove the splinter out of anothers. We should be looking the traits that create unity in our fellow man instead of division, because, where you focus your thoughts so goes your power.

EVERYBODY has a right to choose. GOD IS THE JUDGE, that simple. So choose carefully is my advice.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
Quote:
I don't care what you think will give you eternal life. That's none of my business, but condmning a gay bishop and gay people in general while hiding behind the Bible is disturbing. When the fundies run around stating that gay people are the worst of sinners, should be stripped of legal rights, are abominations, etc., you add to the climate of homophobia in this country that all us gay people are forced to deal with.

Not everyone agrees with your particular brand of Christianity. Not everyone agrees with mine. But I'm not out there trying to shut down evangelical/fundamentalist churches or trying to limit rights for those who belong to them. I just don't think fundamentalist are generally capable of taking a "live and let live" attitude. The believe they're 100% right, and until ever person on the planet believes exactly as they do, they won't be happy.

And denverian: There will be a time on the planet when everyone will be in agreement, that's what Jesus is coming back to do, establish His kingdom on earth. Until then, you have a right to choose. The choices being: life or death. Plenty of roads leading to death. One way and YES, one way ONLY, to life eternal; and that being Jesus Christ the Son of God. Choose carefully.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-15-2009 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,027,622 times
openly accepting homosexuality as an alternative moral lifestyle is a sign of our nations moral decline. You do have a choice and if you choose wrong then it was your choice to suffer in the end.

I believe our nation is in dire shape condoning a lifestyle God has condemned. I can understand loving these people and praying for them as well is what we are called to do, but not even Christ would condone sin. Look at the woman caught in adultry, Christ did not judge her, but He knew her heart and knew she was repentant, so He told he to go and sin no more.

"Go and sin no more" is a favorite of Christ, sin is a big problem while the people are still salvagable.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
openly accepting homosexuality as an alternative moral lifestyle is a sign of our nations moral decline. You do have a choice and if you choose wrong then it was your choice to suffer in the end.

I believe our nation is in dire shape condoning a lifestyle God has condemned. I can understand loving these people and praying for them as well is what we are called to do, but not even Christ would condone sin. Look at the woman caught in adultry, Christ did not judge her, but He knew her heart and knew she was repentant, so He told he to go and sin no more.

"Go and sin no more" is a favorite of Christ, sin is a big problem while the people are still salvagable.
If feel very sorry for people who live in ignorance.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,027,622 times
Quote:
Then you should be one of those leading the way to let everyone know the truth of Christ.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,715,191 times
Quote:
We pray for you as well but that's ok we were once blind too, so we understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or