U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,274,499 times
Reputation: 10428

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Maryland School Board Approves Pro-Gay Sex Education Curriculum--Rejects Ex-Gay Viewpoint

Now every school board has Obamanations example to use in it's debate and argument arsenal... how nice. The President of the USA giving a mockery of a Bishop the stage to promote a deviant lifechoice.

godspeed,

freedom
Don't worry - he's also give the stage to Christian Extremist Rick Warren, someone who promotes the hatred you support.

 
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,274,499 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
How much of a catastrphe is this administration going to be??????
You should have asked that question 8 years ago.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Don't worry - he's also give the stage to Christian Extremist Rick Warren, someone who promotes the hatred you support.
You act as if all of the people here respect Rick Warren as a Pastor. so let me give you a resounding NO! I don't. As far as I am concerned, it's the blind leading the blind theological wise on Inauguration day.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,662,407 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Don't worry - he's also give the stage to Christian Extremist Rick Warren, someone who promotes the hatred you support.
I don't hate, i think i have told you this about a dozen times in past discussions.
Hate leads to anger and violence, i don't support either.
Love is the key to all our woes. Speaking the truth is an expression of love.

The thing about Obamanator's is they thrive on confusion and obsfucation.

"It's ALL good" is the mantra of the luke warm, and unbelieving.

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,205,076 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Maryland School Board Approves Pro-Gay Sex Education Curriculum--Rejects Ex-Gay Viewpoint

Now every school board has Obamanations example to use in it's debate and argument arsenal... how nice. The President of the USA giving a mockery of a Bishop the stage to promote a deviant lifechoice.

godspeed,

freedom
1. I find it hilarious that you think this has anything to do with Obama considering this started back in 2004. I thought Obama was just wet behind the ears then. No experience etc. So since it started in 2004 wouldn't that make it Dubyas aresenal?

2. The curriculum says nothing about men & anal sex. In fact the word "anal" is mentioned in this context in the curriculum:

"Condoms reduce, but do not eliminate the risk of STI/STD whenever there is oral, anal, or vaginal contact. (CDC, 2006; FDA, 2005)"

"Sexual abstinence—the avoidance of voluntary intimate sexual
contact—oral, anal, genital, or intimate skin-to-skin. (U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services)"

"Anal sex is a sexual activity that many believe they can engage in without causing
pregnancy. However, this is one of the easiest ways of spreading STDs."

If you don't believe me.. read for yourself. I likey to providey the sourcey for the factsey..

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/b...aper1-9-07.pdf

Basically the "pro gay" curriculum means that they teach tolerance and respect. What a horrible thing.. to teach children tolerance and respect of different people. What has this world come to.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
1. I find it hilarious that you think this has anything to do with Obama considering this started back in 2004. I thought Obama was just wet behind the ears then. No experience etc. So since it started in 2004 wouldn't that make it Dubyas aresenal?

2. The curriculum says nothing about men & anal sex. In fact the word "anal" is mentioned in this context in the curriculum:

"Condoms reduce, but do not eliminate the risk of STI/STD whenever there is oral, anal, or vaginal contact. (CDC, 2006; FDA, 2005)"

"Sexual abstinence—the avoidance of voluntary intimate sexual
contact—oral, anal, genital, or intimate skin-to-skin. (U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services)"

"Anal sex is a sexual activity that many believe they can engage in without causing
pregnancy. However, this is one of the easiest ways of spreading STDs."

If you don't believe me.. read for yourself. I likey to providey the sourcey for the factsey..

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/b...aper1-9-07.pdf

Basically the "pro gay" curriculum means that they teach tolerance and respect. What a horrible thing.. to teach children tolerance and respect of different people. What has this world come to.
That' a facade, basically the "pro gay" movement is to shove their ideology down everybody's throat regardless if the opposing opinions have good reasons to reject it, which IS intolerance by the way. If our views differ from their own then we are the intolerant ones, not the other way around. Everybody can have their opinion except us.

Yes you are right, it teaches tolerance and respect.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,274,499 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I don't hate, i think i have told you this about a dozen times in past discussions.
Hate leads to anger and violence, i don't support either.
Love is the key to all our woes. Speaking the truth is an expression of love.

The thing about Obamanator's is they thrive on confusion and obsfucation.

"It's ALL good" is the mantra of the luke warm, and unbelieving.

godspeed,

freedom
Yes, but the religious right attitude preached that homosexuality is an abomination, can be changed, and the lies spread about gay people by such organizations as Focus on the Family add to a hateful environment so people who do support hate and violence against gay people feel they have god and religion on their side.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,274,499 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That' a facade, basically the "pro gay" movement is to shove their ideology down everybody's throat regardless if the opposing opinions have good reasons to reject it, which IS intolerance by the way. If our views differ from their own then we are the intolerant ones, not the other way around. Everybody can have their opinion except us.

Yes you are right, it teaches tolerance and respect.
So you don't tolerate or respect gay people, but you claim you don't hate them either. I don't think you can have it both ways.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So you don't tolerate or respect gay people, but you claim you don't hate them either. I don't think you can have it both ways.
Just like I love the sinner not the sin. You are doing the classic liberal move of changing meaning of words. There is no both ways, just like a parent loves their child but hates their bad deed. Liiberalism will never trump the bible because it tries to twist the truth and the truth will always come out.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,205,076 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That' a facade, basically the "pro gay" movement is to shove their ideology down everybody's throat regardless if the opposing opinions have good reasons which IS intolerance by the way.
Whats a "facade". I posted the curriculum Fundy. Its 9MB fundy. I posted it at 11:18 fundy. You responded 13 minutes later fundy which tells me you didn't read the 132 pages in the document I posted. Again, thats fine but don't call something a "facade" if you don't even take the time to read about the very thing you are calling a "facade".. because.. in the end... that makes you calling it a "facade".. a "facade".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If our views differ from their own then we are the intolerant ones, not the other way around.
What view is yours? Is it your view that homosexuals don't exist because honestly thats a stupid view.

Please shower us with your view (I say shower in the perverbial sense.. wouldn't want you to think gay thoughts or anything).

This has nothing to do with promoting homosexual or heterosexual sex. If it did then surely you'd be pissed that they are teaching heterosexual sex lessons in school... but you haven't.

They are promoting tolerance and respect of other people. How you do that based on your faith is NOT for the school to decide.

The fact is teenagers have sex. I know I know.. big suprise.

So the point of the curriculum is not only to teach about differences in people.. but also.. if you are gonna have sex.. be that anal, vaginal, nasal, ocular, toe, armpit, hot applie pie, hole in the fence etc.. then WEAR A CONDOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Everybody can have their opinion except us. Everybody can have their opinion except us.
You are free to your opinion. It just so happens your opinion doesn't make sense with regards to teaching sex education in school. You're of the opinion they shouldn't have sex. Great.. studies have shown that "Just say no" don't work. So in the absence of complete and utter failure the school system has taken it upon themselves to say.. "if you stick it.. or allow yourself to be stuck with it.. make sure its wrapped".

This is not rocket science..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes you are right, it teaches teach tolerance and respect.
Yes yes it does. Fancy that.. teaching kids to respect differences in people. what a novel effing idea....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top