U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,734,325 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Whats a "facade". I posted the curriculum Fundy. Its 9MB fundy. I posted it at 11:18 fundy. You responded 13 minutes later fundy which tells me you didn't read the 132 pages in the document I posted. Again, thats fine but don't call something a "facade" if you don't even take the time to read about the very thing you are calling a "facade".. because.. in the end... that makes you calling it a "facade".. a "facade".



What view is yours? Is it your view that homosexuals don't exist because honestly thats a stupid view.

Please shower us with your view (I say shower in the perverbial sense.. wouldn't want you to think gay thoughts or anything).

This has nothing to do with promoting homosexual or heterosexual sex. If it did then surely you'd be pissed that they are teaching heterosexual sex lessons in school... but you haven't.

They are promoting tolerance and respect of other people. How you do that based on your faith is NOT for the school to decide.

The fact is teenagers have sex. I know I know.. big suprise.

So the point of the curriculum is not only to teach about differences in people.. but also.. if you are gonna have sex.. be that anal, vaginal, nasal, ocular, toe, armpit, hot applie pie, hole in the fence etc.. then WEAR A CONDOM.



You are free to your opinion. It just so happens your opinion doesn't make sense with regards to teaching sex education in school. You're of the opinion they shouldn't have sex. Great.. studies have shown that "Just say no" don't work. So in the absence of complete and utter failure the school system has taken it upon themselves to say.. "if you stick it.. or allow yourself to be stuck with it.. make sure its wrapped".

This is not rocket science..



Yes yes it does. Fancy that.. teaching kids to respect differences in people. what a novel effing idea....
I am not going to be dragged into your secularist mess. You could give me all the liberal "meheukey" all you want and try to make me look like the bad guy by putting words in my mouth but Gay lifestyle should never be accepted, it is sin clear and simple and the bible says so. As a Christian you should know better.

I stand by what I said, about the gay agenda.

 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,333,059 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not going to be dragged into your secularist mess. You could give me all the liberal "meheukey" all you want and try to make me look like the bad guy by putting words in my mouth but Gay lifestyle should never be accepted, it is sin clear and simple and the bible says so. As a Christian you should know better.

I stand by what I said, about the gay agenda.
So now truth = "secularist mess" and "meheukey".

Maybe you fundies should start demonizing and taking away the rights of everyone else you consider to be sinners rather than picking on gay people.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Sheffield, England
2,639 posts, read 6,038,168 times
Reputation: 3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Yes it is. Gene Robinson is a vocal gay rights leader, and he will open President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration with a prayer on Sunday's kick-off event at the Lincoln Memorial. What do you think about an openly gay bishop praying at the inauguration?
Obviously this is the bisexual agnostic view but I think it's really refreshing.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,678,513 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yes, but the religious right attitude preached that homosexuality is an abomination, can be changed, and the lies spread about gay people by such organizations as Focus on the Family add to a hateful environment so people who do support hate and violence against gay people feel they have god and religion on their side.
THen go talk to them, and quit branding people that don't hate.

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,678,513 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So now truth = "secularist mess" and "meheukey".

Maybe you fundies should start demonizing and taking away the rights of everyone else you consider to be sinners rather than picking on gay people.
How many other groups "sinners" go about trying to say that their sin isn't sin?
It's not that there is sin, it's the denial of it, and then pushing it as not being sin that gets the publics attention.

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,215,606 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not going to be dragged into your secularist mess. You could give me all the liberal "meheukey" all you want and try to make me look like the bad guy by putting words in my mouth but Gay lifestyle should never be accepted, it is sin clear and simple and the bible says so. As a Christian you should know better.

I stand by what I said, about the gay agenda.
Its not a secularist mess. Its a fact. There are homosexual people. I hate to break this news to you.

See from a public school standpoint.. teaching kids to respect other people and their differences.. is a good thing. It doesn't mean in anyway that you or the kids have to accept it. It doesn't mean you have to practice it. It doesn't mean your faith has to endorse it.

I'm not trying to make you look like a bad guy. I can't make you look bad. I'm trying to explain to you that teaching kids to wear condoms in no way infringes upon your rights as a citizen of the United States to practice whatever faith you want or to hold whatever opinion you want. Teaching kids to respect differences in people in no way infringes upon your rights as a citizen of the United States to practice whatever faith you want or to hold whatever opinion you want.

I have put no words in your mouth. None. Whether or not gay lifestyle is a sin or not... has no bearing on this at all because thats your faith that tells you that. We are talking about public schools teaching respect and safe sex.

As a christian.. I don't know better with regards to homosexuality. However, thats not the point as for each scripture you can point to.. I can point to a different one. Again.. not the point.

The fact is on a pure human level you should respect them. That doesn't ask you to agree with them.. it doesn't ask you to practice what they do.. its just respect them as humans. You can think it is wrong all you want. Nobody is debating that.

I would think you of all people would understand from a pure humanistic level what I'm talking about.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,333,059 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
THen go talk to them, and quit branding people that don't hate.

godspeed,

freedom
I'm sure not feeling the love here.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,333,059 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
How many other groups "sinners" go about trying to say that their sin isn't sin?
It's not that there is sin, it's the denial of it, and then pushing it as not being sin that gets the publics attention.

godspeed,

freedom
First of all, "sin" should have nothing to do with public policy or laws, because, here's a newsflash for you - not everyone even within Christianity agrees on all sins. Not all churches believe being gay is is sin. Some believe drinking alcohol or dancing are sins, others don't. And if you're not Christian, you might not believe in sin period. Your argument only works if you're having this discussion with religiously like-minded people.
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,678,513 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm sure not feeling the love here.
Well it's always here, i hope you start feeling it.


godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,678,513 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
First of all, "sin" should have nothing to do with public policy or laws, because, here's a newsflash for you - not everyone even within Christianity agrees on all sins. Not all churches believe being gay is is sin. Some believe drinking alcohol or dancing are sins, others don't. And if you're not Christian, you might not believe in sin period. Your argument only works if you're having this discussion with religiously like-minded people.
So Morality has no place in the public square? Nice.

Maybe that's the problem with our public school system and congress.

godspeed,

freedom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top