U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 AM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,897,623 times
Reputation: 771

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I really like Simon and Garfunkel and I bet June does too. Here's another one of my favorites from them. For June and everyone else.


YouTube - Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel (1968)

I also like this one too...


YouTube - Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence Lyrics
Well at least we're still on the "gentleness subject" , here' a guy Mr Mark Easley, that you'd have to admit is a sort of "soft warm fuzzball" in a gentle sort of way. He's actually very good at teaching and explaining how Paul Simon uses all five fingers on those guitar cords in the "Scarborough fair" song.


YouTube - Guitar Lesson Scarborough Fair Simon & Garfunkel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,636,497 times
Reputation: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
When they wanted to call down fire on those who opposed them ("like Elijah") Jesus is recorded as saying to them "You don't know what spirit you are of"
And yet they were still among the favored Apostles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,577 posts, read 21,740,713 times
Reputation: 18152
Thank you June for your post..What you said says exactly what I try to get through in some of my posts..I've got a story about a gentle farmer that I want to post, bwhen the time is right...
I am lovin all the gentle music.
Thank you Effie who somehow always sends me the most beautiful gentle music at the right time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,577 posts, read 21,740,713 times
Reputation: 18152
Ladies and gentlemen...This next request goes out to our own dear, gentle Marian...
YouTube - Jim Reeves: Dear Hearts & Gentle People
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,636,497 times
Reputation: 3760
Dear June, surely you realize that among all the differing views, there just may be at least one who is closest to the truth. The only way anyone can know for sure, is by searching the scriptures to see if these things are so.....
The reason there is so much dissent is because most are totally convinced that 'they' are right, and they consider it of extreme importance. Being 'right' is extremely important ! But the only 'right' is found in the written word...it is not found in any individual...without the word., and the word is to be 'rightly divided'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
 
7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post

Dear June, surely you realize that among all the differing views, there just may be at least one who is closest to the truth. The only way anyone can know for sure, is by searching the scriptures to see if these things are so.....
The reason there is so much dissent is because most are totally convinced that 'they' are right, and they consider it of extreme importance. Being 'right' is extremely important ! But the only 'right' is found in the written word...it is not found in any individual...without the word., and the word is to be 'rightly divided'.


June is not exactly sure she understands what you are alluding to when you say: "...among all the differing views, there just may be at least one who is closest to the truth." -Are you refering to a person, or to religions/God? Because June's answer/response would differ depending on what it is you are asking her...

Here's a thought that just struck June, though. While she certainly does realize that the dissent springs from the fact that everyone is convinced that they are "right" and that they naturally consider what they believe to be extremely important, if that results in alienating those whom you truly wish to impact, then how is that productive? --Because at the end of the day, June is fully aware of the fact that she is the one who gets blamed for not "hearing;" for still being an atheist. If June ever wanted to try and abandon her atheism, how would she possibly know which one of you are "right?"

--Besides, from what little June knows about the topic of "faith," (the very little June knows...) she can't help but wonder as to this: How can there be faith in all that "certainty" by those who are so convinced that they are "right?" June's not so sure that she would even think of venturing out in order to really learn about faith from those who are so certain, as that right there, would prevent them from ever beginning to understand how any unbeliever could possibly even begin to imagine trying...(See June's point?)

June is not an extreme person. Oh, and for what little it may be worth, June absolutely does believe that what you are saying, above, is found in an individual or individuals. --At least it can be, she supposes.

And if not, then she just doesn't understand what everyone's doing here in the first place...

You are a dear soul, Marian.


Take gentle care of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
 
4,512 posts, read 6,738,366 times
Reputation: 813
Cool gentle, comme une ange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he has 3 archangeles
michael
gabriel
rafael
most only know gabriel
gabriel is important he is the one you are talking about but god has 2 others my favorites.
have a good day gentle friend


http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=hafrCJ...eature=related



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
 
4,541 posts, read 13,142,300 times
Reputation: 2286
Default none of us have everything right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June is not exactly sure she understands what you are alluding to when you say: "...among all the differing views, there just may be at least one who is closest to the truth." -Are you refering to a person, or to religions/God? Because June's answer/response would differ depending on what it is you are asking her...

Here's a thought that just struck June, though. While she certainly does realize that the dissent springs from the fact that everyone is convinced that they are "right" and that they naturally consider what they believe to be extremely important, if that results in alienating those whom you truly wish to impact, then how is that productive? --Because at the end of the day, June is fully aware of the fact that she is the one who gets blamed for not "hearing;" for still being an atheist. If June ever wanted to try and abandon her atheism, how would she possibly know which one of you are "right?"

--Besides, from what little June knows about the topic of "faith," (the very little June knows...) she can't help but wonder as to this: How can there be faith in all that "certainty" by those who are so convinced that they are "right?" June's not so sure that she would even think of venturing out in order to really learn about faith from those who are so certain, as that right there, would prevent them from ever beginning to understand how any unbeliever could possibly even begin to imagine trying...(See June's point?)

June is not an extreme person. Oh, and for what little it may be worth, June absolutely does believe that what you are saying, above, is found in an individual or individuals. --At least it can be, she supposes.

And if not, then she just doesn't understand what everyone's doing here in the first place...

You are a dear soul, Marian.

Take gentle care of it.

... Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13

Knowledge puffs up but charity edifieth....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,636,497 times
Reputation: 3760
"June is not exactly sure she understands what you are alluding to when you say: "...among all the differing views, there just may be at least one who is closest to the truth." -Are you refering to a person, or to religions/God? Because June's answer/response would differ depending on what it is you are asking her.."

In this case, I am alluding to individuals, but espacially to what the word says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
 
7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Reputation: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Knowledge puffs up but charity edifieth....

Trust me on this one: June knows she knows essentially nothing. And doesn't claim to. So if she has come across as "puffed up," then please know she's not, and apologizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top