Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

Can you honestly remember how, before Christ, we ran from God? We are all sinner's by nature. Salvation is a work of God "within" us; it is not simply like some people say: A deal God makes with us and we of our own accord readily accept.

It's an inside job on which we are dependent on God to do an internal heart-changing work. Yes,, daily we fall.......but, it's in our "getting" up, that we cry out to Him. Prayer and repentance and obedience! Pray for one another, for the lost, the sick and countless others. Repent daily! None is perfect, No Not One!! Be obedient to His Words. Make up your mind's to whom your allegiance lies.

Ephesians 2:3
recalls how that: "We all once conducted ourselves in the lust of the flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others."

Who are you today in Christ Jesus? Are you an "other" or are you "another"? Another new creation in Christ Jesus? Or, you're "there", and don't need anything else, you've "got it?"

We ought to pray for one another, brethrens. We should pray that God calls and pulls, and tug, attracting others to Christ Jesus.

Are you there yet?

Your friend in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:13 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
I am with you all the way!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Yes sirree.... all the way, total agreement with you....Betsey!

I am a new creation in Christ Jesus......full blown addicted, co-dependent to Him .....

I can say with all my heart, soul, and mind........
I have been crcified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Gal.2:20)

Blessings to you....

Old 01-15-2009, 06:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
many have written their own mental version of the bible omitting judgement day --claiming jesus deleted judgement day. yes maurice there is a judgement day.
judgement day is not about tough love ---its about tough ..................

Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Mankind will be humbled.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
"Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven"

Why do you think so?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
"everybody wants to go to heaven"

why do you think so?
Yes, everybody wants to go to heaven? Or yes, nobody wants to pray/obey?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:08 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
"Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven"

Why do you think so?
Here's a short story trying to give some insight.

A violent storm came upon the ship.... and the captain was advised by the crew... the ship couldn't be saved,and would surely sink, so the captain ordered the crew to prepare the life boats. As the crew lowered them to ready position it was noted that many of them were not sea worthy, so the captain assessed the situation and told the passengers and crew that the ship would sink without question but there would be only a "one in ten" chance at surviving in the life boats, so the captain gave everyone a choice, stay on the ship or get on the life boats .... everyone got on the life boats.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Here's a short story trying to give some insight.

A violent storm came upon the ship.... and the captain was advised by the crew... the ship couldn't be saved,and would surely sink, so the captain ordered the crew to prepare the life boats. As the crew lowered them to ready position it was noted that many of them were not sea worthy, so the captain assessed the situation and told the passengers and crew that the ship would sink without question but there would be only a "one in ten" chance at surviving in the life boats, so the captain gave everyone a choice, stay on the ship or get on the life boats .... everyone got on the life boats.
This reminds me of the Titanic. Many of the passengers believed the lie that not even God could sink her. Even when faced with imminent peril, they still believed the lie and refused to board the lifeboats. Once it was abundantly clear that the ship would indeed sink, there weren't enough lifeboats. A fortunate few were rescued from the turbulent waters, but most perished.

Yes, they wanted to live. Unfortunately, it was too late for many. I think that's how the lost will feel on Judgment Day. The truth will finally be apparent, but it will be too late. Isaiah warned people to seek God while he could be found.

<Note to the Universalists: I don't intend to debate the issue. There are other threads for that, and the topic has been well covered.>

Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 PM

It appears, nobody wants the truth anymore. They want a "feel good" sermon, something that will give them false hope. To continue on in their sinful ways. You know, when I myself was a sinner, I did'nt want anyone telling me what or what not, I could'nt do either. Why, you ask? There were so many that were just like me! You know, "bird's of a feather, flock .............."

Then I give in to the "pull", the "tug" of Christ Jesus. I now know the truth! That Jesus Christ died FOR ME! Me! Can you believe it? Someone died in place of my dirty, sinful, wretched, stinking self? Me? Wow!! I deserved to die! Me, Betsey, who would'nt listen to anyone. Me, who thought one day the way out of my misery, was to take my own life. Been there! Almost succeeded!

But thank God for Jesus! The Christ! The King! He stepped in at the right time. He came as my Comforter! To save ME!! To save YOU! Oh, if you would only believe. He's real! As real as the breath that your taking right now. What would it take for you to believe? What?

So you see, after almost tasting of death, death without Christ Jesus, how can I not tell you about the goodness of our Lord Jesus Christ? I cannot offer you a "feel good" sermon. Does my posting make you "hot", "upset", "bothered?" GOOD, you're feeling something! Truth, you're feeling truth. That's what truth was design to do! Make us see ourselves, and hopefully, hopefully, make the appropriate changes that are necessary before meeting Christ Jesus.

So here's to truth, truth, according to the Words of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Love it or hate it. Accept it or reject it. It's on youuuurrrrr head.

Love, your sister and friend Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-16-2009 at 07:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity