U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,207,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I am saying that only the word of God gets it right!
And I'm saying many people have looked at that word and many denominations have grown as a result.

Thus.. differing interpretations MUST occur. Do you not agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I would love to join into this conversation. But, I'm afraid that if I even dare to mention Joyce Meyer's excellent book, The Battlefield of the Mind, that I'll be crucified -- and that no one will come to my rescue.
I haven't ever read one of her books. I know little to nothing about her.

I'm sorry you feel so alone when crucified.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,264,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I would love to join into this conversation. But, I'm afraid that if I even dare to mention Joyce Meyer's excellent book, The Battlefield of the Mind, that I'll be crucified -- and that no one will come to my rescue.
I have the book, but never read it....

But I really like Joyce Meyers, I believe because of her past, God has helped a lot of people come out of bondage of what Satan tries to lead some astray of their position as a child of God.

Blessings to you....WC!!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM

39 posts, read 60,528 times
I had this representation presented to me at a bible study I attended recently on this very topic and found it very interesting. (It's good to see discussion about this topic.)
In the old testament it speaks of the outer court, the inner court and the Holy of Holies. Our bodies are the temple of God housing the Holy spirit .
THe outer court is our Flesh, the inner court our Soul (mind, will and emotions) and the Holy of Holies the Holy spirit. (he cannot attack the Holy Spirit)
Where the devil can attack is our inner court, Soul . Satan can infuse thoughts into our minds, impose feelings into our emotions and invokes plans for actions.
When we become aware of the enemies tacticts (LIES) and how he subtly will try to infuse these into our walk, we have the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of truth abideth in me and teaches me all things and guides me into all truths) to deliver us from this lie. This part I love because it shows the power of Gods word, and really how easy it is to defeat the enemy. Just receive the truth (Gods word-JESUS~freedom) and reject the lie (satan~bondage). "I am the Body of Christ and satan hath no power over me. For I overcome evil with Good."1 cor. 12:27, Romans 12:21. God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity