U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:27 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,928,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
Actually it's Babylon which we are supposed to come out of - lest we share in her punishment........
so Obama is on the right track? We need to leave Babylon (Baghdad) and bring our troops home.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 AM

777 posts, read 1,278,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
so Obama is on the right track? We need to leave Babylon (Baghdad) and bring our troops home.......
You have an excellent point.
I get the humor, but there IS also a literal Babylon.
As the situation stands, this admonishion could be quite literal - "leave Iraq".

When it comes down to it, beheadings are rather popular in that section of the world.
I think that sort of thing is mentioned in the Bible somewhere.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:39 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,904,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
Actually it's Babylon which we are supposed to come out of - lest we share in her punishment.
I haven't figured out yet if it is secular Babylon (America) or religous Babylon which we're supposed to leave (or both).

In the case of the former, I've not been able to determine a destination.
It would seem that Israel might be an option, but it doesn't seem very safe or stable - nor to they like evangelism.
I appreciate how thoughtful and prayerful you are on everything you discuss.

What did you mean by religious Babylon? I think you and I are wondering about the same thing.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I appreciate how thoughtful and prayerful you are on everything you discuss.

What did you mean by religious Babylon? I think you and I are wondering about the same thing.
Thank you, but I should be known for spelling "do" as "to".

I hesitate to name a specific religious Babylon, but it should be noted that there are offspring mentioned too.
Religious Babylon might be found among those who hold to a form of religion but teach error.
I think it exists wherever one finds it.
There seems to be plenty to choose from.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 AM

Religious Babylon could also apply to Islam, since the religion is anti-Jew and anti-Christ, but those whom God might call "My people" - would be few in number.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 AM

178 posts, read 350,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
How many Christians out there are tired of immoral persons attacking us?
Washington is largly over-run with liberal politicians. Public schools have become unfit for human participation, much less for Christian children. Political correctness has become a rule in the workplace, regardless of moral issues involved.

Would you agree that it's time for the real Christians to pull out of America? Even if we can't go to another country right away, would you consider relocating to another part of the country, as long as it would be a safe move?

I'd really like to hear from real Christians.
We are bondservants of Christ. Where would you go? All governments of men will eventually fall. To pledge allegiance to any country or government is against the Law of our Creator. We are on this land but we are not subject to the jurisdiction of the US government. We are subject only to the supreme Divine Law, the only law that exists.

We really need to study what it means to be a US Citizen. This government uses their codes and statutes to enslave us, not to serve us as commanded by God. God ordains governments to rule as long as they rule according to His will. When they go against His Law and His will, they no longer are due obedience. Did Jesus and the apostles participate in the Roman political process to try and change Caesar's laws? Or did they just minister and preach to those who desired to hear the truth? Governments and those in "authority" will be judged by God. Our responsibility is to live our lives according to God's will and to preach to all who desire to hear it.

Each of us are called to do different things according to our skills and strengths. God knows better then we do about this. He will lead you to where you should be if it is your honest and sincere desire to do His will.
Pray for His guidance and wisdom and the truth will be revealed to you according to His timing and plans.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,477,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
We are bondservants of Christ. Where would you go? All governments of men will eventually fall. To pledge allegiance to any country or government is against the Law of our Creator. We are on this land but we are not subject to the jurisdiction of the US government. We are subject only to the supreme Divine Law, the only law that exists.

We really need to study what it means to be a US Citizen. This government uses their codes and statutes to enslave us, not to serve us as commanded by God. God ordains governments to rule as long as they rule according to His will. When they go against His Law and His will, they no longer are due obedience. Did Jesus and the apostles participate in the Roman political process to try and change Caesar's laws? Or did they just minister and preach to those who desired to hear the truth? Governments and those in "authority" will be judged by God. Our responsibility is to live our lives according to God's will and to preach to all who desire to hear it.

Each of us are called to do different things according to our skills and strengths. God knows better then we do about this. He will lead you to where you should be if it is your honest and sincere desire to do His will.
Pray for His guidance and wisdom and the truth will be revealed to you according to His timing and plans.
A fellow citizen of the Kingdom of Christ! It is refreshing to see people starting to "wake up".

I just wish more knew of te banking sustem and how enslaved we really are to them. That is why I keep on saying that money is the mark...

Check this video out. They do not advocate religion of any sort, but my faith is strong enough to know that religion in and of itself is where the problem lies, and not with the people who are sincere in their beliefs. In other words, I can believe in God my Father and Jesus Christ His Son, and not be swayed by people who feel that by these beliefs, it is called religion, and then lump me in with the same sort who have killed millions in His name. I am not part of this group, and can be found having discussions with atheists, agnostics, or even Islamists. Doesn't matter to me.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...=en&autoplay=1

I despise rascism and slavery and although we hear a lot about pockets of both in the world,,,what the governments and corporations have done is absolutely horrific. And the sad part is, is that we allow this to happen, because of the already existing divisions making up our own societies. It just goes by different names.

Whether it is religion, or even our local governments, or our little neighborhoods,,,it is still all division, and by this division, we are conditioned to believe what ever it is, they want us to believe. We get our news from celebrities, and it is filtered though the same corporations that advertise on them. How is the truth to ever get out?

Thank you Jesus for the internet. You always find a way!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:28 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,106,773 times
Not me. I'm glad there were Christians around to share the gospel with me when I needed it, and I plan to be here for non-believers when they need to hear the gospel.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,664,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post

Thanks for a truly beautiful post.

Living for Jesus and fighting for Christian rights is a real thin line. It would be beneficial at this point and time that we start understanding the difference between the two before God has to show us the hard way. We have to be strong enough to be who we are and live the way we live....regardless of popularity.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,734,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Obviously you know that Baghdad is not the "Babylon" the bible is referring to.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-18-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity