U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:14 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,919,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Obviously you know that Baghdad is not the "Babylon" the bible is referring to.
Sure it is.........laying between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, a mighty city throughout history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 01:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,726,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Sure it is.........laying between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, a mighty city throughout history.
Many believe Babylon to be an "evil" System

Old 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM

298 posts, read 639,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
How many Christians out there are tired of immoral persons attacking us?
Washington is largly over-run with liberal politicians. Public schools have become unfit for human participation, much less for Christian children. Political correctness has become a rule in the workplace, regardless of moral issues involved.

Would you agree that it's time for the real Christians to pull out of America? Even if we can't go to another country right away, would you consider relocating to another part of the country, as long as it would be a safe move?

I'd really like to hear from real Christians.
Maybe we are living in Nineveh instead of Sodom. Maybe we should be preaching and praying instead of running.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,313,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Wow....that has to be one of the scariest statements I've seen on this forum........

BTW, did you know that the real Jesus forgives your Jesus for being a greedy Republican, enemy torturing warmonger?

PS: I'm a real Christian.......not what you expect and doesn't fit your definition, does it? But that's ok. Me and Jesus go back 40 years since I was saved..........we know who we are and how we relate.........
Yeah, some people here seem to think that the majority of Christians are actually imposters since they don't agree with their rigid, fundamentalist version.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm guessing you won't be coming to Canada, eh? Gays are actually seen as equals here, and our kids are made aware of gay families in school...Hell the middle schools and up even have condom dispensers...Yup we are a sinful liberal lot here in the great north.
Gays are equal here to. Oh yes Canada is! and as a Canadian I can attest to that. How would you expect a pig to know his sty IS a sty.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-19-2009 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Gays are equal here to. Oh yes Canada is! and as a Canadian I can attest to that. How would you expect a pig to know his sty IS a sty.
Ah, now we're pigs in a sty. Again, you have quite the odd way of showing love. If I said fundie churches were stys filled with pigs, I'd probably get banned.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Ah, now we're pigs in a sty. Again, you have quite the odd way of showing love. If I said fundie churches were stys filled with pigs, I'd probably get banned.
Please you have said worse. I was talking about Canadians who think their society is morally good. Are you Canadian? Just like when the bible says, that all self proclaimed "Christians" who turn from God and go back to the world are like dogs going back to its vomit.

As you can see, my example was much nicer.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Please you have said worse. I was talking about Canadians who think their society is morally good. Are you Canadian? Just like when the bible says, that all self proclaimed "Christians" who turn from God and go back to the world are like dogs going back to its vomit.

As you can see, my example was much nicer.
No, I'm not Canadian. I'd love to live in such a progressive country, but I don't think I could take the cold, and too much of a bother to try and emigrate.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, I'm not Canadian. I'd love to live in such a progressive country, but I don't think I could take the cold, and too much of a bother to try and emigrate.
"Progressive" I am sick of that term, like it is some type of new thinking, it is older than you and I. The world has already embraced "progressiveness" it did not work and then rejected it, just like it will do again.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,033,325 times
Just like the New Age movement is just the same old crap in different packaging. Progressive is actually the New Age way of usurping the truth with a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity