U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,662,925 times
Reputation: 968

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
the Church should stay, the denominations should repent.......
Good point... We need to "leave the world" in our hearts first of all, and repent of the Babylon we allow in our own lives, our homes, the things we do, the places we go. Upon repenting we can be separated unto God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 657,060 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Good point... We need to "leave the world" in our hearts first of all, and repent of the Babylon we allow in our own lives, our homes, the things we do, the places we go. Upon repenting we can be separated unto God.
I agree with your statement. It really has been the thing to do for the many centuries of the Church. It is still very much the comitment for us all.

But, because we are so close to the end of the world and the appearing of the LORD JESUS, we as a Church should be very serious about learning the prophetic scriptures and knowing that we understand them. They do contain instructions for us. There are certain things for us to do as the end comes near.

What people do is thier buisness, but I only want to warn the people whom I love----the Church. Wether they listen or not, is up to them. But if I live to be able to leave America, I want to leave knowing that I honestly tried to help my fellow Christians. Otherwise, it would be a very sad day for me when the Babylon is destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,904,142 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
But, because we are so close to the end of the world and the appearing of the LORD JESUS,
That will happen for me when I die. It will happen for each of us when we die. That it comes when it comes if it comes to the world as a whole is irrelevant. I must live my lie today as a Christian......not as a "church goer" or as a Baptist or Methodist or Catholic, but as a Christian......we as Christians MUST get beyond denominations and "churches" and become Christians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
we as a Church should be very serious about learning the prophetic scriptures and knowing that we understand them.
Why more than how to act and witness on a daily basis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
They do contain instructions for us. There are certain things for us to do as the end comes near.
Things that are different from what we do as Christians on a day to day basis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 AM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,237 posts, read 8,463,108 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally posted by joedrsaved


How many Christians out there are tired of immoral persons attacking us?
Washington is largly over-run with liberal politicians. Public schools have become unfit for human participation, much less for Christian children. Political correctness has become a rule in the workplace, regardless of moral issues involved.

Would you agree that it's time for the real Christians to pull out of America? Even if we can't go to another country right away, would you consider relocating to another part of the country, as long as it would be a safe move?

I'd really like to hear from real Christians.
So, basically you'd like to huddle in your own corner and tell the rest of the world to go to hell (literally)? Your self righteous, unloving, ungraceful post is one I should never have to read as a christian. You clearly wouldn't have wanted to witness to a disgusting, dirty little high schooler like I was when I was saved. Instead of sitting on your high horse complaining about non-christians, why don't you witness to them, or show them christ's love? It's hard work, but then being a christian is supposed to be harder than going off by yourself and being a monk.

This is one of the saddest things I've ever heard from a Christian...disgraceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 657,060 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
So, basically you'd like to huddle in your own corner and tell the rest of the world to go to hell (literally)? Your self righteous, unloving, ungraceful post is one I should never have to read as a christian. You clearly wouldn't have wanted to witness to a disgusting, dirty little high schooler like I was when I was saved. Instead of sitting on your high horse complaining about non-christians, why don't you witness to them, or show them christ's love? It's hard work, but then being a christian is supposed to be harder than going off by yourself and being a monk.

This is one of the saddest things I've ever heard from a Christian...disgraceful.
Again, lies and false acusations. What proof do you have of these lies, other than your own misguided imagination and desire to trample someone under your feet?

You have no proof. Have I ever stated a desire to go and live like a Monk? No! Are you still feeling sorry for yourself concerning your high school experience, which you seem to say was negative and hurtfull for you. I had plenty of challenges has a child, probally more than you could dream of. But I have forgiven those who did me wrong, at school or away from school.

I do look for every opportunity to witness to any one any where.

Every day people travel between countries. Bring up the ideal of being a missionary, and many Christians are intrested. But say we should leave the country in preperation for end time events, and most freak out because they have not studied the Bible enough to know much about it.

You have blatantly acused me falsely. I demand that you present tangible proof for your charges against me, or admit it is your own hearsay!

Really, it sounds to me like the devil is knocking you about a lot. I fight the devil every day, by the grace of GOD, and the one who has lied to you is no problem for me! Thank you JESUS CHRIST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,237 posts, read 8,463,108 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally posted by Joedrsaved

Would you agree that it's time for the real Christians to pull out of America? Even if we can't go to another country right away, would you consider relocating to another part of the country, as long as it would be a safe move?

I'd really like to hear from real Christians.
First, don't accuse me of lying. I may be wrong, but I'm not willfully lying.

Joe, when you say the above thing....what I hear is "screw everyone else, I'm looking out for myself" and "I don't want to deal with non-christians." Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but that's what I read. Monks do the same thing, which is why I compared your post to a monks. If my interpretation of your attitude is true, then it is disgraceful, as christians are supposed to be lights in the world. And I'm not bitter about high school, but if someone hadn't been kind enough and witnessed to me in high school, it's unlikely I would have been saved. (or I would have been saved much later) If that person followed your idea of going off somewhere, he would be a less effective witness.

Living as a christian in the world is hard. Jesus had it hard in the world too. God's judgment will come to the whole world, and there is nowhere to go to escape it. You could go to outer Mongolia and it wouldn't do any good.

You witness to many people? Good, stay where you are, and you'll reach even more people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,904,142 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

This is one of the saddest things I've ever heard from a Christian...disgraceful.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 657,060 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
First, don't accuse me of lying. I may be wrong, but I'm not willfully lying.

Joe, when you say the above thing....what I hear is "screw everyone else, I'm looking out for myself" and "I don't want to deal with non-christians." Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but that's what I read. Monks do the same thing, which is why I compared your post to a monks. If my interpretation of your attitude is true, then it is disgraceful, as christians are supposed to be lights in the world. And I'm not bitter about high school, but if someone hadn't been kind enough and witnessed to me in high school, it's unlikely I would have been saved. (or I would have been saved much later) If that person followed your idea of going off somewhere, he would be a less effective witness.

Living as a christian in the world is hard. Jesus had it hard in the world too. God's judgment will come to the whole world, and there is nowhere to go to escape it. You could go to outer Mongolia and it wouldn't do any good.

You witness to many people? Good, stay where you are, and you'll reach even more people.
If I were only looking out for myself, I would simply leave and not go to the trouble of trying to tell others about a coming catastrophic event. If I left and told others that it was to be a missionary, most people would think that's really a cool Christian thing to do.

My personal goals at this time is to learn spanish and try to relocate to Mexico. To become an active member of a local Church and help other Christians as much as possible. Moving from America to Mexico, will be like Dorthy leaving Kansas and finding herself in a much different place. It simply will not be easy.

If you know the Bible you know that the time will come for the lost, when GOD will simply cast thier soul to hell, if they refuse the gospel. The time came when lot was told to leave Sodom. Did he do wrong by not staying and witnessing to the many lost there?

Your essential doctrinal statements about witnessing, I agree with. I'm 51 years young and have been a Christian for 33 of those years. I'm a little beyond needing basic instructions in the expectations of the saint to be a witness, though surely that aspect of my life and for all Christians is a growing one.

Living like a munk is not the lifestyle for me, though I will not judge those who have chosen to do so.

If you or any one wants to live in America the rest of thier days, you'll never see me try to drag you from your home, or try and drag anyone across the Rio Grande. But please do pray about these matters for your own welfare.

I have three adult children whom I dearly want to also help leave America. But they are adults and I simply can't force them to leave. I recall reading that lot had to leave a daughter behind in Sodom because she refused to leave. That must have been painful. I hope such will not be the case with my family.

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
 
Location: fla
1,511 posts, read 2,761,852 times
Reputation: 709
Monks do the same thing, which is why I compared your post to a monks.

monks are not hiding away--they live their life praying for others who do not know GOD to come into HIS world---all contempletive groups are not hiding away--they have their assigned things and thank GOD there are these groups praying for us-----we as Christians should be the ones reaching out to others to bring them into HIS LIGHT-----that is one of our main focuses while we are in this life--i feel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 11:53 AM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 657,060 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
Monks do the same thing, which is why I compared your post to a monks.

monks are not hiding away--they live their life praying for others who do not know GOD to come into HIS world---all contempletive groups are not hiding away--they have their assigned things and thank GOD there are these groups praying for us-----we as Christians should be the ones reaching out to others to bring them into HIS LIGHT-----that is one of our main focuses while we are in this life--i feel
Thanks for your educational admonition. I have been thinking the same thing but did not state it like you did. Good post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top