U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,490,821 times

Advertisements

Well, as a Christian I understand what you mean. But in Matthew 10:16 Jesus says, See, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as serpents and as innocent as doves. So, he was sending his disciples out among wolfs, but he gave them the authority to tread over serpents. That is how it is today. We are to go among wolfs and preach the gospel, but God has given us authority over satan and demons. So when you get persecuted, that means that you are on the right path. Look at how they treated Jesus. So, what makes you think that life is going to be easy. We have it so hard, because he want to live holy, in a sinful world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,773,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The truth is, I did come close to moving to Canada, but then I learned that the Canadian government does not define marrage as a union between one man and one woman. Also they consider abortion to be simply, a surgical procedure. So that did put the brakes on.
Can't say I'm sad about you staying out of Canada after that statement. In Canada EVERYBODY is equal, and we'd like to keep it that way.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:42 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,179,375 times
I thought I read years ago that SOME ARE MORE EQUAL.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,909,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
....... I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as serpents and as innocent as doves. So, he was sending his disciples out among wolfs, but he gave them the authority to tread over serpents.................
Could you explain how being admonished to be cunning as a serpent means to have the authority to tread (walk) on serpents? that is a jump of logic that totally escapes me.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
How many Christians out there are tired of immoral persons attacking us?
Washington is largly over-run with liberal politicians. Public schools have become unfit for human participation, much less for Christian children. Political correctness has become a rule in the workplace, regardless of moral issues involved.

Would you agree that it's time for the real Christians to pull out of America? Even if we can't go to another country right away, would you consider relocating to another part of the country, as long as it would be a safe move?

I'd really like to hear from real Christians.
We are God's children and should keep our eyes off of america, the world and keep our eyes on him. I feel that is why we have so many problems, is because we keep looking at the enemy. Satan is already defeated and the people with him, so all we have to do is stand and let God fight this balttle, which is not ours anyway. If God does not tell us to leave, then he means for us to stay and stand up for what we believe him, and that is his power. When Jesus came into the world, he did not run from people that did not like him, or tried to give him. He knew the power that he had and he fought the battle. So, when we stand, we are not standing in our power, but in Jesus, who as already defeated satan. So, leave america, I don't think so. All we have to do is stand, and God willl fight for us, if you are on his side.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 AM

Certain sciptures use certain words, the Niv says shrewd, the NKJV says Wise, various scriptures use different word,so it is good to do a word study. The ISV uses cunning, I prefer NKJV

Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,909,524 times
None of which means to "tread on"

Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM

Luke 10:19, the NAS, says thread on serpents, ISV says trample, KJ says thread, and so forth.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM

I never said that cunning meant to tread, I was saying what they could do with the authority that they had.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
None of which means to "tread on"

I never said that cunning meant to tread. I was stating what they could do with the authority that Jesus gave them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity