U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,029,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Legal status? They are already citizens so they already have legal status. Do you realize that homosexuals are not illegal aliens.
It would be nice if you would actually quote me and not misquote me because I said legal status for their lifestyle.

Quote:
Yes..they demand the same rights you have. Fancy that. In a country where "all men are created" equal, isn't it funny that equal rights should be accepted.
No they are asking for special rights. They already have equal rights to marry someone of the opposite sex.

Quote:
My guess.. as I'm not gay.. is they DON'T want the version of marriage you think they do. See I'm guessing they'd like to stay married.. and since most heterosexual marriages end in divorce I'm guessing they are searching for something a little more meaningful.
Actually only 50% of marriages end in divorce and the majority of those marriages were not for the right reasons to begin with.

Quote:
However.. that has nothing to do with the tea in China. The fact is people are being DENIED rights because of their sexual orientation. Thats wrong. The biggest of these is healthcare.
They are being given equal rights, just not the special rights they are seeking. Their sexual orientation is their choice and deserving of no special treatment.

Quote:
LT and I are lucky.. see I work and she is able to stay at home. We feel blessed like that. However LT has to have health insurance. She just has to. As such she falls under the coverage of me.. her awesome husband (and I do mean awesome + infinity + 1 + how awesome you think you are + 2).
This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Quote:
A loving gay couple is DENIED that same right. Its wrong.. its unconstitutional and believe me.. it will be changed. You can gnash you teeth till you turn blue.. but it will be changed. There will be a federal civil union law coming within the next 10-15 years.
They make a choice that goes against the natural order of things and them demand special rights, yes they will probable get them but they do not deserve them.

Quote:
As to their lifestyle being taught in schools. See.. the very fact you used the word lifestyle shows ignorance. I say this because I love my wife very much and take great offense to the fact that you call the love I have for my wife a "lifestyle". Its not a lifestyle. See I didn't pick to be heterosexual.. I just am. So when they teach sex ed in school.. they are teaching acceptance of different people.. not different positions.
You can take offense all you like but a heterosexual marriage is a legitimate loving relationship while a homosexual relationship is a chosen lifestyle. Such choices should not be encouraged just as adultry, fornication, incest and beastiality should not be acceptable lifestyles.

Quote:
In the end.. you won't change your mind and I wont' change mine. However I sleep well at night knowing the time is coming that laws will be introduced that extend the rights of this country to every citizen.. not just the citizens YOU deem worthy of having those rights. I sleep well at night knowing that when my child grows up and she is 30 something years old I can look her in the eye and say I totally supported rights for gay people. Not because I have gay friends.. not because a family member of mine is gay.... for no other reason because its the right thing to do under the laws of this country.
And I sleep well knowing that I support Gods will for mankind and will continue to serve God as He has deemed instead of rejecting Him for mankinds selfish desires.

Quote:
Federal civil unions between two people..
Still an abomination to the Lord.

Quote:
Marriage defined at the state level and let those churches decide if they want to be bigots as their right to not marry gay couples would be protected under the federal constitution set forth through case law already established.
See there you go showing your true colors. You are not tolerant of any opinion other than what you deem as right. You go so far as to not only get angry but to use name calling and considering people bigots for choosing the Lord way over mans. You sound pretty bigoted towards truth and true love.

Quote:
See its quite easy.. a loving gay couple requires nothing from you. Not one single thing. Nothing.. zero... nada. You can preach what you want in the comfort of your own home. If you see fit you can tell you children how "the gays are bad"... thats your right. However its their right to have the same rights as you.
I know they dont need anything from me, but they do need the Lord. I will preach and teach the truth of the Lord wherever and whenever I choose so long as the Lord allows me life in this world. I do not teach that the gays are bad but I do teach that homosexuality is a sin and unacceptable to the Lord. They have the same rights as I do, but they are asking for special rights I do not desire to have.

Quote:
If you don't like it find another country. I hear Iran doesn't like gays.. maybe you could move there.. (Although they don't like Christians much there so I wouldn't broadcast that.. on the other hand then you would know what it was like for gay people.. call it a win win lesson).
Hey why dont you take you own advice. I here Canada loves the gay lifestyle and welcomes gays with open arms. Leave the foundation of the US alone and get right with the Lord or you are actually in for a worse time that the gays are when Christ returns and sees how much you not only hated Him, but how much you hate your fellow man in order to support their misguided lifestyles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,458,769 times
I think Christians know how close they are to losing out to gay rights. Most people know you can't apply all the scripture to today's world or we would still be keeping slaves, not blending textiles and other foolish ideas that are in the questionable book.
Instead why not focus on keeping your marriages together? Christain's seem to have a high divorce rate, why is that? You might want to worry more about the teen pregnancy epidemic than a homosexual agenda in school.

You know you are all sinners, stop fingering the homosexuals.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,207,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It would be nice if you would actually quote me and not misquote me because I said legal status for their lifestyle.
Be more clear. Leave no room for mis interpretation from my part.

Quote:
No they are asking for special rights. They already have equal rights to marry someone of the opposite sex.
Just like blacks had the same rights back in the day huh.. if they just could have changed their skin color.

Quote:
Actually only 50% of marriages end in divorce and the majority of those marriages were not for the right reasons to begin with.
Oh.. only 50%.. my bad.

Oh I see you are also a prophet and know why the majority of those ended in divorce too! Wow!

Either way it shows a less than perfect example of marriage. 2+ hit points for me!

Quote:
They are being given equal rights, just not the special rights they are seeking. Their sexual orientation is their choice and deserving of no special treatment.
Formatting from me... :-)

Oh.. see we are making progress. Its now their "sexual orientation". Cracks in the armor.

When did you "choose" your sexual orientation. I'm gonna LOVE this answer.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Actuall it has everything to do with the subject at hand. Failure to realize that is sad indeed.

Quote:
They make a choice that goes against the natural order of things and them demand special rights, yes they will probable get them but they do not deserve them.
Oh.. now we make marriage based on the "natural order of things".

This is getting better by the minute.

Define "natural order of things".

what about an 80 yr old woman marrying a 20 year old man. Is that "natural". Ain't gonna be no baby makin' there.

Or are we going with the natural world and look to the animal kingdom? Lots of homosexuality going on there..

Seriously.. thankyou so far for the post.. its been illuminating!

Quote:
You can take offense all you like but a heterosexual marriage is a legitimate loving relationship
At least 50% of the time right? This is the most fun I've had. Again thankyou for your post.

The other 50% isn't a legitimate loving relationship (based on your own words!!!) -->
Quote:
A proper "Bwhahaaaa ahhhahhahaaa hhahhahaaaa" is in order.

Next.

Quote:
while a homosexual relationship is a chosen lifestyle. Such choices should not be encouraged just as adultry, fornication, incest and beastiality should not be acceptable lifestyles.

So sayeth the non-gay person who isn't a doctor. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night?

I like how its turned back from "Orientation" to a "Choice".

Quote:
And I sleep well knowing that I support Gods will for mankind and will continue to serve God as He has deemed instead of rejecting Him for mankinds selfish desires.
I sleep well knowing I don't discriminate against people not like me.

Quote:
Still an abomination to the Lord.
Which has no bearing on U.S. Law

Quote:
See there you go showing your true colors. You are not tolerant of any opinion other than what you deem as right.
I'll rephase:

I'm not tolerant of wrong poorly informed opinions. Guilty as charged.

Quote:
You go so far as to not only get angry but to use name calling and considering people bigots for choosing the Lord way over mans. You sound pretty bigoted towards truth and true love.
Ok.. its your opinion. Either way my example holds true. The fact you don't like the label doesn't diminish the meaning of the word. Sorry.. it just doesn't.

Quote:
I know they dont need anything from me, but they do need the Lord. I will preach and teach the truth of the Lord wherever and whenever I choose so long as the Lord allows me life in this world.
Like I already said.. thats your right. Hint.. I've already said that. You repeating me sounds weird.

Quote:
I do not teach that the gays are bad but I do teach that homosexuality is a sin and unacceptable to the Lord.
Good. What you do with your own time is your right.

Quote:
They have the same rights as I do, but they are asking for special rights I do not desire to have.
And thus we enter back into the WRONG arena.

Heterosexual Marriage is not a "lifestyle"
Homosexual Marriage wouldn't be a "lifestyle"

Homosexual people can't marry people they love. Right denied. Its really easy to see that and honestly shouldn't take me saying it over and over again.

Quote:
Hey why dont you take you own advice. I here Canada loves the gay lifestyle and welcomes gays with open arms.
I'm not gay. Thaks for asking though.. you hitting on me?

Quote:
Leave the foundation of the US alone and get right with the Lord or you are actually in for a worse time that the gays are when Christ returns and sees how much you not only hated Him, but how much you hate your fellow man in order to support their misguided lifestyles..
Sorry.. I stopped reading when I read the ridiculous "leave the foundation of the US alone.." as I figured the rest would be filled with untruths...

Have a great one. I enjoyed this.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,719,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I think Christians know how close they are to losing out to gay rights. Most people know you can't apply all the scripture to today's world or we would still be keeping slaves, not blending textiles and other foolish ideas that are in the questionable book.
Instead why not focus on keeping your marriages together? Christain's seem to have a high divorce rate, why is that? You might want to worry more about the teen pregnancy epidemic than a homosexual agenda in school.

Man you talk about strawmans. The only point that had merit was Christian divorce and you are right, we apologize. Christians know they will lose because society is morally decaying which we have seen happening since the early 1900's. Homosexulaity is nothing new, it has been around since the ancients but a society that says, homosexuality is moral has paid the price. homosexuality is not a simple as you make it out to be, it has severe repercussions on a society.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 AM

112 posts, read 154,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post

I am a Christian and I DO NOT believe we are loosing out to the gays, I have read the Bible enough to know what God has said concerning the life style. He destroyed a whole city because of the gay lifestyle and He is very close to doing it again and no one can say they were not warned, I have also read the end of the Bible (Revelations) and I know who comes out winning in the end. God loves us all but His wrath is going to fall on the people who disregard His words. Satan is loosed now just like the Bible says he will be in the end, He is seeking whom he can devour please vow it will not be you.....God Bless

Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,029,705 times
Quote:
Be more clear. Leave no room for mis interpretation from my part.
Just like blacks had the same rights back in the day huh.. if they just could have changed their skin color.
Oh.. only 50%.. my bad.
Oh I see you are also a prophet and know why the majority of those ended in divorce too! Wow!
Either way it shows a less than perfect example of marriage. 2+ hit points for me!
Formatting from me... :-)
Oh.. see we are making progress. Its now their "sexual orientation". Cracks in the armor.
When did you "choose" your sexual orientation. I'm gonna LOVE this answer.
Actuall it has everything to do with the subject at hand. Failure to realize that is sad indeed.
Oh.. now we make marriage based on the "natural order of things".
This is getting better by the minute.
Define "natural order of things".
what about an 80 yr old woman marrying a 20 year old man. Is that "natural". Ain't gonna be no baby makin' there.
Or are we going with the natural world and look to the animal kingdom? Lots of homosexuality going on there..
Seriously.. thankyou so far for the post.. its been illuminating!
At least 50% of the time right? This is the most fun I've had. Again thankyou for your post.
The other 50% isn't a legitimate loving relationship (based on your own words!!!) -->
A proper "Bwhahaaaa ahhhahhahaaa hhahhahaaaa" is in order.
Next.
So sayeth the non-gay person who isn't a doctor. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night?
I like how its turned back from "Orientation" to a "Choice".
I sleep well knowing I don't discriminate against people not like me.
Which has no bearing on U.S. Law
I'll rephase:
I'm not tolerant of wrong poorly informed opinions. Guilty as charged.
Ok.. its your opinion. Either way my example holds true. The fact you don't like the label doesn't diminish the meaning of the word. Sorry.. it just doesn't.
Like I already said.. thats your right. Hint.. I've already said that. You repeating me sounds weird.
Good. What you do with your own time is your right.
And thus we enter back into the WRONG arena.
Heterosexual Marriage is not a "lifestyle"
Homosexual Marriage wouldn't be a "lifestyle"
Homosexual people can't marry people they love. Right denied. Its really easy to see that and honestly shouldn't take me saying it over and over again.
I'm not gay. Thaks for asking though.. you hitting on me?
Sorry.. I stopped reading when I read the ridiculous "leave the foundation of the US alone.." as I figured the rest would be filled with untruths...
Have a great one. I enjoyed this.
So when are you going to contribute to a legitimate discussion instead of spouting useless rhetoric?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM

30,685 posts, read 49,462,974 times
Quote:
Just to clarify:

1.4M active personnel in military
1.4M reserve personnel in military
=2.8M Total

2.8M / 306M (estimated U.S. Population) = 0.91% of citizens in United States have laws prohibiting them from sodomy.

Thanks for the clarification. I strive to be 100% alas in this case I was only 99% correct.
DFAS.mil website says they send paychecks out for 5.9 million people.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
DFAS.mil website says they send paychecks out for 5.9 million people.
I'm assuming you are telling me this because you don't think my numbers are correct.

I'm also assuming you know the military employs civillian contractors.

Thus taking those two points together I can only assume you weren't thinking.

Keep trying though. I applaud your effort (golf clap)

Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
So when are you going to contribute to a legitimate discussion instead of spouting useless rhetoric?
Uselss! Hardly useless. In a matter of a few posts I was able to:

1. Get you to endorse homosexuality as an orientation
2. Get you to admit that at least 50% of heterosexual marriages are NOT built on a legitimate loving relationship framework.

Useless? I think not. In debate class thats bigthirsty + 10. KaBLammo!

However, back to your original point.

When you post legitimate discussion points, I'll debate those.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,292,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
I am a Christian and I DO NOT believe we are loosing out to the gays, I have read the Bible enough to know what God has said concerning the life style. He destroyed a whole city because of the gay lifestyle and He is very close to doing it again and no one can say they were not warned, I have also read the end of the Bible (Revelations) and I know who comes out winning in the end. God loves us all but His wrath is going to fall on the people who disregard His words. Satan is loosed now just like the Bible says he will be in the end, He is seeking whom he can devour please vow it will not be you.....God Bless
Why is it that so many of you fundies keep repeating the lie about Sodom? Apparently you haven't read that story, because it's pretty obvious that it wasn't about homosexuality.

And yes, you're losing. I'm sure if you live in some backwater town around like minded people, it may seem different. But here in the big city, you'd be amazed. Some of us live in peace, have life-long relationships, and children. And nobody waves bibles in our faces or stones us to death. And there are even Christian churches that accepts us for who we are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or