U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why is it that so many of you fundies keep repeating the lie about Sodom? Apparently you haven't read that story, because it's pretty obvious that it wasn't about homosexuality.

And yes, you're losing. I'm sure if you live in some backwater town around like minded people, it may seem different. But here in the big city, you'd be amazed. Some of us live in peace, have life-long relationships, and children. And nobody waves bibles in our faces or stones us to death. And there are even Christian churches that accepts us for who we are!
Then Deneverian, Why did God destroy the city. What was it about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,028,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Uselss! Hardly useless. In a matter of a few posts I was able to:

1. Get you to endorse homosexuality as an orientation
2. Get you to admit that at least 50% of heterosexual marriages are NOT built on a legitimate loving relationship framework.

Useless? I think not. In debate class thats bigthirsty + 10. KaBLammo!

However, back to your original point.

When you post legitimate discussion points, I'll debate those.
No you have merely twisted and turned what I have said to mean what you wanted me to say. The homosexual sexual orientation is their choice. As for the 50% heterosexual marriages being for other reasons that love, that is due to the declining culture and not that is influencing our governing system and not due to the hetorosexual community.

No you will just twist and turn what I say to mean absoluting nothing like I said it.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,280,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Then Deneverian, Why did God destroy the city. What was it about?
First of all, I think it's a fable with no bearing on life today. But if you read it, you'll understand that rape was the sin, not homosexuality.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No you have merely twisted and turned what I have said to mean what you wanted me to say. The homosexual sexual orientation is their choice. As for the 50% heterosexual marriages being for other reasons that love, that is due to the declining culture and not that is influencing our governing system and not due to the hetorosexual community.

No you will just twist and turn what I say to mean absoluting nothing like I said it.
If you're not gay, then you truly have no proof that it's some "chosen" trait or orientation. I'm sorry, but a thinking person knows you can't choose which sex you're able to fall in love with and which sex you're sexually attracted to.

Even most of the fundies have realized it's not chosen at this point. You're only fooling yourself.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,206,015 times
Quote:
No you have merely twisted and turned what I have said to mean what you wanted me to say.
No. I simply quoted you.

Quote:
The homosexual sexual orientation is their choice.
For the 3rd time, when did you choose your orientation?

Quote:
As for the 50% heterosexual marriages being for other reasons that love, that is due to the declining culture and not that is influencing our governing system and not due to the hetorosexual community.
Again, that wasn't the point. You firmly stated that heterosexual marriages were legitimate loving relationships as shown here:

Quote:
You can take offense all you like but a heterosexual marriage is a legitimate loving relationship while a homosexual relationship is a chosen lifestyle.
While in the same post you stated 50% of marriages were not for the right reasons. As shown here:

Quote:
Actually only 50% of marriages end in divorce and the majority of those marriages were not for the right reasons to begin with.
So I beg of you to tell me how I twisted your words. See the problem is you twist your own words. You don't really have a leg to stand on so you just throw arguments at the wall to see what will stick. Thats fine.. I have no problem with it.. but fully expect the likes of "me" to point that out.

Quote:
Again.. I've done nothing of the sort.

Bigthirsty Chapter 1 Verse 5-10 states: "If thou findest thouself in a hole and in your belonging thou may findest a shovel, stopeth digging."

Old 01-19-2009, 02:18 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,016 times
Denverian, I need you to explain the City of Sodom? please

Old 01-19-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If you're not gay, then you truly have no proof that it's some "chosen" trait or orientation. I'm sorry, but a thinking person knows you can't choose which sex you're able to fall in love with and which sex you're sexually attracted to.

Even most of the fundies have realized it's not chosen at this point. You're only fooling yourself.
Actually you do not know me well enough to make such a statement. There is plenty of proof of homosexuals turning straight but choice and living fulfilling lives. You do have a choice to resist or give into sin and anything outside of heterosexual sex within the confines of marriage is sin. If you must know for your own information, I did struggle with same sex attraction and have at verious times in my life, but have refused to give into such temptations, just as I have refused to give into the temptations of cheating on my wife. You make choices and either live or die by them. I live a fulfilling loving realationship with my wife of 21years and we have 4 wonderful sons. Love is a choice and not a compulsion, the compulsion is lust.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
No. I simply quoted you.
Not true, you may quote me but you only quote what you think verifies your stand.

Quote:
For the 3rd time, when did you choose your orientation?
As a teenager.

Quote:
Again, that wasn't the point. You firmly stated that heterosexual marriages were legitimate loving relationships as shown here:
And again your interpritation of what I said is wanting. Heterosexual relationships are the only legitimate sexual relationships so long as the participants are married to one another.

Quote:
While in the same post you stated 50% of marriages were not for the right reasons. As shown here:
But they did meet Gods criteria of being between one man and one woman while not meeting the criteria of love they relied on something else.

Quote:
So I beg of you to tell me how I twisted your words. See the problem is you twist your own words. You don't really have a leg to stand on so you just throw arguments at the wall to see what will stick. Thats fine.. I have no problem with it.. but fully expect the likes of "me" to point that out.
I have shown you just how you twist or misinterprit what I say, you leave out a word here or there and add a few here or there and you ignore the context of my statements.

Quote:
Again.. I've done nothing of the sort.

Bigthirsty Chapter 1 Verse 5-10 states: "If thou findest thouself in a hole and in your belonging thou may findest a shovel, stopeth digging."
And you cannot even see your own distortions.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,206,015 times
Quote:
Not true, you may quote me but you only quote what you think verifies your stand.
I quoted you word for word.

Quote:
As a teenager.
Really. So you made a choice. You could either be gay or not. Did you make a list of pros and cons? Or are you just talking about your genetic makeup being heterosexually inclined and thus thats when you starting thinking boobs were hot via adolecence? See that isn't a choice. Thats who you are.

Quote:
And again your interpritation of what I said is wanting. Heterosexual relationships are the only legitimate sexual relationships so long as the participants are married to one another.
So an 80 yr old woman and a 10 yr old boy... thats legitimate? Errrrr. Wrong answer.

Quote:
But they did meet Gods criteria of being between one man and one woman while not meeting the criteria of love they relied on something else.
So as long as they are one man and one woman.. thats fine too? Errrrr.. Wrong answer.

Quote:
I have shown you just how you twist or misinterprit what I say, you leave out a word here or there and add a few here or there and you ignore the context of my statements.
Again Robin. I quoted you. I didn't leave any words off. I didn't add any words. I quoted you directly.

Explaining to you what you said has become tiresome and off topic.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Denverian, I need you to explain the City of Sodom? please
Why would I even bother with you? I've read it in the past, and you can google your fingers off to find plenty of support that says it wasn't destroyed because of gay people. I could tell you the sky is blue, but if you think the Bible says it's red, it's like beating my head on a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or