U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why would I even bother with you? I've read it in the past, and you can google your fingers off to find plenty of support that says it wasn't destroyed because of gay people. I could tell you the sky is blue, but if you think the Bible says it's red, it's like beating my head on a wall.
I am not arguing over this. I just wanted to hear your interpretation of why it was destroyed? You claim we are wrong so by all means, no argument over here. The floor is yours with no rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,283,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually you do not know me well enough to make such a statement. There is plenty of proof of homosexuals turning straight but choice and living fulfilling lives. You do have a choice to resist or give into sin and anything outside of heterosexual sex within the confines of marriage is sin. If you must know for your own information, I did struggle with same sex attraction and have at verious times in my life, but have refused to give into such temptations, just as I have refused to give into the temptations of cheating on my wife. You make choices and either live or die by them. I live a fulfilling loving realationship with my wife of 21years and we have 4 wonderful sons. Love is a choice and not a compulsion, the compulsion is lust.

Oh, ok, gotcha

I've found that gay people who convince themselves they can pretend to be heterosexual are some of the most rabidly anti gay people there are.

I don't choose to be gay. I choose to love and be happy in my life. I have no struggle with homosexuality at all. It is who I am! Like I told my own parents, I'm gay and you can either deal with it or I'll walk out the door and you'll never see me again. I have no time for ignorance disguised as Christianity.

And for you, I hope you truly find happiness in your life, because I can't imagine the misery of trying to live life in total contradiction to my true self. No god would be so cruel as to create you gay and then tell you not to act on it. Then there is the pain inflicted upon families when gay people try to pretend they're not - take Ted Haggard for a perfect example. It's just so sad.

There are plenty of Christians and Christian denominations out there who will accept you for your true self. And it's possible to be healthy, happy, and moral while in a gay relationship.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,028,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69
Well lets see, they have demanded legal status for their sexual orientation, they have demanded marriage between same sex couples, they have demanded their lifestyle be taught in schools as an acceptable lifestyle just to name a few.

Legal status? They are already citizens so they already have legal status. Do you realize that homosexuals are not illegal aliens.

Now look at the quote above and then your responce. Yes you presented and exact word for word quote but you only addressed part of the quote that suited your agenda. Legal status for their sexual orientation, meaning homosexuality was illegal and now is not.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not arguing over this. I just wanted to hear your interpretation of why it was destroyed? You claim we are wrong so by all means, no argument over here. The floor is yours with no rebuttal.
Didn't you read my other post? Men raping was the sin/crime.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Didn't you read my other post? Men raping was the sin/crime.
interesting considering what sodomite means

Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Well lets see, they have demanded legal status for their sexual orientation, they have demanded marriage between same sex couples, they have demanded their lifestyle be taught in schools as an acceptable lifestyle just to name a few.

Legal status? They are already citizens so they already have legal status. Do you realize that homosexuals are not illegal aliens.

Now look at the quote above and then your responce. Yes you presented and exact word for word quote but you only addressed part of the quote that suited your agenda. Legal status for their sexual orientation, meaning homosexuality was illegal and now is not.

Yes, you're right. Gay people are sick and tired of the crap we receive from people in this country. If you think Marriage is some religious/Christian institute, then how do you justify allowing non-Christians to marry?

Oh well, you're on the losing end my friend. Personally I don't care if it's called marriage or civil union or whatever. My partner and I have children, and we need the legal protection of having the government recognize our union. I have a dream, that someday, there won't be gay people who feel so intimidated as to live unfortunate, closeted lives as someone other than their true selves.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
interesting considering what sodomite means
Oh, so Sodom was named for a sex act? Odd, I didn't get that from the story.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,028,429 times
Quote:
Oh, ok, gotcha

I've found that gay people who convince themselves they can pretend to be heterosexual are some of the most rabidly anti gay people there are.
No they are the ones who are trying to show the gay community what true love is.

Quote:
I don't choose to be gay. I choose to love and be happy in my life. I have no struggle with homosexuality at all. It is who I am! Like I told my own parents, I'm gay and you can either deal with it or I'll walk out the door and you'll never see me again. I have no time for ignorance disguised as Christianity.
You made the choice a long time ago. You do not struggle because you have given into the sin. See you were and are so hatefilled you dishonored your parents, another level of sin you have given into. No you have no time for truth and choose to live the lie.

Quote:
And for you, I hope you truly find happiness in your life, because I can't imagine the misery of trying to live life in total contradiction to my true self. No god would be so cruel as to create you gay and then tell you not to act on it. Then there is the pain inflicted upon families when gay people try to pretend they're not - take Ted Haggard for a perfect example. It's just so sad.
I found happiness when I made the right choice and married my wife. You would not be living in contradiction to your true self, you are doing that now. God did not create you gay anymore than he created Hitler evil. Ted Haggard is happy with his wife now and realizes he made a mistake by dishonoring God.

Quote:
There are plenty of Christians and Christian denominations out there who will accept you for your true self. And it's possible to be healthy, happy, and moral while in a gay relationship.
If it goes against scripture then it is not moral and you are merely happy in your sin. As for healthy there is nothing healthy about the gay lifestyle.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're right. Gay people are sick and tired of the crap we receive from people in this country. If you think Marriage is some religious/Christian institute, then how do you justify allowing non-Christians to marry?

Oh well, you're on the losing end my friend. Personally I don't care if it's called marriage or civil union or whatever. My partner and I have children, and we need the legal protection of having the government recognize our union. I have a dream, that someday, there won't be gay people who feel so intimidated as to live unfortunate, closeted lives as someone other than their true selves.
Government makes that decision and we as Christians must bow to the government. When homosexual marriage becomes legal then we must bow to that as well.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,206,482 times
Quote:
Quote:

I addressed the part by stating what I thought you meant since in your original quote you didn't state that. "Legal Status" to me (since I live about 2 hours from the border) has a VERY different meaning.

In fact when I type in "Legal Status" to the Google machine the first few results (out of 95,100,000) have to do with citizenship.

So surely you can see why I might make that mistake. Next time use terminology that more associated with what you are actually trying to say and stop blaming me for drawing the same conclusion that .. Google draws.

I'll take that apology now since two posts ago you said:

Quote:
I have shown you just how you twist or misinterprit what I say, you leave out a word here or there and add a few here or there and you ignore the context of my statements.

and now you say:

Quote:
Yes you presented and exact word for word quote but you only addressed part of the quote that suited your agenda. Legal status for their sexual orientation, meaning homosexuality was illegal and now is not.
Apology accepted Robin. That was big of you. Rep points coming your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or