U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,730,773 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Christians who argue in support of sin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,323,361 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No they are the ones who are trying to show the gay community what true love is.



You made the choice a long time ago. You do not struggle because you have given into the sin. See you were and are so hatefilled you dishonored your parents, another level of sin you have given into. No you have no time for truth and choose to live the lie.



I found happiness when I made the right choice and married my wife. You would not be living in contradiction to your true self, you are doing that now. God did not create you gay anymore than he created Hitler evil. Ted Haggard is happy with his wife now and realizes he made a mistake by dishonoring God.



If it goes against scripture then it is not moral and you are merely happy in your sin. As for healthy there is nothing healthy about the gay lifestyle.

You're a lost cause. Good luck in the closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,323,361 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Government makes that decision and we as Christians must bow to the government. When homosexual marriage becomes legal then we must bow to that as well.
You don't have to bow to it. I'll fight along side you to ensure your church has the right to not marry gay people. I'm saying this because this seems to be the false argument used by fundamentalists - that their church will be force to marry gay people. Not true, and not what gay people want. Churches have the right to marry or not marry whomever they choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,730,773 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You're a lost cause. Good luck in the closet.
Oh yes, we are all repressed, latent homosexuals.....I love that one. Denverian, if it wasn't in the bible then we wouldn't be having this debate.
Unfortunately for the world it is so what are we as Christians to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,213,812 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Oh yes, we are all repressed, latent homosexuals.....I love that one. Denverian, if it wasn't in the bible then we wouldn't be having this debate.
Unfortunately for the world it is so what are we as Christians to do?
Uhh fundy.. I believe he is referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If you must know for your own information, I did struggle with same sex attraction and have at verious times in my life, but have refused to give into such temptations, just as I have refused to give into the temptations of cheating on my wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,730,773 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You don't have to bow to it. I'll fight along side you to ensure your church has the right to not marry gay people. I'm saying this because this seems to be the false argument used by fundamentalists - that their church will be force to marry gay people. Not true, and not what gay people want. Churches have the right to marry or not marry whomever they choose.
Yes it's true under the law of discrimination and civil rights. A Christian photographer was sued because she refused to take pictures of a civil union. Do not fool yourself. This will happen. Churches who do work for the homeless funded by the government can't anymore unless they hire gay employees. These things have already happened. I can go on.

Of course we do, the bible commands Christian to respect and obey the law within reason. If the government tries to stop us from worshiping our God, well then they will have a fight on their hands but if it is about homosexuality? then that is not that important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
30,727 posts, read 49,538,109 times
Reputation: 19165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm assuming you are telling me this because you don't think my numbers are correct.

I'm also assuming you know the military employs civillian contractors.

Thus taking those two points together I can only assume you weren't thinking.

Keep trying though. I applaud your effort (golf clap)
Contractors are paid via their contracts.

Your numbers may be fine, but they do not reflect me.

I am outside of your numbers.

Most US service members who today receive a monthly paycheck from DFAS, are likewise outside of your two listed groups.

You have not yet considered the largest group of US service members currently receiving Federal paychecks.

More than AD and part-timers combined.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,213,812 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Contractors are paid via their contracts.

Your numbers may be fine, but they do not reflect me.

I am outside of your numbers.

Most US service members who today receive a monthly paycheck from DFAS, are likewise outside of your two listed groups.

You have not yet considered the largest group of US service members currently receiving Federal paychecks.

More than AD and part-timers combined.

You seem to have an indepth knowledge of the subject. I look forward to your source for your numbers and the number of personnel in the United States who are governed by military code. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,035,017 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You're a lost cause. Good luck in the closet.
Sorry but I have never been in the closet. I am pretty open about who I am and what I deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
 
3,270 posts, read 5,280,479 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes it's true under the law of discrimination and civil rights. A Christian photographer was sued because she refused to take pictures of a civil union. Do not fool yourself. This will happen. Churches who do work for the homeless funded by the government can't anymore unless they hire gay employees. These things have already happened. I can go on.

Of course we do, the bible commands Christian to respect and obey the law within reason. If the government tries to stop us from worshiping our God, well then they will have a fight on their hands but if it is about homosexuality? then that is not that important.
I think that the christian sister not photographing a gay couple's civil union is very extreme. The photographer was not providing the service for them to get their Civil Union, and had that been the case, then I would be in agreement and perfectly understand why she wouldn't want to do the civil union for the gay couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top