U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
30,737 posts, read 49,554,948 times
Reputation: 19169

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Paul said it well. when we war in the flesh.(since we cannot act out in unholy,ungodly emotions without being in sin) then we get way off course.

But why would you war with folks who have gone a different way? Steve Brown, a nice pastor of Miami siad it well. "witnessing is when one beggar tells another where to find bread. "

Remember the woman at the well? she had five husbands. Jesus didn't attack her. He invited her to drink living water. he did get to the truth , though. Jesus had a style we can only try to emulate. His message was always an invitation, not a condemnation to the struggling sinnner.
Good post !

Jesus also said to stop sinning.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,480,419 times
Reputation: 64033
Why is there a debate? If you're a good Christian you should love thy neighbor as thyself. Some how when it comes to homosexuals, the haters here seem to make up their own rules. All sins being equal and you are all sinners, you really have no reason to attack the gay population.

Also please understand that sodomy is no stranger to the heterosexual world. Sodomy can be both oral or anal. Men have been engaging in sodomy with women since the beginning of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
 
381 posts, read 684,820 times
Reputation: 161
clearly in galatians, Paul makes a long lists of folks who will not inherit the kingdom. jesus cleary said who the Blessed are.

therefore, I think you have raised a good point. This topic of gay marriage is such hot button issue. the haters that come out and demonstrate on both sides need to examine their acts and their hearts.

Love your nieghbor and Love God first...Jesus made it so simple. we make it so hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,036,041 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Why is there a debate? If you're a good Christian you should love thy neighbor as thyself. Some how when it comes to homosexuals, the haters here seem to make up their own rules. All sins being equal and you are all sinners, you really have no reason to attack the gay population.

Also please understand that sodomy is no stranger to the heterosexual world. Sodomy can be both oral or anal. Men have been engaging in sodomy with women since the beginning of time.
The marriage bed is not defiled, which many take to mean so long as you are married anything goes.

Yes sin is sin, but as we clearly see Jesus told everyone to go and sin no more, He never justified their sin as acceptable behavior and He could tell if they were truly repentant or not where we have to examine their fruit.

We are always considered haters for loving someone enough to share the truth with them. Look at homosexuality it entales multiple sins just as many sins start out small and excalate to encompass many. We have the sin of fornication, sodomy, idolotry, lust just to name a few when it comes to homosexuality. Jesus never taught anyone to relish in their sin, He always taught them to turn from it and reject it. Jesus never tolerated sin, but He had the advantage of knowing when they truly repented in their hearts that we do not have. The woman caught in adultry, He wasnt just addressing her sin, but the sin of the crowd to single her out while not even addressing the man involved, He knew her heart and told her to go and sin no more. The woman at the well, He counseled her, He already knew her sin and He offered her a better plan and left her with the words, go and sin no more. He healed the blind an the leper and told them to go and sin no more. The man lowered thru the roof,"your sins are forgiven" "pick up your cot and go and sin no more".

We are discussing the homosexuals because the topic is contantly thrown in our faces. We are considered haters because we want to say go and sin no more. They do not want to believe it is sin and even deny the parts of the scripture that says it is. We do not condemn them they condemn themselves. How can you go and sin no more if you wont even admit you are sinning. Christ did not come to save the righteous but the unrighteous and so long as you think you are righteous then you are accountable for your own salvation and Christ has nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,480,419 times
Reputation: 64033
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The marriage bed is not defiled, which many take to mean so long as you are married anything goes.

Yes sin is sin, but as we clearly see Jesus told everyone to go and sin no more, He never justified their sin as acceptable behavior and He could tell if they were truly repentant or not where we have to examine their fruit.

We are always considered haters for loving someone enough to share the truth with them. Look at homosexuality it entales multiple sins just as many sins start out small and excalate to encompass many. We have the sin of fornication, sodomy, idolotry, lust just to name a few when it comes to homosexuality. Jesus never taught anyone to relish in their sin, He always taught them to turn from it and reject it. Jesus never tolerated sin, but He had the advantage of knowing when they truly repented in their hearts that we do not have. The woman caught in adultry, He wasnt just addressing her sin, but the sin of the crowd to single her out while not even addressing the man involved, He knew her heart and told her to go and sin no more. The woman at the well, He counseled her, He already knew her sin and He offered her a better plan and left her with the words, go and sin no more. He healed the blind an the leper and told them to go and sin no more. The man lowered thru the roof,"your sins are forgiven" "pick up your cot and go and sin no more".

We are discussing the homosexuals because the topic is contantly thrown in our faces. We are considered haters because we want to say go and sin no more. They do not want to believe it is sin and even deny the parts of the scripture that says it is. We do not condemn them they condemn themselves. How can you go and sin no more if you wont even admit you are sinning. Christ did not come to save the righteous but the unrighteous and so long as you think you are righteous then you are accountable for your own salvation and Christ has nothing to do with it.
I have to laugh here, all of the sins you have listed are also committed my straight people. Here are your words: We have the sin of fornication, sodomy, idolotry, lust just to name a few when it comes to homosexuality. I know you're looking to "The Bible" to find reasons to hate a group of people you don't like. You'll just have to try harder. All sins being equal...take it from there Robin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,036,041 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I have to laugh here, all of the sins you have listed are also committed my straight people. Here are your words: We have the sin of fornication, sodomy, idolotry, lust just to name a few when it comes to homosexuality. I know you're looking to "The Bible" to find reasons to hate a group of people you don't like. You'll just have to try harder. All sins being equal...take it from there Robin

You are misunderstanding what I am trying to relate here. First I do not hate anyone, I fear for them and try to reach them with love. I understand that homosexuals and heterosexuals commit the same sins, but my point is that homosexuality no matter how you do it entails all these sin combined while heterosexuality within the marriage bonds contains none of these sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 10,027,218 times
Reputation: 58210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You are misunderstanding what I am trying to relate here. First I do not hate anyone, I fear for them and try to reach them with love. I understand that homosexuals and heterosexuals commit the same sins, but my point is that homosexuality no matter how you do it entails all these sin combined while heterosexuality within the marriage bonds contains none of these sins.
You have really been brave today Robin....taking on divorce and homosexuality at the same time!!! I understand where you are coming from with both. It's hard to convince there is love behind it and not hatred or bigotry, especially when dealing with homosexuality. Someone said it best at the beginning of one of the threads, can't remember which one or who. Nice to see the thread is still open!!

ETA: Here it is, I found it:

Originally posted by Freedom
Quote:
The controlling spirit of homosexuality does not allow much room for one that is in bondage to that spirit, to see that it is wrong.
Most have had to shut off that part of the consciousness in order to access the other parts of their lives with any assemblance of normalcy.

Very few if any will be able to discuss their situation as it being sin because of this hurdle. The more it becomes acceptable in society, the stronger the hold that spirit will have on this world and continue to lead the sons and daughters of God down the path of Obamanation.

Most of the discussions regarding gay choice end up being unproductive to those that are blinded in its practices.
one more ETA: TO FREEDOM.....I tried to rep you for that post, but I got to spread the love.

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 01-20-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,036,041 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
You have really been brave today Robin....taking on divorce and homosexuality at the same time!!! I understand where you are coming from with both. It's hard to convince there is love behind it and not hatred or bigotry, especially when dealing with homosexuality. Someone said it best at the beginning of one of the threads, can't remember which one or who. Nice to see the thread is still open!!

ETA: Here it is, I found it:

Originally posted by Freedom
I thank you. I was going to address more but got so busy with the two I changed my mind for now. I just want to get the word out there that we love those who are trapped in sin or damaged by others sins and that we want freedom for them all. I will tell you the truth, if I was not born again I honestly would not care for any of those people, because that is the sin I was trapped in, hatred and god freed me thru His son and showed me what true love was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 10,027,218 times
Reputation: 58210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I thank you. I was going to address more but got so busy with the two I changed my mind for now. I just want to get the word out there that we love those who are trapped in sin or damaged by others sins and that we want freedom for them all. I will tell you the truth, if I was not born again I honestly would not care for any of those people, because that is the sin I was trapped in, hatred and god freed me thru His son and showed me what true love was.
Amen!!! Freedom for all through Jesus Christ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 05:33 AM
 
381 posts, read 684,820 times
Reputation: 161
robin
not to beat a dead horse but I have reread your sentence over and over..
Quote:
homosexuality no matter how you do it entails all these sins combined while heterosexuality within the marriage bonds contains none of these sins
it reads like heteros don't sin in marriage, but homosexuals have the whole shopping cart.

Paul said if you break one part of the law you are guilty of breaking the whole law. If we reduce sinning down to which one is more detestable and we label as such and preach only on that point, then we forget the entirety of what Christ did.

you see, even the thief , who was guilty and receiving his due penalty was saved. Jesus is the master of the last second victory.

when we go too far down this hetero.homo thing we become a little like the older brother in the prodical son... think about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top