U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,923,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Sorry.
good thing you are forgiven in advance, eh?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,160,953 times
Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

God bless.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,730,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

God bless.
True! but how can you know what is right, what is honorable, what is pure if not for scripture. You can't go around thinking what feels good or what feels right is from God.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Please, Fundamentalist. Do you not see the beauty in God's creation? Do you not appreciate this? The scriptures declare the loveliness and goodness of God's creation. It is not wrong to dwell on this. Can you not be still and dwell on His presence and be enriched by this? If not, I am sorry for you...

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God..

God bless.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Please, Fundamentalist. Do you not see the beauty in God's creation? Do you not appreciate this? Can you not be still and dwell on His presence and be enriched by this? If not, I am sorry for you...God bless.
That is not what I am talking about. Of course you can see God in nature and appreciate but the most important ways are fellowshiping with brethren, reading your bible and praying everyday which the bible says again and again, the very thing that chap called, "weak"; not put yourself in some buddhist like state.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:40 PM

I am responding to the original post. I don't even think that it was intended to be a debate. DOTL was speaking of her experience in communing with God through nature and how this blessed her relationship with God.

Quote:
I knew what I had to do the very next day. I went to this place alone, not knowing why God was sending me there....I just knew I had to go. I told no one that I was going, and God led me to take pen and paper along also. It was the most awesome, inspiring experience I have ever had, and when I arrived God reminded me of a time when I was 7 years old and how I had spent time alone with Him in a chapel at a camp I attended in the mountains.

It was unbelievable!!! God had brought me there JUST FOR ME, to spend time with just HIM. He made me feel so special that day, letting me know He's been with me all along and that He remembers and appreciates my reverence even when I was 7 years old. I lost my way for many years, and it felt like everything had come full circle.

So as not to make this first post too long, I'll stop here and add more later. I've been trying for two weeks now to figure out how to share this on the board, and Bideshi just said the most beautiful thing about how we are to commune with God through the beauty of the nature that He created. His post was from God, no doubt.
Buddhist like state? She did not say anything about a Buddhist like state. Maybe you made some assumptions. God bless.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I am responding to the original post. I don't even think that it was intended to be a debate. DOTL was speaking of her experience in communing with God through nature.

Buddhist like state? She did not say anything about a Buddhist like state. Maybe you made some assumptions. God bless.

I know that was not what she was referring to but that is exactly what it is. "cease striving and know that I am God" I have no clue what this verse has to do with what I am talking about?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:48 PM

How do you know, Fundamentalist. Were you there with her?

Reflect. God bless.

"Meditate in your heart upon your bed and be still." Selah
Psalm 4:4

5On the glorious splendor of Your majesty
And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.
Psalm 145:5

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-18-2009 at 01:59 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,903,727 times
Cease striving...stop trying so hard to run the race and know God.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:58 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,025,224 times
[quote=ShanaBrown;7054501]
Quote:
I am responding to the original post. I don't even think that it was intended to be a debate. DOTL was speaking of her experience in communing with God through nature and how this blessed her relationship with God.
Thanks, Shana, and you're absolutely right. There is nothing to debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity