U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,021,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Three best words June's heard all day!

Take gentle, patient, loving care, DOTL!
Thanks June!!! Three words that kinda scare me. Fear of the unknown, I guess. They really do seem foreign to me, but very nice to hear and something I want to strive for.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
It's called sanctification! And each day DOTL...... it will become sweeter and sweeter! No matter what is going on around you!
Ahhh.....that's it!!! Sanctification!!! Thanks Curly!!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:35 PM

13,577 posts, read 21,736,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Thank you, Mystic!! No, we do not need to agree on the details.....we don't even have to discuss them!! Part of my understanding has been that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the ONLY ones who CAN do the rest. The Word needs to be shared, Jesus needs to be taught and my role is to project Jesus. I have failed miserably, and God had to draw me to a mountainside to get my attention about that.
LOL Dotl, you have not failed miserably, you have matured beautifully..Many times I know I come across very sarcastic and I apologize for not reading, rereading and reading once more before submitting..Amd many times I say things I really regret and find time has run out to delete my post So I apologize too..

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
LOL Dotl, you have not failed miserably, you have matured beautifully..Many times I know I come across very sarcastic and I apologize for not reading, rereading and reading once more before submitting..Amd many times I say things I really regret and find time has run out to delete my post So I apologize too..
Thanks Blue. I apologize to you also, you know what for. I was given some very good advice by someone here that we all know and love to not send a post until I have gotten up and walked away from it for a while and then come back and read it before sending.

I never followed that advice because of my impulse to pounce. Here's the thing about giving in to those impulses....if we have any kind of conscience at all, God works on that conscience and the guilt and shame can become unbearable. I don't sit around patting myself of the back, I feel terrible about what I say.

I have felt absolutely horrible about things that I have said that probably didn't seem that bad to people and they just passed it off as "oh well, there she goes again". God is our conscience, and I never associated that. If something is weighing on me that heavy that it keeps me awake at night then I need to go to a mountaintop and ask God to help me stop doing it!!! Duh.

So, dear A****, I'm going to take your advice and the advice of others as well, and pretty soon kind, gentle, patient and understanding will become part of me and I won't have to work so hard at it. Practice makes almost perfect. Striving for 1 oz. of Jesus' perfection.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,919,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
...... pretty soon kind, gentle, patient and understanding will become part of me and I won't have to work so hard at it. Practice makes almost perfect. Striving for 1 oz. of Jesus' perfection.
One of the really really nice assurances is that we all know you are going to blow it on occasion........but Jesus already has forgiven you, so there is no need for contrition......just get up from where you fell and keep on going.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,634,902 times
Ah...but the Master did not always use sweetness in His speakings! It depended on whom He was speaking to. I do not think calling folks, "Generations of vipers", would be acceptable on this forum. "Whitewashed sepulchers" would probably be frowned on here also. There are many other instances....

Old 01-20-2009, 06:44 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,736,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Ah...but the Master did not always use sweetness in His speakings! It depended on whom He was speaking to. I do not think calling folks, "Generations of vipers", would be acceptable on this forum. "Whitewashed sepulchers" would probably be frowned on here also. There are many other instances....
You are very right Marian, name calling has no place in this forum

Old 01-20-2009, 07:52 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,539,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
You are very right Marian, name calling has no place in this forum

Do you mean the truth has no place on this forum??

Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,713,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Do you mean the truth has no place on this forum??
The "truth" as people see it, yes, but name calling in an unkind way would seem incongruent with that supposed "truth," June would think...

Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,539,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
The "truth" as people see it, yes, but name calling in an unkind way would seem incongruent with that supposed "truth," June would think...

The truth can always be said with love. Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more. Was this being unkind? He told the rich man to sell all he had and give it to the poor and to follow Him. Was this being unkind? He whipped the money changers out of His Father's house. Was this being unkind?

Telling the truth is never unkind. It is what a true friend does in the name of love. If you really care about someone, I would think you would have to tell them the truth, otherwise, you are just endorsing their sin. There are many kinds of love. I prefer the type of love Jesus showed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity