U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 AM

13,573 posts, read 21,724,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Do you mean the truth has no place on this forum??
No, hon, I said "Name calling " has no place on this foum...Thetruth is welcom Of course that is jmho as always That was my post #77

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,536,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
No, hon, I said "Name calling " has no place on this foum...Thetruth is welcom Of course that is jmho as always

Alright sweetie, I promise I will always give the truth, that the spirit gives me I pray everyone else will do the same.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,015,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
You are very right Marian, name calling has no place in this forum
Oh.....Marian changed her name!?? I was wondering who Towhee was.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,015,150 times
[quote=Miss Blue;7082055]
Quote:
No, hon,
[quote=sandgirl;7082123]
Quote:
Alright sweetie
That's too funny. Isn't this considered "name calling"?????

Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 AM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
The truth can always be said with love. Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more. Was this being unkind? He told the rich man to sell all he had and give it to the poor and to follow Him. Was this being unkind? He whipped the money changers out of His Father's house. Was this being unkind?
Well as I frequently have tried unsuccessfully to point out to the would-be judgers and speakers of truth here . . . Jesus KNEW what the real truth was . . . we cannot ever be THAT certain . . . which is why we were chastised NOT to judge one another. Of course . . . if you feel comfortable assuming the mantle of infallibility that was Jesus' . . . go ahead . . . but there might be a price ("Depart from me . . .")
Quote:
Telling the truth is never unkind. It is what a true friend does in the name of love. If you really care about someone, I would think you would have to tell them the truth, otherwise, you are just endorsing their sin. There are many kinds of love. I prefer the type of love Jesus showed.
That is our charge . . . to show the love Jesus taught us by his example. The problem is . . . we are NOT Jesus . . . so there needs to be some humility and caution involved with truth-saying . . . lest we incorrectly believe their soul would be endangered by not hearing the truth when it is some triviality that needn't even be mentioned.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-20-2009 at 09:18 AM..

Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 AM

[quote=DayoftheLord;7082640][quote=Miss Blue;7082055]

Quote:

That's too funny. Isn't this considered "name calling"?????

Very well could be

Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well as I frequently have tried unsuccessfully to point out to the would-be judgers and speakers of truth here . . . Jesus KNEW what the real truth was . . . we cannot ever be THAT certain . . . which is why we were chastised NOT to judge one another. Of course . . . if you feel comfortable assuming the mantle of infallibility that was Jesus' . . . go ahead . . . but there might be a price ("Depart from me . . .")That is our charge . . . to show the love Jesus taught us by his example. The problem is . . . we are NOT Jesus . . . so there needs to be some humility and caution involved with truth-saying . . . lest we incorrectly believe their soul would be endangered by not hearing the truth when it is some triviality that needn't even be mentioned.

Aren't you a New Ager?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,720,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well as I frequently have tried unsuccessfully to point out to the would-be judgers and speakers of truth here . . . Jesus KNEW what the real truth was . . . we cannot ever be THAT certain . . . which is why we were chastised NOT to judge one another. Of course . . . if you feel comfortable assuming the mantle of infallibility that was Jesus' . . . go ahead . . . but there might be a price ("Depart from me . . .")That is our charge . . . to show the love Jesus taught us by his example. The problem is . . . we are NOT jesus . . . so there needs to be some humility and caution involved with truth-saying . . . lest we incorrectly believe their soul would be endangered by not hearing the truth when it is some triviality that needn't even be mentioned.
but aren't you doing the same you accuse Sandgirl of doing?, are you not judging her of claiming to know the truth therefore she is wrong in your opinion because no can know the truth except Jesus. If nothing is infallible then there is nothing infallible in what you have to say either so you have no basis to argue with Sandgirl "on the basis" that nothing is infallible furthermore if you make any type of statement then you are contradicting your own fallibility by making an infallible statement of knowing something to be true, "that nothing is infallible"

So why are we having this debate?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 AM

13,573 posts, read 21,724,553 times
I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding I may have caused on this thread....In this area of the country, where we are friends with everyone we call each other "hon" or "honey" almost constantly..It is a term of kindness and friendliness..I will be more careful as some may think it is name calling or insulting

Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 AM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Aren't you a New Ager?
Fundie accuses me of it . . . but that is his worst fault . . . judging who is and who is not a Christian so he can dismiss their views . . . he should be more careful about doing such things. I am a Christian because of my belief in Jesus . . . whatever Fundie and his literalist buddies might prefer to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity