U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 02:36 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If, in your mind, you're as "vile" as I am, then why are you so hung up on gay people?
Did I not say, that "WE" are vile creatures to God. I am not hung on gay people, what I am hung up is gays and "Christians" trying to convince people that homosexuality is not a sin and that the bible does not say it is. I don't care if you are gay, what I do care is the gospel and I will fend it with my life because without the gospel there is no truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 02:40 PM

454 posts, read 933,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
We ain't seen nothing yet.

This is just the birth pangs, wait till Darkness is fully birthed upon this world.

godspeed,

freedom
Obviously you were looking into the past. You meant the last 8 years I'm sure.

Darkness is about to meet the light!!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM

40,040 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You are a form of universalism because you don't understand the gospel. You believe that people can know Jesus without actually knowing. which makes no sense. Sorry that is a form of universalism.
Again I realize that in your wisdom you can determine who understands the gospel and who doesn't . . . but the purpose of knowing Jesus is to have the correct attitudes and behaviors "written in our hearts by the holy spirit" so there is no need for the law. Please explain Romans 2:13-15 then . . . as you understand it.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Obviously you were looking into the past. You meant the last 8 years I'm sure.

Darkness is about to meet the light!!!!
This world is in the dark, period whether it was Bush running the country or Obama. This world belongs to Satan.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,027,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You REALLY think you know it all, don't you? I feel sorry for those living in such a dark cloud of ignorance. You don't know me, don't know what I feel, or even know how I live my life. I'm a partner, a father, and a wonderful person. To have you sit there behind your keyboard and tell me that I don't love someone I've spent 14 years with, someone I've supported, and had children with - that's about as insulting as it gets!!
You have completely misunderstood me, I said love is a choice, loving someone of the same sex is not the problem, but giving into sexual temptation is. And if you are gay as you have said and are in a relationship with another gay man then you are hating the very person you say you love by maintaining a sexually immoral lifestyle with them. As I said if that person you are in a relationship with is a male then you have not had children with them because you must have a woman invloved to produce children and that opens even further transgressions to you already growing list therefore proving that just one sin can lead to many. The truth is insulting and that is why so many hate Christ, because they cannot handle the truth.

Quote:
Of course you then contradict yourself by saying that loving someone of the same sex isn't the problem, acting on it is the problem. You know what? I'm not living my life alone and in misery to please a few backwater bible literalists on the other side of the country. Believe what you want, hate as you please. Just keep it to yourself please. Unfortunately, the fundies in this country just don't seem to understand "live and let live".
Acting upon sexual immorality is the problem, love anyone you choose, but sex is not love. No contradiction, you are just misunderstanding. You would not be living your life in misery if you dedicated it to Christ ideal system for true love. Christ will not tolerate the live and let live mentality when He returns and you will be left without excuse. I am merely trying to help you and there has been no hatred in what I have shared.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Again I realize that in your wisdom you can determine who understands the gospel and who doesn't . . . but the purpose of knowing Jesus is to have the correct attitudes and behaviors "written in our hearts by the holy spirit" so there is no need for the law. Please explain Romans 2:13-15 then . . . as you understand it.
WOW....you actually quoted Paul? I thought he had primitive beliefs and barbaric understanding of God's word? You like to pick and choose scripture. Sorry Mystic, you have nothing to stand on but what the Holy Spirit says to you and we have is your word.

If you read all of Paul's writings he would not come close to agreeing with you. You can't pick and choose by allowing the "holy spirit" to move you into believing that verse is correct, this one isn't. You obviously were not given that gift of interpretation the bible talks about but neither was I which is why I learn from the people who were given the gift.

You either believe all of the bible to be the word of God or you don't.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
This world is in the dark, period whether it was Bush running the country or Obama. This world belongs to Satan.
Whether one is in the dark has nothing to do with your imaginary satan. It has to do with each individual and what their experience of life is. One can easily be in the dark by the process of their own destructive thoughts. It's easy to be in the light. Stop thinking you are in the dark.

If satan is the problem then you simply are using an easy excuse to be miserable. I would imagine religioius people would be happy, apparently not.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Whether one is in the dark has nothing to do with your imaginary satan. It has to do with each individual and what their experience of life is. One can easily be in the dark by the process of their own destructive thoughts. It's easy to be in the light. Stop thinking you are in the dark.

If satan is the problem then you simply are using an easy excuse to be miserable. I would imagine religioius people would be happy, apparently not.
Actually I am quite happy. You do realize this a Christian forum? Unbelievers are the walking dead, blind to the vileness of the world, they are unregenerate. I am not in the dark unbelievers are. This world is Satan's kingdom.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Actually I am quite happy. You do realize this a Christian forum? Unbelievers are the walking dead, blind to the vileness of the world, they are unregenerate. I am not in the dark unbelievers are. This world is Satan's kingdom.
I don't care what you say, you sound like you are miserable.

I believe in the mirror theory. What you see in others is a reflection of yourself. Quote from me.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I don't care what you say, you sound like you are miserable.

I believe in the mirror theory. What you see in others is a reflection of yourself. Quote from me.
LOL...What verse is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or