U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Right fundie.. I'll type slow here..

I simply said the 10 Commandments would violate US law. Thats it nothing more.

I said nothing of using it to run a government.

I will however remember your "systematic theology" theory in other threads. How I can say "just look at it as a whole.. pay no attention to the scripture you quoted".

Me likey that ALOT!
It doesn't. We all know its wrong. He wrote His laws in our heart. We all knows its wrong to steal, we knows it wrong to commit adultery, to commit fornication, to commit homosexuality. It is unlawful to run away from home, it is unlawful to strike your parent, it is unlawful to lie to police, court, it is unlawful. The rest of the commandment are common sense that keeps you from trouble. People who desire money in banks etc... leads to cameras being installed so they don't get that desire. There are so many laws, rules, regulations that have stemmed from the 10 commandments. Which is a product of God writing THE LAW in our heart. It has great affect on our society as a whole. Sorry ain't buying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,205,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It doesn't. We all know its wrong. He wrote His laws in our heart. We all knows its wrong to steal, we knows it wrong to commit adultery, to commit fornication, to commit homosexuality. It is unlawful to run away from home, it is unlawful to strike your parent, it is unlawful to lie to police, court, it is unlawful. The rest of the commandment are common sense that keeps you from trouble. People who desire money in banks etc... leads to cameras being installed so they don't get that desire. There are so many laws, rules, regulations that have stemmed from the 10 commandments. Which is a product of God writing THE LAW in our heart. It has great affect on our society as a whole. Sorry ain't buying.
if its written in our heart.. why the need to write it down.. in stone tablets no less..

The 10 Commandments violate US Law

Whether you "buy" it or not is of no concern nor does your "buying" it have anything to do with the factual nature of what I've stated.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,223 times
Quote:
I have no idea why any responsible Christian would base a constitution off the Ten Commandments alone or a passage, you must take the bible in its entirety. It's called systematic theology. You are trying to turn it into something its not.

The Ten Commandments is used to expose sin, bring people to Jesus Christ not run a government
Seriously...Scripture, please. Expose?

Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM

2,743 posts, read 6,484,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You have completely misunderstood me, I said love is a choice, loving someone of the same sex is not the problem, but giving into sexual temptation is. And if you are gay as you have said and are in a relationship with another gay man then you are hating the very person you say you love by maintaining a sexually immoral lifestyle with them. As I said if that person you are in a relationship with is a male then you have not had children with them because you must have a woman invloved to produce children and that opens even further transgressions to you already growing list therefore proving that just one sin can lead to many. The truth is insulting and that is why so many hate Christ, because they cannot handle the truth.

Acting upon sexual immorality is the problem, love anyone you choose, but sex is not love. No contradiction, you are just misunderstanding. You would not be living your life in misery if you dedicated it to Christ ideal system for true love. Christ will not tolerate the live and let live mentality when He returns and you will be left without excuse. I am merely trying to help you and there has been no hatred in what I have shared.
Moderator cut: Personal attack Sex is PART of that love. And as far as two gays people loving eachother and raising children ..... in what I have observed many gay couples do a lot better job of raising kids than many straight couples I know.

THAT is what is important. Not what somebody perceives as being immoral.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-20-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Wow, I would hate to be married to you. Sex is PART of that love. And as far as two gays people loving eachother and raising children ..... in what I have observed many gay couples do a lot better job of raising kids than many straight couples I know.

THAT is what is important. Not what somebody perceives as being immoral.
You do realize this is a Christian forum, right? where the bible says, homosexuality is immoral. What's important is what the bible says.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
Quote:
You do realize this is a Christian forum, right? where the bible says, homosexuality is immoral. What's important is what the bible says.
Keep the laws........keep quoting the laws.....that will get you into heaven and make you a better man.......or will it?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 PM

1,097 posts, read 3,581,817 times
I wouldn't say the commandments would necessarily violate US law, but it's simply inaccurate to say that US law was based in or somehow originates from the commandments. The only US laws that are similar to commandments are laws against murder, theft, and perjury. Is there a civilized country anywhere in the world, arising from any religious or secular tradition that doesn't have these prohibitions?

Old 01-25-2009, 12:07 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,424,467 times
[quote=LogicIsYourFriend;7079612]"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved-- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"
-John Adams, letter to Thomas Jefferson

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
-Benjamin Franklin in Poor Richard's Almanac

"In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the lack of it." -Benjamin Franklin

Just a few of the many quotes.
[/quote .............ANY FOOL CAN QUOTE AND MOST DO.....ENCLUDING ME..............QUOTES ARE ALWAYs OUT OF CONTEXT .People who can't study and think will swallow anything...........(goggle Jim Jones.the peoples temple)..........mass trances are real, then and now...."we all serve somebody".DYLAN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or