U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:59 PM

783 posts, read 1,183,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
[Salvation] Not remotely . . . it warns of false Christs . . . those claiming to BE CHRIST.
Correct, and those false Christs’ are offering what to those who follow them?

Quote:
BOTH sides are judged by WORKS.
"Those on the right" were doing good works out of their authentic faith in Christ not to “win salvation” they were doing the work God laid out for them.
See Ephesians 2: 10
Quote:
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
"Those on the left" did good works to win approval and salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 AM

40,036 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Correct, and those false Christs’ are offering what to those who follow them?
False fulfillment of the prophesy that establishes Jesus' authenticity. No Buddhists do that. No Hindus do that, etc.
Quote:
"Those on the right" were doing good works out of their authentic faith in Christ not to “win salvation” they were doing the work God laid out for them.
See Ephesians 2: 10

"Those on the left" did good works to win approval and salvation.
This is utter nonsense. They BOTH were judged on their works. Those on the right DID them . . . those on the left DID NOT! Don't be disingenuous. It doesn't hurt to admit error.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 AM

740 posts, read 1,839,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
George talked "Christian," Obama walks the walk.......
REALLY? Really.... Maybe you haven't seen Obama's stance on abortion? Maybe you didn't know that he voted against the ban on PARTIAL BIRTH abortion where the doctor (if you can call him that) pulls the baby out breech (all but the head) and uses scissors thru the chin to make an hole for the vacuume hose to go in and suck out the babies brains... Maybe you didn't see where Obama voted "NO" on the "Born Alive Act" where it would be required for an abortion clinic to give a baby medical attention who was born during a botched abortion. Not only did he vote no on this act, he also was the only senator to speak against the bill. Really? walking the walk? Have you heard what trash his preacher was teaching him for 20 years?

Barack Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment, which failed by a vote of 49-48.“I was reminded that it is my obligation not only as an elected official in a pluralistic society, but also as a Christian, to remain open to the possibility that my unwillingness to support gay marriage is misguided,” Obama wrote in his recent memoir, The Audacity of Hope.

Yea... walkin the walk... NOT

Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 AM

783 posts, read 1,183,081 times
Quote:
False fulfillment of the prophesy that establishes Jesus' authenticity. No Buddhists do that. No Hindus do that, etc.
I'm sorry; you lost me on false fulfillment and Buddhists & Hindus.

Quote:
They BOTH were judged on their works. Those on the right DID them . . . those on the left DID NOT! Don't be disingenuous. It doesn't hurt to admit error.
"Those on the left" were busy doing works just not the works set forth for them by Christ.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 AM

40,036 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
I'm sorry; you lost me on false fulfillment and Buddhists & Hindus.
The only one prophesied about was Christ . . . anyone who FALSELY claimed to be Christ was claiming fulfillment of that prophesy. None of the other groups do that!
Quote:
"Those on the left" were busy doing works just not the works set forth for them by Christ.
Read it again . . . they were the EXACT SAME WORKS! Please stop being disingenuous and simply admit to your error in attributing it to a "faith only" paradigm. I tire of this evasion.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
The above is an excerpt from an article about Bishop Robinson and the inauguration. It's evident that our country has changed spiritually during the past 50 years. How sad that secular Christianity is trumping biblical Christianity. If we were ever on a downward spiral, we most definitely are now.
Self Evident Truths: Obama's Inauguration - Rick Warren, Gene Robinson and Whiny Americans

I am sure that Rick Warren will use the bible and the name of our Lord Jesus in his prayer..

Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 AM

122 posts, read 201,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
Sounds great. However, it is impossible to be truly happy and deny our Creator and almighty Father in heaven.

Quote:
BTW, cool username!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:09 AM

31,358 posts, read 19,602,296 times
A baby born before 23 weeks cannot survive even with medical intervention. That is because the blood vessels in the babies lungs are not fully developed and CANNOT receive oxygen from the lungs.

Many women, unfortunetly, have rupture of the membranes or an unstopable labor before 23 weeks gestation. In the event of ruptured membranes, if the baby is not delivered from the mother within 24 hours, the mother has a high risk of becoming seriously ill from infection of the uterous. Often labor is induced to end the pregnancy. In either case, the baby dies!

Jill Stanek's testimony is not truthful. There is no possible way that a baby surrives for hours before 23 weeks as she has testified.

The bill you are referring to and which you beat Obama up for, does not allow for these events. Medical personal would be forced to attempt a resusitation of a baby with no hope. This would cause needless suffering for baby and mother and cost thousands of dollars for a futile attempt.

Before you "crucify" someone, learn the facts of what you are fighting for!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A baby born before 23 weeks cannot survive even with medical intervention. That is because the blood vessels in the babies lungs are not fully developed and CANNOT receive oxygen from the lungs.

Many women, unfortunetly, have rupture of the membranes or an unstopable labor before 23 weeks gestation. In the event of ruptured membranes, if the baby is not delivered from the mother within 24 hours, the mother has a high risk of becoming seriously ill from infection of the uterous. Often labor is induced to end the pregnancy. In either case, the baby dies!

Jill Stanek's testimony is not truthful. There is no possible way that a baby surrives for hours before 23 weeks as she has testified.

The bill you are referring to and which you beat Obama up for, does not allow for these events. Medical personal would be forced to attempt a resusitation of a baby with no hope. This would cause needless suffering for baby and mother and cost thousands of dollars for a futile attempt.

Before you "crucify" someone, learn the facts of what you are fighting for!

I have a baby in my church that was born at 24 weeks.. he just turned 2. So I guess that one week makes all the difference in the world?

Here are some quotes from the O himself about why he voted against the "Born Alive Act"

1. The IL Born Alive Infant Protection Act was a ploy to undercut Roe v. Wade. During a debate against Keyes in October 2004, Obama stated:

Now, the bill that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade.... At the federal level, there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have voted for that bill.

This was an out-and-out lie. The definition of "born alive" in the federal and Illinois versions were identical. The only difference came in paragraph (c), which was originally identical in both versions but changed on the federal level.

3. Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal principle. In the same USA Today piece, Obama said he reflected on that first answer, decided it was a "typically liberal response," and revised it:

... But my opponent's accusations nagged at me.... If I am opposed to abortion for religious reasons but seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all.

illinoisreview: Top 10 reasons Obama voted against the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act

And yes, I have heard many horror stories about babies born in these abortion mills. And I don't agree with your thinking that all of them are unfounded. Many of these abortion mills like that of G. Tiller in KS are preforming partial birth abortions... Statistics on Post-Viability Abortions Performed by George Tiller (http://www.abortiontv.com/Methods/GeorgeTiller.htm - broken link)

Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 AM

31,358 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I have a baby in my church that was born at 24 weeks.. he just turned 2. So I guess that one week makes all the difference in the world?

Here are some quotes from the O himself about why he voted against the "Born Alive Act"

1. The IL Born Alive Infant Protection Act was a ploy to undercut Roe v. Wade. During a debate against Keyes in October 2004, Obama stated:

Now, the bill that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade.... At the federal level, there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have voted for that bill.

This was an out-and-out lie. The definition of "born alive" in the federal and Illinois versions were identical. The only difference came in paragraph (c), which was originally identical in both versions but changed on the federal level.

3. Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal principle. In the same USA Today piece, Obama said he reflected on that first answer, decided it was a "typically liberal response," and revised it:

... But my opponent's accusations nagged at me.... If I am opposed to abortion for religious reasons but seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all.

illinoisreview: Top 10 reasons Obama voted against the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act

And yes, I have heard many horror stories about babies born in these abortion mills. And I don't agree with your thinking that all of them are unfounded. Many of these abortion mills like that of G. Tiller in KS are preforming partial birth abortions... Statistics on Post-Viability Abortions Performed by George Tiller (http://www.abortiontv.com/Methods/GeorgeTiller.htm - broken link)
These are example of facts skewed to anger people and fight for a cause.
Only 1.1 % of all termination of pregnancies occurs after the 21st week.

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

Just as the testimony of Jill Stanek is total fiction (or she didn't have a clue what was going on), most information put out there about abortion is propaganda. Should people with religious convictions want to decrease abortion, they should start by being truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or