U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,206,887 times

Advertisements

how did this thread turn from a prayer to abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:19 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,906,491 times
Because they are agenda driven "Christians." And the agenda has nothing to do with salvation, only their outrage at other peoples choices.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:01 AM

178 posts, read 348,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The "Father in Heaven" created all people. Remember, your God, according to your Bible, rescued Hagar and Ishmael from certain death in the desert after Abraham kicked them out of the camp. Ishmael is the father of the Arab nation as well as Islam. Therefore, we have a direct example of God showing love and respect for people He knew would not have Christian descendents.
Hagar and Ishmael were sent away at the demand of Sara. Abraham felt troubled over this since he was a good man and friendly with everyone. God told Abraham to listen to his wife and send them away. He said that since Ishmael was Abrahams seed, that He will create a great nation from him. However, we see in Psalm 83 that Asaph pleads with God to not ignore the attempts and plans of the several nations who would destroy Israel and God's people.

83:4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
83:5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
83:6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
83:7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
83:8 Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot.
Selah.

As far as God having love for all of His children, this is not disputed. He loves all of us, even when we sin.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 AM

3,570 posts, read 7,932,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post

Would you care to expand on that?
The majority of Europe is living in a post modern society. They are very anti-Christian.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 AM

3,570 posts, read 7,932,545 times
Please stick to the OP. This thread is not about abortion. Start your own thread and do not hijack this one.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 AM

178 posts, read 348,894 times
This thread is, as someone mentioned, in error since the bible will be used at the inauguration. However, the issue is the choice of an openly gay and non-apologetic homosexual to give a prayer at the inauguration. This man has an opportunity to speak to the entire world, and he chooses to not openly profess his faith in Christ but to apologize for it.

He can take a stand about his sexuality, but will not take a stand for Christ.

He has no problem with announcing to the world that he is gay, but he will not announce the gospel of salvation through Christ.

He will adhere to the secular demand to be politically correct, but will not adhere to Christ's demand to be biblically correct.

He will be a witness to the diversity of religions in this nation, but he will not be a witness to the world about the truth that is in Christ Jesus.

He will acknowledge that the holy word of God is not accepted by everyone, but he will not acknowledge that God's word is the only truth and law.

He declares that the Holy Word is a sacred text, but he will not declare it before all.

Can anyone who claims to be a child of God and a bondservant of Christ support these actions of this supposed "man of God"?

Last edited by antjraf; 01-18-2009 at 09:36 AM..

Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,906,491 times
There will also be a woman pastor, and a conservative evangelical, giving invocations. As President of the United States of America, Obama will be President of all people. That he has three Christians of various denominations and of various faith positions is laudable. I am somewhat surprised that he did not offer a similar opportunity to the Jewish, Muslim, and Pagan communities......they too are Americans.....loyal, patriotic, staunch defenders of the Constitution. But that he offered the more radical elements of the Christian community (and I include the evangelical in that group) a pulpit indicates that he is, fwiw, a Christian and he recognizes the biases towards Christianity in this nation. Asking from only a select narrowly defined group of Focus on the Family approved evangelicals would be typical of the more narrow minded and separatist Republicans and George........not the inclusive administration being created by Obama.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,717,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
There will also be a woman pastor, and a conservative evangelical, giving invocations. As President of the United States of America, Obama will be President of all people. That he has three Christians of various denominations and of various faith positions is laudable. I am somewhat surprised that he did not offer a similar opportunity to the Jewish, Muslim, and Pagan communities......they too are Americans.....loyal, patriotic, staunch defenders of the Constitution. But that he offered the more radical elements of the Christian community (and I include the evangelical in that group) a pulpit indicates that he is, fwiw, a Christian and he recognizes the biases towards Christianity in this nation. Asking from only a select narrowly defined group of Focus on the Family approved evangelicals would be typical of the more narrow minded and separatist Republicans and George........not the inclusive administration being created by Obama.
There are no conservatives at the inauguration. Rick Warren is not a conservative, he is hardly a evangelical and by his universal, liberal beliefs where he is consistently compromising the gospel so people would like him leads me to question his Christianity.

The rest you said, I don't know....sounds a little narrow minded to me.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 AM

40,060 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The rest you said, I don't know....sounds a little narrow minded to me.
I was going to let this one go . . . but a huge red flag is a red flag hard to resist, Fundie . . . were you able to write this with a straight face?

Old 01-18-2009, 11:08 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,717,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I was going to let this one go . . . but a huge red flag is a red flag hard to resist, Fundie . . . were you able to write this with a straight face?
Pretty much because it is the truth. I was a liberal, I remember how misguided I was. I remember the liberal propaganda. Too many liberal Christians are caught with this world when they should set their affections above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or