Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
May I ask what authority? and if you say the Holy Spirit, then what you are saying, is anybody can interpret those verses differently and all interpretations would be right? Is that what you are saying?
My brother Fundy . . . whatever interpretation brings you to Jesus and causes you to follow his example . . . is right for YOU. The most important thing is following Jesus and his example . . . not WHY you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
Let's get back to the original premise of the thread which seems to be the man Barack Obama chose to give the prayer at his inauguration.

He has said...

Well, which one is it?
He means he will not openly profess the faith of Christ Jesus to the nation, which means that he is denying Christ and the faith to which he claims he adheres to.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My brother Fundy . . . whatever interpretation brings you to Jesus and causes you to follow his example . . . is right for YOU. The most important thing is following Jesus and his example . . . not WHY you do.
Unless you repent and have faith is the most important. Are you saying, 15 people could have 15 interpretations of salvation and they are all right?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Red face Fundamentalist,

where are your ears today?

YouTube - To make you feel my love

So much for invisible authorities!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
where are your ears today?

YouTube - To make you feel my love

So much for invisible authorities!
Ever heard that song, "Feelings nothing more than feelings"

Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Unless you repent and have faith is the most important. Are you saying, 15 people could have 15 interpretations of salvation and they are all right?
No . . . those are only the means to the end . . . repentance and remorse are the motivation to correct your life . . . faith in Jesus is the guarantee that it will be worth it . . . actually working to know Jesus personally and feel him in your consciousness correcting your stray thoughts and feelings and bringing them in tune with God and the holy spirit is what is most important.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . those are only the means to the end . . . repentance and remorse are the motivation to correct your life . . . faith in Jesus is the guarantee that it will be worth it . . . actually working to know Jesus personally and feel him in your consciousness correcting your stray thoughts and feelings and bringing them in tune with God and the holy spirit is what is most important.
I am yet to see that verse, however repentance and faith is all over the bible then the Holy Spirit dwells inside of you.

I asked you a question 15 people with 15 interpretations of salvation. Are they all right?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:03 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Arrow I did, yes.

Quote:
Ever heard that song, "Feelings nothing more than feelings"

In quite another context. Are you that torn?

In need to talk to someone, personally? Without fear? Trust?

???

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM

178 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
He means he will not openly profess the faith of Christ Jesus to the nation, which means that he is denying Christ and the faith to which he claims he adheres to.
We shall see.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
In quite another context. Are you that torn?

In need to talk to someone, personally? Without fear? Trust?

???

Not really you see I based the word of God off scripture, you however base it off feelings, whatever feels right? (Jeremiah 17:9) "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

(1 Timothy 4) 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

How do you know you have the right spirit without scripture telling you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity