U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:17 AM

3,267 posts, read 5,271,379 times

Advertisements

I was just inspired to ask this question because I read a post by someone who openingly admitted about struggling with a particular sin.

Being a christian is admitting our faults and knowing that we need a savior to help us. Also being a christian is us SURRENDERING ourselves over to the Lord, and basically giving up those things that are hindering our spiritual progress.

With that said, I began thinking about the things that I have been holding on to that hinders my spiritual progress. WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING THAT WE ARE STRUGGLING WITH.

So, Think about the things that are hindering your spiritual progress, and what are you doing scripturally to help you grow. Are you associating yourself with other godly people so that you can be held accountable to grow spiritually as well?

Last edited by antredd; 01-18-2009 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 AM

740 posts, read 1,840,142 times
Me, myself and I...

Old 01-18-2009, 05:41 AM

381 posts, read 683,840 times
hey antredd,

I die daily. and I have always seen the benefit to renew my mind. I put on the whole armor because the enemy never sleeps as we see in Zechariah 3. God has never allowed me to be tempted beyond my ability to withstand becuase I die daily, and I renew my mind. in the morning preferably.

the struggle comes becasue as humans we get tired. the enemy knows this and seems to love to launch his salvo of fiery darts when I am tired. uusally happens when I come home and see the wife and start to get adjusted. I leave every week for half of it. this is a pilot's lifestyle.

the struggle comes because when your tired , you struggle to endure it... that is why the bible says don't let the sun go down on your anger.

if you understand nothing else about marriage, learn the art of forgiveness. If you cannot master forgiving others in christ and crucifying your flesh, you don't understand the truth and the truth has not set you free, and you are not free indeed. that is why the verse says, "leave you gift at the altar and go reconcile ,,, then come back "

Nice topic BTW.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 AM

14 posts, read 36,227 times
a lot of things.. sex is one of em.. (outside M that is.)
all that is not from god you might say..

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 AM

738 posts, read 1,694,937 times
The apostle John wrote: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."1 John 5:19.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,715,728 times
The only thing hindering my spiritual growth is me..It all comes down to the choices I make..

Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,010,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The only thing hindering my spiritual growth is me..It all comes down to the choices I make..
Amen!!! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,600,216 times
I get up everyday determined to walk in love. These are easy to words to say, but to spend a whole day never passing judgment on every single person who crosses our path or not remembering any past offenses....is more than tough. As I say all the time....it would truly be easier to sacrifice a goat.

My failures only hinder my faith because 'my heart condemns me'....but I figure as long as I'm giving it a good daily try....it keeps me too busy to mess up in all the other areas.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:03 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,271,379 times
I have been blessed by all of your posts. All are very inspiring for anyone struggling with something.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,261,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Me, myself and I...

Good to see you ibcwife.....
I so agree with "me, myself and I" those three are trouble and will cause such stuggles and weaknesses that will try to hinder the will of God in our lives.

BUT..... we have the promises of God to overcome...

Phil.1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

2 Cor.12:9
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

Phil.4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Phil.4:19
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Matt.5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or