U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,872,309 times

Advertisements

Before taking Holy Communion, the Pastor should give a firm warning.

(I Corinthians 11:29-30) "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many
sleep."

If someone has any seed of sin in their hearts, they should not take Holy Communion; and, Pastors should warn their congregations.

(I Corinthians 11:28) "But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,724,295 times
That is a given. I don't know why Pastors are getting away from the bible? That is not the way for the Holy Spirit to grow your church.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:54 PM

1,367 posts, read 2,919,382 times
Communion is a very holy, personal experience with God, or at least it's supposed to be. To the day I die, I will never forget watching 2 teenage girls in the pew in front of us clink their communion glasses together and drink them like they were drinking shot glasses at a bar and laughing after. The Lord's Supper is to be taken seriously and not light-hearted. We have so much on our minds these days, but taking the Lord's Supper is a time to reflect and examine our lives.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:06 PM

342 posts, read 468,854 times
The Lord's Supper is to be received with reverence and thanksgiving.....if we are not right with the Lord or do not know the Lord as our Saviour we should refrain......but instead pray and ask forgiveness of our transgressions knowing and trusting all the while that the Lord's Supper commmerates the COSTLY sacrifice of Jesus body and blood on the cross for the remission of man's sins.......This is why we partake of it..... if we are contrite in spirit and humble ourselves before the Lord he will count us as worthy to participate.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:09 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,773,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

(I Corinthians 11:29-30) "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many
sleep."

If someone has any seed of sin in their hearts, they should not take Holy Communion; and, Pastors should warn their congregations.

(I Corinthians 11:28) "But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup."
That's why there is a confession of sin and an absolution prior to communion. It gives the parishioners the ability to come clean and resolve to live better before accepting the Eucharist.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:24 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,419,243 times
Red face Shepherds over the flock:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

sleep."

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Throughout the Bible image of Shepherd is an important one. God provides Shepherd,Teachers and Pastors for His people to watch over them, guide and care for them, and lead them. From Mose in the Old Testament to Jesus in the New Testament, God the Father provides faithful, devoted leaders after His own heart. God rules with a heart of knowledge and understanding, not falsehood and deceit.
The word WOE a harsh message from Jesus of Judgment. Shepherds: In ancient Middle East, the ideal of Great king Ps 3: 1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. And was reflected in the reign of David, the shepherd-king, But instead of protecting and nurturing the nation, the shepherd kings of ISRAEL had scattered and not attended to or “visited” the people.
The people had not sought the Lord, nor had the priests, rulers, or prophets. Those who should have known God most intimately did not know God at all. The rulers transgressed against God and His Covenant.
The prophesied in the name of Baal rather than God. In Judah’s lifestyle, instead of correcting their erroneous behavior, the people were engaged in perpetual backsliding, falling deeper and deeper into sin and despair. Hold Fast: In stubborn defiance, the people clung to their lives in deceit or “treachery.”
God give the responsibility of maintaining justice Judah’s, Pastors, leaders had become Dull-Hearted as in Hebrews 5: 7 – 14 7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
10Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Dumbfounded by the chastisement that God the Father had brought upon them.
Because the leaders of the people had sought God with a whole heart, they would not prosper with the growth of the flocks. Instead the Shepherd would lose their flocks. The people would be scattered like sheep. Jeremiah: Some scoffers dared to defy The living God and the word revealed through Jeremiah, taunting the Lord to bring the judgment threatened by His spokesman, Jeremiah pointed out that he took no pleasure in proclaiming judgment. He remained a devoted Shepherd who was intimately concerned for his own people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity