U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 AM

2,529 posts, read 3,872,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I certainly hope I did'nt offend you mzjamiedawn. I just like to get straight to the point about matters concerning our Lord Jesus Christ. To answer your question, I personally don't see anything as "must dos". All Betsey see is Christ Jesus, and know that Salvation is a free gift from God. The Holy Spirit of God does the inside work. I feel with OBEDIENCE, to all His Words, not some, mind you....................ALL His Words, the Spirit of God will lead you, right where you, mzjamiedawn, suppose to be. Right where Betsy suppose to be. Right where Whomsoever will obey, suppose to be. Bless.

Picture this: Christ waving, saying, 'Come!".............the Holy Spirit: tugging, drawing, pulling...............then, being embrace by God Himself, "You're here my child, welcome home."

To me, it's that simple. Denomination and rules and regulations will keep you out of a loving relationship with your Father. All it requires is obedience to His Words.

Hopes your day brings you awesome revelation about Christ today too!!
Betsey, you didn't offend me. I had just hoped for straight forward answers to my questions, so thank you very much for answering them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 AM

322 posts, read 657,060 times
The first step to salvation is repentance. That event is enacted by the HOLY SPIRIT upon a person being saved. Without real repentance, a person will not be saved. Just saying a little written down prayer is worthless. The heart must recieve the move of GOD leading the sinner to repentance. Then one must recieve faith in JESUS CHRIST. Confessing sins is a part of repentance.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,010,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You know, after I wrote what I did this morning to you, I thought the same exact thing! I thought, I'm weak right now, but God knows this, so why don't I ask Him to forgive me, and maybe that will help me on my road back to Him. So I did. I prayed for a quite a while, sharing with Him what I am feeling, why I feel that I just can't go back to attending services 3 times a week right now, but asked Him to please forgive me and help me get back on the path that HE wants me on. I realized I'm never going to be perfect, and to wait for that to happen, I will never come back to Him. I know that He has forgiven me of all sins I've repented of.

You're right in part, when you say I'm stuck in some kind of demoninational legalism, which is why right now I don't feel I can go back to services 3 times a week. Baptism has nothing to do with it though, as I was baptized about 15 yrs ago.

I haven't been posting lately, but was moved yesterday to ask about "ACT" being works as well...which led to today's posts...which led to me asking forgiveness. I'm really glad I did now.
Whoo-hoo!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! You just made my year, Jamie!!! (jumping up and down, no emoticon for that) I'm SOOOO, sooooo happy right now!!! I was so worried you would be offended, and that's the last thing I want to do. Praise God that He is working in you too!!!

God loves you so much, and the angels are all jumping around too. Forget about the other stuff for now, that can all be worked out. Legalism can be traumatic and cause nearly anyone to stumble and question anything and everything. Don't worry about church right now....I'm still working on that one myself.

Your personal relationship with Jesus is on solid ground now, and all the garbage is laying at his feet. Let Him do all the work.

I think I have to go run around in the yard now.....this might be a perfect time to deal with the neighbor!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Many blessings to you, Jamie....honey, sweetie, sugarplum, darling etc, etc.

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 01-20-2009 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,662,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You know, after I wrote what I did this morning to you, I thought the same exact thing! I thought, I'm weak right now, but God knows this, so why don't I ask Him to forgive me, and maybe that will help me on my road back to Him. So I did. I prayed for a quite a while, sharing with Him what I am feeling, why I feel that I just can't go back to attending services 3 times a week right now, but asked Him to please forgive me and help me get back on the path that HE wants me on. I realized I'm never going to be perfect, and to wait for that to happen, I will never come back to Him. I know that He has forgiven me of all sins I've repented of.

You're right in part, when you say I'm stuck in some kind of demoninational legalism, which is why right now I don't feel I can go back to services 3 times a week. Baptism has nothing to do with it though, as I was baptized about 15 yrs ago.

I haven't been posting lately, but was moved yesterday to ask about "ACT" being works as well...which led to today's posts...which led to me asking forgiveness. I'm really glad I did now.
Praise the Lord!

When I read your earlier post, I thought.. "why don't you bring it all to God, because Jesus died for you and can be your righteousness!" I thought of telling you that, but it looks like God told you! It's amazing how much He loves us... I'm sure people were praying.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,582,303 times
[quote=mzjamiedawn;7083399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

You and Him, and your walk, with Him. Bless.

Your friend in Christ Jesus

Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM

9,728 posts, read 3,535,167 times
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. ACTS 17:30,31

Old 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Excellent scripture!! Thanks Sandgirl!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,627,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. ACTS 17:30,31

Old 01-21-2009, 12:24 PM

I've been thinking about the scripture you posted Sandgirl. It keeps reminding me of MzJamieDawn's repentence post and how awesome it is and how excited I still am about it. I think I'll post it here.....

Originally posted by mzjamiedawn
Quote:

Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,872,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I've been thinking about the scripture you posted Sandgirl. It keeps reminding me of MzJamieDawn's repentence post and how awesome it is and how excited I still am about it. I think I'll post it here.....

Originally posted by mzjamiedawn
Thank you, DOTL! I'm still excited too. It was a great day to wake up to today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or