U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 PM

9,728 posts, read 3,536,120 times

Advertisements

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ROMANS 6:23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Thank you, DOTL! I'm still excited too. It was a great day to wake up to today!
AMEN!!! That's so WONDERFUL!!!!

God is GREAT!! Having the burden of our sins lifted cannot be described. It can't be compared to anything of this world....literally!!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, Seek, Knock

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Jesus is waiting for you to knock, so He can open the door. He is waiting for you to ask, so you can receive Him.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 PM

I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
They look to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried out,
And the Lord heard him,
And saved him out of his all troubles.
PSALMS 34:4-6

Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,490,821 times
Jesus died for our sins, so it is in him that we have life. He is the author of our faith, so he is also the finisher of our faith. So it is in him that we are saved.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Verse of the day from Biblegateway

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”- Ephesians 6:12-13

We are truly in the deep throes of a spiritual battle between good and evil, and it would appear that evil is reigning supreme right now. That is not the case and never will be according to God's word. We must battle evil and put on the full armor of God but we know that good wins by God's own words. Things must get worse before they get better, it is prophesied in the Bible. The ONLY way to eternal salvation is through Jesus Christ and the only way to withstand this battle is to walk with the Winning Warrior. Life will be better through Christ here on earth no matter what happens, and eternal life will be fabulous because of our faith in Jesus. The tremendous trials we face here are temporary and the reward far outweighs that.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

1 Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" —

There are no words to describe what the Lord has in store for those who love him and who endure until the end.

2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”- Ephesians 6:12-13

We are truly in the deep throes of a spiritual battle between good and evil, and it would appear that evil is reigning supreme right now. That is not the case and never will be according to God's word. We must battle evil and put on the full armor of God but we know that good wins by God's own words. Things must get worse before they get better, it is prophesied in the Bible. The ONLY way to eternal salvation is through Jesus Christ and the only way to withstand this battle is to walk with the Winning Warrior. Life will be better through Christ here on earth no matter what happens, and eternal life will be fabulous because of our faith in Jesus. The tremendous trials we face here are temporary and the reward far outweighs that.

AMEN, DotL!! There is a battle raging for the soul of every human being. It is a battle between life and death, and we are the territory that is being fought over.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM

3,525 posts, read 2,449,222 times
There IS a battle raging, you're right about that Sandgirl and Day. If someone cannot not see that as evidenced right here on this board, then they truly are blind.

THat's why I'm leaving. Keep the faith, soldiers!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
AMEN, DotL!! There is a battle raging for the soul of every human being. It is a battle between life and death, and we are the territory that is being fought over.
My how quickly threads fade away....I'm really concerned with the amount of threads being started and how quickly interest fades. It's become too much to keep up with.

Northsouth and Sandgirl get it.....all this chatter and confusion is completely useless and fruitless to God's purpose. We are living in the last days, and God revealed to me what is important to Him, not us. We should be good stewards of the Word, and focus on the lost. He does not want anyone to perish. Let's try to teach and love like Jesus did, and keep it simple like it was meant to be.

“You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.”- Psalm 86:5

Matthew 28:18-20
The Great Commission
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or