U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,012,239 times

Advertisements

What must we do to be saved? Saved from a life without hope, the hope that only comes with knowing Christ, and saved from eternal damnation.

1. A = Acknowledge your sin before God
2. C = Confess your sin to Jesus
3. T = Trust Jesus as your Savior and Lord

ACT now.

What does the Bible teach? What is going to happen?

1. Nothing and NO ONE can hide from God
2. All people will stand before God - ALL
3. Not written - not admitted

If your name is not written in the book of Life, then there will be no admission into heaven.

ACT now, accept Jesus as your Savior because our time is short. You are a precious person in God's eyes, and He has a plan for you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,717,680 times
I have noticed something but when I confess and acknowledge my sins to God and ask Him to help me eradicate it, that bond of that particular sin is weakening.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have noticed something but when I confess and acknowledge my sins to God and ask Him to help me eradicate it, that bond of that particular sin is weakening.
Amen, Fundie!!! It's a process. God understands our weaknesses and the more we come to him in prayer about it, the less power the sin has over us. What an amazing God!!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:39 PM

3,525 posts, read 2,448,641 times
Nice thread, Day. Simple. Just like God intended it.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
What must we do to be saved? Saved from a life without hope, the hope that only comes with knowing Christ, and saved from eternal damnation.

ACT now.

What does the Bible teach? What is going to happen?

1. Nothing and NO ONE can hide from God
2. All people will stand before God - ALL
3. Not written - not admitted

If your name is not written in the book of Life, then there will be no admission into heaven.

ACT now, accept Jesus as your Savior because our time is short. You are a precious person in God's eyes, and He has a plan for you!!!
What a wonderful thread.....Blessings to you, DOTL!!

Agree with ya... Northsouth! Simple, just like God intended! John 3:16

Man complicates and hinders the work of His Holy Spirit, putting stumbling blocks in the path of many....

Blessings....

Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
What a wonderful thread.....Blessings to you, DOTL!!

Agree with ya... Northsouth! Simple, just like God intended! John 3:16

Man complicates and hinders the work of His Holy Spirit, putting stumbling blocks in the path of many....

Blessings....
HI Curly!!!
Thank you!! If people would take these simple steps to come to Jesus, then everything else will follow. That's the beauty of it.

Blessings to you!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,583,176 times
Thanks DayoftheLord, finally a thread we all can agree on!! Go girl!!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,663,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

ACT now.
It is true that when God is calling us, now is the time... but the only way we can act is to respond to His call; we can't "muster up" our own faith. And I'm so thankful that He has been (and is) so incredibly longsuffering to this poor sinner.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,872,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Thanks DayoftheLord, finally a thread we all can agree on!! Go girl!!
I wouldn't quite say that. This thread is incorrect to those of us who believe you must be baptized to be saved. I do not want to start another debate on baptism, but I do have a question. I will ask it, listen to your answers, but not debate the answers, because I sincerely just want to know your reasoning.

Question is... for all of you that say baptism is not necessary because it's a work, and there is nothing we can do, or have to do to be saved...why is it then you believe you must acknowledge, confess, and trust? Aren't these works as well? If you cannot do anything to obtain salvation, why do you have to do these things? If you have to do these things, why is it so wrong to say you have to be baptized?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,583,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I wouldn't quite say that. This thread is incorrect to those of us who believe you must be baptized to be saved. I do not want to start another debate on baptism, but I do have a question. I will ask it, listen to your answers, but not debate the answers, because I sincerely just want to know your reasoning.

Question is... for all of you that say baptism is not necessary because it's a work, and there is nothing we can do, or have to do to be saved...why is it then you believe you must acknowledge, confess, and trust? Aren't these works as well? If you cannot do anything to obtain salvation, why do you have to do these things? If you have to do these things, why is it so wrong to say you have to be baptized?

Thanks in advance.

Girl, if you can't or won't do these these things: Acknowledge, repent/confess and obey, then you ought to be able to save yourself! Acknowledging sin is the first step to being reconciled back to God. If we confess our sin and acknowledge Jesus as Our Lord and Saviour, we will be saved from the consequence of our sins.

The plan has being laid, all then that is needed for the above is obedience. Is that too much work for you to do? And if the term "work" is too hard of a pill to swallow, called it a gift, for it truly is.

The true question that you need to be asking then is: Can I? Save myself that is? Well, can you? You want to know what work is? Try saving yourself. What a burden you'll have to carry........... Nevertheless, think on these things and be bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or