U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,342,288 times

Advertisements

so RC or Catholics dont consider Mary as the coredeemer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
we are all connected threw the body of christ. Through the Holy spirit, Through christs church. Death doesn't break that connection. There body might be dead, but their spirit is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 AM

sorry we dont bow down to statues

that's as blatant as it gets

if you can't see that yourself then i dont know what to tell you

Quote:
what does bowing have to do with worship? You never bow when you pray? Your response is so stupid I barely know how to respond to it.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
so RC or Catholics dont consider Mary as the coredeemer?
Well no. Jesus is the one who redeemed humanity. But, without mary saying yes, saying "let it be" There would not have been Jesus to redeem us. So while she didn't redeem us, We can thank her for bring the redeemer to our world. Even YOU can't deny that

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
sorry we dont bow down to statues

that's as blatant as it gets

if you can't see that yourself then i dont know what to tell you
What does that have to do with worship. Tell me. I bow when I'm passing under a low ceiling in a cave, Am I worshiping the cave?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,150,535 times
Quote:
then how can you say this (marked in red) when it makes it an oxymoron?
If a person does what the Bible says to do in order to be saved, they will be saved. That is Jesus's promise and His promise is certain and sure. A person can do those things and be saved, and still attend a Catholic Church (or Mormon or Jehovah's Witness) and not get serious about the doctrines of that church. If they are saved and do not get immersed in the dogma, I expect to see them in God's Kingdom. Jesus paid the price for all of our sins, even idolatry. It's what they believe, not what church they attend, that matters. I attend a church that has doctrines with which I don't agree. I like the fellowship and haven't found a better church to attend. I will not be removed from the Book of Life for fellowshipping at this church. If we do what the Bible says we must do to be saved, we will be saved. It is God's promise. Are there none who call themselves Catholic that have done those things?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM

I never said what church they attend but what they do

You (not the church) can't be an IDOLATER and a Christian

YOU make the choice to worship mary/saints or NOT
It's not the church that does that...it's YOU who follows what they teach.

Like I mentioned before
You can't worship idols and worship Jesus
Whether you want to call that mormonism, jehovah witnesses, paganism, catholicism, etc....it doesnt matter what you call it will still be against God's Word that teaches against idolatry.

I dont know of any Catholic who doesnt worship mary or the saints or pray to mary or the saints. Just like I dont know any Jehovah Witness who doesnt believe that Jesus isn't the ArchAngel Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If a person does what the Bible says to do in order to be saved, they will be saved. That is Jesus's promise and His promise is certain and sure. A person can do those things and be saved, and still attend a Catholic Church (or Mormon or Jehovah's Witness) and not get serious about the doctrines of that church. If they are saved and do not get immersed in the dogma, I expect to see them in God's Kingdom. Jesus paid the price for all of our sins, even idolatry. It'd what they believe, not what church they attend, that matters.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I never said what church they attend but what they do

You (not the church) can't be an IDOLATER and a Christian

YOU make the choice to worship mary/saints or NOT
It's not the church that does that...it's YOU who follows what they teach.

Like I mentioned before
You can't worship idols and worship Jesus
Whether you want to call that mormonism, jehovah witnesses, paganism, catholicism, etc....it doesnt matter what you call it will still be against God's Word that teaches against idolatry.

I dont know of any Catholic who doesnt worship mary or the saints or pray to mary or the saints. Just like I dont know any Jehovah Witness who doesnt believe that Jesus isn't the ArchAngel Michael.
Then you don't know any true catholics.CATHOLICS DO NOT WORSHIP ANYONE BUT GOD. Just cause you ask someone for a prayer to god doesn't mean you worship them. WE DO NOT WORSHIP MARY AND THE SAINTS. How can I make that clearer?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM

it would greatly help us if you had the definitions changed in the dictionary

pray
to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship)

wor-ship
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred

Quote:
Then you don't know any true catholics.CATHOLICS DO NOT WORSHIP ANYONE BUT GOD. Just cause you ask someone for a prayer to god doesn't mean you worship them. WE DO NOT WORSHIP MARY AND THE SAINTS. How can I make that clearer?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM

oh this one also

nec⋅ro⋅man⋅cy
a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead;

here's another

idolatry
1.the religious worship of idols.2.excessive or blind adoration, reverence, devotion, etc.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM

16,437 posts, read 19,150,535 times
Quote:
If a person believes Jesus is an angel then they are clearly not saved. It is likely that there are many in the Watchtower that don't know that much about JH theology. I know many who call themselves Catholic that know less about Catholic doctrines than I (a non-Catholic) do. Again, the point is what a person believes, not the church they attend. I maintain that if people would really read their Bible instead of just listening to preachers (and priests) they would find much is wrong with the doctrinal teachings of almost every denomination in existence. A church that taught only pure Bible teachings wouldn't be commercially viable. It wouldn't turn a profit. That's why you probably can't find one. The Bible doesn't tell us to attend church. It says we are the church. It says that we should not neglect communing with one another (fellow believers) but doesn't detail how, where, when or how often. Almost all church traditions are traditions of men for men's purposes.

My Lord Jesus said "You must search the scriptures". You must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or