U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,266,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen.

God works through us and we are only His instruments. It's His work that draws individuals to Himself and we are a part of that work. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 AM

852 posts, read 1,199,157 times
I agree with many here...It is not I who leads people to Christ...I simply plant the seeds (this seeds which God gave me) and then He does the rest. I take no glory in those who have came to Christ...it is God's glory.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:20 AM

13,574 posts, read 21,726,369 times
Absolutely none..I try to just be a good gardner who plants seeds with gentleness and love...and prayer...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,631,682 times
I am sad to say that some that I have helped in teaching, who obeyed the gospel, have fallen away.
I pray that they will return.
At least my dear mother was faithful to the end.
Who knows how many are reached through the word of God posted here?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,295 times
We must utilize every moment possible for winning souls to Christ. "Redeeming the time" means taking advantage of every opportunity that presents itself for doing God's work, amen? 2 Timothy 4-5

Reading most of the above postings, it can be concluded that we are in unison that, it is indeed the Holy Spirit of God that does the inside work. Can we agree?

Some believe that we ought to do nothing. That they, as "Christians" should live such an exemplary lifestyle, thus, allowing sinners to be won to Christ. In my opinion, and it's MY OPINION: If we were to wait on such, none would come!

Read Matthew 28: 19 and 20

As for the number of souls that you "think" you've won to Christ Jesus, with all due respect, only God truly knows their hearts. Nevertheless, we ought to be spreading the good news of our soon coming King, to whomsoever will listen, the more the merrier.

Bless.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I am sad to say that some that I have helped in teaching, who obeyed the gospel, have fallen away.
I pray that they will return.
At least my dear mother was faithful to the end.
Who knows how many are reached through the word of God posted here?
Your absolutely correct in stating: Who knows how many are reached through the Words of God posted here. Powerful. I'm glad your mother made it. You will see her again. Run the race and endure to the end, we're almost there! Blessing.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM

You should be passing through here more often..

Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 AM

11,918 posts, read 14,148,305 times
I was influenced to come to the Lord, not necessarily by an exemplary lifestyle led by others, but maybe I saw their faith in spite of difficulties, saw how they depended on God even though they themselves were not perfect. Even listening to another person without being judgmental or condemning and letting them know that you have been there, can relate, can be one way. I believe that God works through us in many ways to point others to Him. God bless.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,030,637 times
I have been a link in the chain for bringing many to the Lord but personally I cannot take credit for winning any because that is the Lords job.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I was influenced to come to the Lord, not necessarily by an exemplary lifestyle led by others, but maybe I saw their faith in spite of difficulties, saw how they depended on God even though they themselves were not perfect. Even listening to another person without being judgmental or condemning and letting them know that you have been there, can relate, can be one way. I believe that God works through us in many ways to point others to Him. God bless.
Absolutely!! Different strokes for different folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or