U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,952 times

Advertisements

I Didn't say or assume what God said to me was the ABSOLUTE truth for another!!! Or give any certain version ......Again......Those are your words!!

Doing the twist thing! You like Chubby Checker?

You are trying to make my post say something it isn't saying.....
I won't argue with you...God loves you!
But.....
I'll be praying for you MysticPhD....

Blessings

Quote:
You know what bothers me to some of the replies to those that the Holy Spirit has spoken to a heart about reading or doing things that may not be good or beneficial for an individual to do.
That they scorn the individual in honoring and obeying the Lord in their choices.
Telling them they don't know what their talking about.....

That scares me! You know the Lord gave me a warning not to read it some time ago and during that time I just shared in that thread what the Lord had led me to, confirming His will in my life and I was so treated with contempt, that I was not strong enough in the Lord to read it (and that person has no idea about my walk in Him) and was told the minister's that had spoke out against it didn't know what they was talking about..... it was awful............

How can a people tell other's they're wrong in listening to the Lord in their heart. Even if it is just a book....the Lord tells us if we do something and feel it is wrong, we are not to do it and if we do it is sin....it is all about obedience unto the Lord regardless if the book is harmless..... that is not the point...

An individual has much more maturity that they turn away from what other's think and have been given the ability to discern the will of God in their life and that they don't have to follow the trend of other's and that they choose to listen to God!!!
........please listen to what you are saying to individuals, you actually telling them God doesn't know what He is talking about to them....

I really believe their are going to be many surprises for those who are so scornful to other's and telling them to go ahead and read it and not to be threaten by other's that are giving warnings.....Oh dear, that is scarey... when God has directly spoken to a heart or feeling uncomfortable not to do something and the reactions of those by telling them it is OK by them, not to listen to God.

We should be an encouragement showing compassion and understanding by helping that one in honoring the Father no matter what it is......even such as something as a book!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,028,776 times
I am sorry to interupt the conversation, but if the Lord warns you to not do something, you should share that warning with others. Now before I get railroaded, it is possible that you are a little closer to the Lord at a particular time and those who do not hear the same warning may be caught up in a particular sin that has them deaf to the truth and they may be hearing the leading of the devourer sounding like the Lord Himself. Just a thought and in no way imposing by beliefs on others. Look back at the prophets and apostles, they continuously warned the weaker of what God wanted because the weaker were caught up in certain sins, therefore placing a barrier between themselves and God while opening the door to the evil one without even realizing it.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
The Shack paints it own "politically correct" picture of the trinity and the nature of God..........this is why "many will be deceived" in these end times....."Like it or not" Jesus Christ comes the second time not as a humble infant or a middle eastern guy in a plaid shirt; but as the Lion......He comes to separate the chaff from the wheat.....READ YOUR BIBLE>>>>>>>>.Salvation will ONLY be attainable to those who REPENT of sin and trust in Christ's atoning sacrifice and who OBEY Him.....God is not some "old lady or father christmas figure"......God sent his son to save Man thru the blood of his only begotten son Jesus Christ who bled and died on the Cross......the "punishment" for man's sin was laid on Jesus Christ who died a slow agonizing death, forsaken by God himself......So that man would be saved, He did this out of Love for man........No man will be saved because he is sincere or a "good person".......Jesus HIMSELF is the way the truth and the LIFE, not the "idea" of Christ or the "ideals" of Christ......Don't Be Deceived....God is not mocked. Fear of the Lord is the beginninig of WISDOM.....Jesus told us to fear God who can destroy both body and soul in Hell....(do not fear the critcism of men they can only destroy your body)......for those who humbly confess their sins and trust in Jesus Alone for their salvation, they will be saved READ ACTS 4:12
Great Post. The forbidden fruit was harmless, it was obedience God saught.

Mystic, we go round and round about this and I feel you may not even realize what you are doing, but twisting someones words is a tool of the evil one even if your intentions are noble.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am sorry to interupt the conversation, but if the Lord warns you to not do something, you should share that warning with others. Now before I get railroaded, it is possible that you are a little closer to the Lord at a particular time and those who do not hear the same warning may be caught up in a particular sin that has them deaf to the truth and they may be hearing the leading of the devourer sounding like the Lord Himself. Just a thought and in no way imposing by beliefs on others. Look back at the prophets and apostles, they continuously warned the weaker of what God wanted because the weaker were caught up in certain sins, therefore placing a barrier between themselves and God while opening the door to the evil one without even realizing it.
I'm sure it is easier for some to believe they are closer to God than the others they chastise . . . I tend to have a bit of a problem respecting people that self-righteous myself.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Amen!!! This is so true, I have been there in my life and know how one can be blinded for a season and yes, we do need other's to help and lead us, that is what a spiritual leader or elders are about....

We are to warn and pray, then let the Holy Spirit lead those individuals into the truth....
And whatever it maybe for some it may not be beneficial for that one the Lord is speaking too. And we should encourage that one, it is a good thing when one is hearing the Lord directing them in the way they should go.....even if it is a silly book!!!

Blessings.....Robin!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I'm sure it is easier for some to believe they are closer to God than the others they chastise . . . I tend to have a bit of a problem respecting people that self-righteous myself.
I am sorry you have once again misunderstood me. We do not set ourselves up as selfrighteous, but if we hear from God and share what we hear maybe it should give someone pause to reflect where they are currently standing with God. You know it is like pulling the beam out of your eye to see the speck in anothers, it goes both ways. If what someone says is from God, then you can compare it to scripture to see if they are true or not. But twisting someones words to shout them down is no way to operate and one becomes a stumbling block to another.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen!!! This is so true, I have been there in my life and know how one can be blinded for a season and yes, we do need other's to help and lead us, that is what a spiritual leader or elders are about....

We are to warn and pray, then let the Holy Spirit lead those individuals into the truth....
And whatever it maybe for some it may not be beneficial for that one the Lord is speaking too. And we should encourage that one, it is a good thing when one is hearing the Lord directing them in the way they should go.....even if it is a silly book!!!

Blessings.....Robin!
Thank you, but I know that I must repent regularly if I want to hear from the Lord and it came hard for me to go to another in love and share what I felt the Lord was telling me for the simple fact that many will attack what they cannot understand due to their own sin clogging their ears and blinding their eyes. We must take up our cross daily to be of any use to the Lord.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM

55,665 posts, read 74,620,384 times
well now you went and did it. now im guna read the book.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Thank you, but I know that I must repent regularly if I want to hear from the Lord and it came hard for me to go to another in love and share what I felt the Lord was telling me for the simple fact that many will attack what they cannot understand due to their own sin clogging their ears and blinding their eyes. We must take up our cross daily to be of any use to the Lord.
Amen!! Can so relate to your post!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:27 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,872,751 times
My daughter, who is 21, read this book and loved it. She asked me if I wanted to read it, and after her telling me some about it, I told her no thank you. With all that's been said about it here, maybe I should read it, come to my own conclusion about the book, and that way if I think it's heresy as some has said, I can talk with my daughter about it.

I know she has told my brother and his wife all about it, and want them to read it. They are babes in Christ, so now I'm a little worried...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity