U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
 
598 posts, read 830,965 times
Reputation: 139

Advertisements

God never showed up at any church ... never, ever ... leaving billions banging their heads praying there for thousands of years alone ... no signs of God ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,637,852 times
Reputation: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
God never showed up at any church ... never, ever ... leaving billions banging their heads praying there for thousands of years alone ... no signs of God ...
Hmmmm, God is always with the church...the body of Christ. They do not have to be in a special building, or even in a building at all!
Is it totally impossible to comprehend that a building is not the church, or a church????

Is a house a home if nobody lives in it? Is a building a school if there are no students? The church building is merely a meeting place, nothing more.

Last edited by Towhee; 01-07-2010 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,271,548 times
Reputation: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Hmmmm, God is always with the church...the body of Christ. They do not have to be in a special building, or even in a building at all!
Is it totally impossible to comprehend that a building is not the church, or a church????

Is a house a home if nobody lives in it? Is a building a school if there are no students? The church building is merely a meeting place, nothing more.
EXACTLY.....no different than Christians meeting in a home, restaurant, workplace, etc...to fellowship, edify, teach, etc...

So why is it so many INSIST that one has to "attend church" in a building with the name of a church on Sunday to be considered a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
 
178 posts, read 349,953 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
EXACTLY.....no different than Christians meeting in a home, restaurant, workplace, etc...to fellowship, edify, teach, etc...

So why is it so many INSIST that one has to "attend church" in a building with the name of a church on Sunday to be considered a Christian?
Social Conditioning. People have been conditioned to believe that being a good and faithful child of God consists of: being a member of a "church" where every member meets on Sunday to pay in advance and listen to a monologue speech by an admitted STATE official (head of statutory 501c(3) organization) without any interaction with the members and accepting the fact that this "church" is under the control and regulation of the STATE in which it...

submitted -

Submit means to agree to bend to another’s will or to ‘leave to another’s discretion’. An agreement is a contract and must be entered into voluntarily. If you are leaving something to someone else’s discretion, it must have been yours to begin with, right? Again it is voluntary in nature. You can never be lawfully compelled to submit.

an application

‘Application’ legally means ‘to beg, plead, petition, implore, entreat or request’ The assumption this creates in court is fivefold; 1) he who begs knows exactly what he is begging for, 2) he knows exactly what he is giving up for it, 3) he is acknowledging the authority to grant OR 4) he is creating it through transference, and 5) he is doing it all voluntarily.

and registered


‘Registration’ was historically the act of a Ship’s Captain signing over his ship and all chattel contents over to the harbour master for safekeeping. Chattel contents included the condemned, those in debt, prisoners, anything that could be bought or sold and slaves.

with said STATE as its creation.

The creator is sovereign over its creations.

Who is the true god of this type of church?

Think about it.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
 
696 posts, read 784,474 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
God never showed up at any church ... never, ever ... leaving billions banging their heads praying there for thousands of years alone ... no signs of God ...
Ive seen him constantly. Maybe you have not opened your eyes and seen him, but I have. Of course like Jesus said when asked if the pharasies were blind too, you claim to see so your sin is upon you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
593 posts, read 652,080 times
Reputation: 157
For me, worshipping with other believers is a priviledge and blessing from God. Whether a building, stadium, riverfront or where ever. My heart is on worship, the rest of the world is on principalities.
If we are preaching Christ Crucified, would we also preach, do not go to church in a building with other believers? Maybe that is the day someone will be saved by Christ, in a building called a church.
We who are not drinking milk, know the scriptures, however for some new believers, this is their lifeline to growth in Christ, they need the stability of other believers in a church community . How do we know where, when and how the Holy Spirit will work?
Every church I have attended is flawed, however I do not focus on this. I focus on what Christ is saying and doing in His people. I'm not looking for a big event, in fact it is better without the big events. The true believers stand and come for the same reason I do. To recieve the priviledge of worshipping God together. The building may be gone tomorrow, but I will still be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
 
696 posts, read 784,474 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
For me, worshipping with other believers is a priviledge and blessing from God. Whether a building, stadium, riverfront or where ever. My heart is on worship, the rest of the world is on principalities.
If we are preaching Christ Crucified, would we also preach, do not go to church in a building with other believers? Maybe that is the day someone will be saved by Christ, in a building called a church.
We who are not drinking milk, know the scriptures, however for some new believers, this is their lifeline to growth in Christ, they need the stability of other believers in a church community . How do we know where, when and how the Holy Spirit will work?
Every church I have attended is flawed, however I do not focus on this. I focus on what Christ is saying and doing in His people. I'm not looking for a big event, in fact it is better without the big events. The true believers stand and come for the same reason I do. To recieve the priviledge of worshipping God together. The building may be gone tomorrow, but I will still be there.
Excellent point. I lament some who stay home and quote where 2 or 3 gather there will I be. I am a loner and even I could not simply do this. We must get together at some point. This is the unity in Christ. Without it we never grow to our full potential. Its like leaving a flower in a room with artificial light. Give it the sun and it will be so much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,637,852 times
Reputation: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
EXACTLY.....no different than Christians meeting in a home, restaurant, workplace, etc...to fellowship, edify, teach, etc...

So why is it so many INSIST that one has to "attend church" in a building with the name of a church on Sunday to be considered a Christian?
Hebrews 10;25 " not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,"
The early Christians came together every first day of the week.
Do you think each of the 7 churches of Asia, in the book of Revelation, assembled together?
The early Christians participated in partaking of the Lords Supper every first day of the week. Do you propose doing that in a workplace?
I think all those reasonings are just an excuse to not do as the example that was set for us. It is a dislike for authority....even Christ's authority.
It is the same as saying: "Don't tell me what to do"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM
 
178 posts, read 349,953 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
For me, worshipping with other believers is a priviledge and blessing from God. Whether a building, stadium, riverfront or where ever. My heart is on worship, the rest of the world is on principalities.
If we are preaching Christ Crucified, would we also preach, do not go to church in a building with other believers? Maybe that is the day someone will be saved by Christ, in a building called a church.
We who are not drinking milk, know the scriptures, however for some new believers, this is their lifeline to growth in Christ, they need the stability of other believers in a church community . How do we know where, when and how the Holy Spirit will work?
Every church I have attended is flawed, however I do not focus on this. I focus on what Christ is saying and doing in His people. I'm not looking for a big event, in fact it is better without the big events. The true believers stand and come for the same reason I do. To recieve the priviledge of worshipping God together. The building may be gone tomorrow, but I will still be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Excellent point. I lament some who stay home and quote where 2 or 3 gather there will I be. I am a loner and even I could not simply do this. We must get together at some point. This is the unity in Christ. Without it we never grow to our full potential. Its like leaving a flower in a room with artificial light. Give it the sun and it will be so much more.
Neither of these posts deal with the issue of an admitted inferior, subordinate and essentially SLAVE to the STATE in the form of a "church" (501 c(3) organization) which voluntarily sought PERMISSION from a legal and fictional construct (STATE) to assemble and practice their faith and beliefs.

The true church is IMMUNE to the rules and regulations of the STATE; why then did your pastor, preacher, reverend, minister, rabbi, imam etal, beg and plead of a fictional entity to worship their God when God has already ordained and given unto you inherently the right to worship Him according to His Law and His Will?

Why seek the permission of an inferior to do something that is your inherent birthright granted to you by your Creator?

Why attend a "church" which offered itself unto a false sovereign?

The status quo is not something to aspire to. Seek out the true Kingdom of God and pray to the Almighty for the truth to be revealed to you. This is a prayer that will never be unanswered or ignored for it is against God's very nature to deny a sincere truthseeker that which He desires you to have; the true knowledge of your Father in Heaven which will set you free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
 
696 posts, read 784,474 times
Reputation: 66
Antjraf as your whole post is like looking into a mirror and continually repeating a sentence to convince yourself of the validity of that sentence I wont repeat it.

As I am new here, but no less knowledgeable than many I will tell you of one of my term papers. It was one of the best I ever wrote. It drew on Christians who could not seperate State from Church or more so democracy from church. It was one of my highest graded papers. With due respect it sounds more like your hiding behind the use of state than actually leaving your house and looking. I do not doubt your Christianity, but in my work I have seen many Christians sit in thier house and suffer needlessly because they see what you see. There are churches out there and while I admit many are in apostasy they are some left. I promise you the time is near, but not yet. There are a few left. Maybe you might find one? My pastor looks to the eternal as I do and even sees some of the apostasy you see, but to simply discount all of them based on your fear of the state is a weakness.

Not to mention you cant witness if you sit at home. I go to Soldier's Homes with my church. I have done work at home for kids who lost their parents in Isreal. I have witnessed in psych wards to patients (some who speak like you). I have apologized to as many women I have committed adultery with as I can find even from 20 years ago in high school. All with Christ and my church. What truth need you find sir I have not displayed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top