U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,323,361 times
Reputation: 10428

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I was not attacking your family I merely made a statement and then elaborated upon it that you are denying your children a mother.

If you could care less then perhaps this is not the place for you a nd maybe you need to go elsewhere and have your debate since you do not want a civil discussion.
And that's an insult - to claim I'm incapable of mothering my children, when you have no idea how I parent or what goes on in my home. I believe children need to be mothered and fathered, and those quaities can both be found in many gay relationships. I believe you're insulting me and you know it - you're just hiding behind religion.

But you've never answered some of my questions - do you know any gay people/couples/parents? What, in your mind, would be common ground?

 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,676,003 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Plenty of studies by such propaganda and hate groups as the "Family Research Council". How many sets of gay parents do you know? I'm guessing none. I know many, and I know how their kids have turned out.

What "common ground" are you looking for? I see none, other than what I suggested - live and let live.

The only way you're going to find common ground with me is for us both to move to another subject thread and drop this nonsense. What do you even expect to accomplish here? You obviously have issues with homosexuality and seem like you want to find some sort of validation for your choicees.
I know this really great kid whose mother left his dad for another woman. Really screwed up a nice family that already existed.
After a couple years, the boy finally got the right to go live with his dad, and leave that horrible setting, he chose to leave his team mates behind and leave the area rather than having to watch his mother have a physical and emotional relationship with another woman, it tore this boy up, his friends were kind and supportive. He couldn't say goodbye to them and left just last week. But they all understood.
His mother was very selfish, and her choice to go be with the other woman was not in the least bit something God looks at as righteous.

I know of other families in the same scenario, and the kids are not happy or being shown a normal example of how God designed this experience to be.

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,323,361 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
Freedom, my gaydar is flaring in your direction. I think your severely repressing your own attraction for members of the same sex by focusing so much of your time, effort and research on shooting down homosexuality via bible scriptures and exlaiming sin. Also, i've tried religion and it wasn't for me. Have you tried homosexuality, how do you know its not for you? lol

Gayspeed,

Equality.

ps. lighten up, can't we all just get along.
I guarantee you most of these people who keep posting on the topic of homosexuality are big old closeted 'mos themselves. Why else would they be so focused on this topic? I think on some level, the "Ex gays" are actually jealous of those of us who are able to live lives true to ourselves and be happy.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,035,017 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
And I presented evidence that your stance is wrong if you are viewing the Corinthians verse for your foundation.

As I haven't heard back concerning that point I must assume its conceded to me.

As such you either have another example or you fall back to the catch all "Jesus supports marriage between and man and a woman".

So I ask, is there another level (i.e. more scripture) that you are pointing to that leads you to the conclusion that homosexual sex is a sin on many levels other than the scripture I already refuted the translation of?
Apparently you have ignored my responce. I chose to point out the other sins in the Corinthian verses that contribute to homosexuality being sin. Homosexuality is made up of fornication, idolotry, and adultry which all can be found in many verses in the Bible. I also provided context for the verses in question that further explained that sexual immorality is sin. You can find more in Romans 1 and Galatians 5 that still point to fornication, adultry, idolotry and more that are contained in the sin of homosexuality.

You did not refute the translation but you did bring it into question, which the very question is irrelivent if you take in the entire context.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,213,812 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Apparently you have ignored my responce. I chose to point out the other sins in the Corinthian verses that contribute to homosexuality being sin. Homosexuality is made up of fornication, idolotry, and adultry which all can be found in many verses in the Bible. I also provided context for the verses in question that further explained that sexual immorality is sin. You can find more in Romans 1 and Galatians 5 that still point to fornication, adultry, idolotry and more that are contained in the sin of homosexuality.

You did not refute the translation but you did bring it into question, which the very question is irrelivent if you take in the entire context.

1. Fornication is a sin BECAUSE IT OCCURS OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE
2. Adultry is a sin BECAUSE IT OCCURS OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE
3. I'm not sure how idolotry plays into this. Maybe you can clue me in.

Thus.. as I stated earlier.. your whole basis has to do with Jesus supporting marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Seriously.. is this a hard concept to understand?

If you can'T prove it to be a DIRECT sin because of a mistranslation then BY DEFAULT ALL OTHER APSECTS THAT YOU REFER TO ARE ACTUALLY IN REFERENCE TO MARRIAGE.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,323,361 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I know this really great kid whose mother left his dad for another woman. Really screwed up a nice family that already existed.
After a couple years, the boy finally got the right to go live with his dad, and leave that horrible setting, he chose to leave his team mates behind and leave the area rather than having to watch his mother have a physical and emotional relationship with another woman, it tore this boy up, his friends were kind and supportive. He couldn't say goodbye to them and left just last week. But they all understood.
His mother was very selfish, and her choice to go be with the other woman was not in the least bit something God looks at as righteous.

I know of other families in the same scenario, and the kids are not happy or being shown a normal example of how God designed this experience to be.

godspeed,

freedom
I can't speak to individual stories that have no knowledge of. My children have always had the same parents, and we're quite happy in our relationship. It probably "tore him up" the same way it would have "tore him up" if she had left for another man.

I know plenty of gay parents w/children and they aren't unhappy. Of course we don't live in some backwater hillbilly village surrounded by Bible Beaters either, so my children are being raised in an environment where their parents aren't considered demons or freaks of nature. I've read studies about kids raised by gay parents and kids do have issues if they're raised in an area where gay people are hated/disliked/shunned. We chose to live in an environment that's better for us and our children.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,903,727 times
Reputation: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
I think alL you can do is preach christ and Him crucified..and that he rose on the third day. and we have this hope in earthen vessels...

this issue I have here is kind of like the one I have with people that keep score on soul winning and get militant and bent out of shape WHEN YOU SAY NO THANK YOU !

Let God do his job and let us each work our own salvation with fear and trembling.

Pastor John Burke of austin, tx has a comminuty church wrote a book called "No Perfect People allowed"

it is a must read for sinners (me) ( i was about to say believers)

His main punch line was for me " I witnessed to this young professional and explained to him the message of the cross and jesus christ. Then I asked him, " are you ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior?"

He then said to me, " No"

I said , "why?"

He said, " because I don't want to be like you."

Burke went on to say, " Ouch"

that is when he said he got it. The culture at a church has to be welcoming to the sinners(which means all of us) Jesus was loving to sinners. he was inviting.

Burke said throughout the book that many of his congregation conquered and dealt with alot of sin they had because he let the Holy spirit do His job and He as the pastor tried to get people to feel welcomed.

Sinners don't come to church because they hate a bunch of hypocritical liars and backbiters who act like they don't sin , but we know that is a joke.

THAT IS WHY WE ALL NEED A SAVIOR....

Peace and Love and Grace!
Excellent post. Thank you. I'm going to look for that book.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,035,017 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Its not a drive by assault. I looked up every one of those pieces of scripture and reported the post since its clearly a copy and paste from a website with no source given. I'm staying away from referencing that post because of that.

However I can tell you that having gone through the process of looking up all the instances the poster noted they are all either doubled up or deal with what I've already said they deal with:

Sodom Translation
OT Law for priests
Romans Talks about the sin being Christians leaving God
Corinthians Translation.

Again.. I referenced this in the post above so I'm not sure how its a "drive by".
As I said from the beginning of this thread I want a civil discussion and not a debate. The Jewish Rabbis will tell you that Sodomy is homosexuality. Ot Law is still relivent as it was given by God to His priests which all believers are priests of God. As I have already stated Romans addresses more than just homosexuality and homosexuality falls into the other categories. Corinthians can be addressed the same as the last sentence concerning Romans.

I understand you not wanting to address a cut and paste, but your address did seem like a drive by in that you did not really address them and only focused on one word and not the entire text or context.

So if we can continue please feel free.
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,676,003 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I can't speak to individual stories that have no knowledge of. My children have always had the same parents, and we're quite happy in our relationship. It probably "tore him up" the same way it would have "tore him up" if she had left for another man.
Possibly, i know that he was humiliated in himself for her choice. Everyone around him supported him and didn't chastise or tease him, he was very well liked and will be missed, he was a soph. in highschool in a small town of 30,000.

Quote:
I know plenty of gay parents w/children and they aren't unhappy. Of course we don't live in some backwater hillbilly village surrounded by Bible Beaters either, so my children are being raised in an environment where their parents aren't considered demons or freaks of nature. I've read studies about kids raised by gay parents and kids do have issues if they're raised in an area where gay people are hated/disliked/shunned. We chose to live in an environment that's better for us and our children.
I'm sure you do, and just because someone is gay doesn't mean they can't nurture, love and raise kids... you obviously do this. The question is, does God approve?

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,035,017 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And that's an insult - to claim I'm incapable of mothering my children, when you have no idea how I parent or what goes on in my home. I believe children need to be mothered and fathered, and those quaities can both be found in many gay relationships. I believe you're insulting me and you know it - you're just hiding behind religion.

But you've never answered some of my questions - do you know any gay people/couples/parents? What, in your mind, would be common ground?
Yes I have known gay people/couples/ and parents. Common ground would be a return to the truth. You are incapable of being a mother no matter how hard you try just as a woman is incapable of being a father no matter how hard they try. I intend no insult, but I do make a legitimate point, being mothered or fathered is not the same as having an actual mother or father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top