U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:45 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,448,642 times

Advertisements

I didn't see anything wrong w/what Rick said either from my Christian view-point. As Mackinac said, he wasn't asked to get up and give a sermon, he was asked to pray for a couple of minutes, and I think he made the most of the time he was given to pray. Not to mention, while millions were critiquing his every word, true prayer is communing w/God, and I think that is how he approached it, going to his Heavenly Father one-on-one interceding for our new president and the direction our country is headed in the coming years.

He was in a tough spot, the homosexual community and some other liberals were very upset he was given the honor in the first place, and some far right Christians were not going to be happy unless he referred to Jesus in every other sentence. I think all things considered, he said an admirable Christian prayer and didn't disrespect any other religion or group of people at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,331,802 times
Luke 18:13
And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 AM

6,237 posts, read 8,478,479 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Fundamentalist
I respect your opinion but I disagree and yet we still remain civil in the Body of Christ. Good night
And I respect your opinion, because I know your heart's in the right place.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,640,996 times
My problem was with Robinson's 'sermon' which was supposed to be a prayer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or