U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
 
112 posts, read 154,789 times
Reputation: 50

Advertisements

I was just wondering if anyone has seen the commercial that goes something like this...
'Has the messiah returned to earth and is he Christian, Muslim or Buddha and would you know him if you saw him'
It shows on HLN which is a branch of HNN/CNN.
There is more to it but I can't remember it all right now. I will try and catch more of it, But it is very strange. Just wanted to get some of your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 10,011,404 times
Reputation: 58210
Hmmmmm.....I haven't had the pleasure yet. I'm kinda bored right now so maybe I'll go try to catch it. Sounds bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
 
112 posts, read 154,789 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Hmmmmm.....I haven't had the pleasure yet. I'm kinda bored right now so maybe I'll go try to catch it. Sounds bizarre.

Yes it is and it will definatly get your attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,851,694 times
Reputation: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has seen the commercial that goes something like this...
'Has the messiah returned to earth and is he Christian, Muslim or Buddha and would you know him if you saw him'
It shows on HLN which is a branch of HNN/CNN.
There is more to it but I can't remember it all right now. I will try and catch more of it, But it is very strange. Just wanted to get some of your opinions.
Yes, I have seen it. I believe it is put out by the followers of "Maitraya" (a false Christ, IMO)

Do a Google search for "Maitraya, Maytraya, Mytraya" for more info...

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 AM
 
4,512 posts, read 6,730,340 times
Reputation: 813
Post it need not be so "false" after all--

Meditation Course, Spiritual Course, Meditation, Course, UMS Meditation Courses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Maryland
3,540 posts, read 6,080,886 times
Reputation: 981

Before I sign up for the elective course,

what is "ear candling"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:29 PM
 
112 posts, read 154,789 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Before I sign up for the elective course,

what is "ear candling"

....The only "ear Candling' I have seen or heard of is a hollow looking candle and you put one end into your ear and you light the other end and it will draw the ear wax out of your ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:32 PM
 
112 posts, read 154,789 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Yes, I have seen it. I believe it is put out by the followers of "Maitraya" (a false Christ, IMO)

Do a Google search for "Maitraya, Maytraya, Mytraya" for more info...

Bud

Your search - "Maitreya, Maytraya, Mytraya" - did not match any documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Maryland
3,540 posts, read 6,080,886 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
....The only "ear Candling' I have seen or heard of is a hollow looking candle and you put one end into your ear and you light the other end and it will draw the ear wax out of your ear.

I couldn't resist, so I googled vidoes on "ear candling".

They had me going there for a minute, until some guy debunked the whole thing by preforming an experiment where he burned one without putting it in an ear.

And presto! You quessed it "ear wax" that looked like all the other videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
 
112 posts, read 154,789 times
Reputation: 50

I didn't dig to deep but I did look through the first page, but I didn't see not even one scripture did I miss them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top