Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 AM

14,961 posts, read 9,794,276 times

Advertisements

Faithful, available and teachable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

I surely hope so.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,827 times
Quote:
Man, I feel so inadequate sometimes, but I know that when I am F.A.T. (), then God can use me. A saying that comes to mind:

"God doesn't call the qualified.. He qualifies the called."

I heard someone talk about a scripture recently that goes along with this subject (verse 12):
2 Cor. 8:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
6 Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.
7 ¶ Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
The above scriptures are referring to the generosity of the churches of Macedonia, even tho they were not rich in this world. This can apply to other areas of our life.. if we have first a willing mind, if we are faithful, available, and teachable, God can use us even tho our own earthly strength and ability seems so small.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
...cute...very cute......you had me there!....and yes......F.A.T.I.A.M...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Man, I feel so inadequate sometimes, but I know that when I am F.A.T. (), then God can use me. A saying that comes to mind:

"God doesn't call the qualified.. He qualifies the called."

I heard someone talk about a scripture recently that goes along with this subject (verse 12):
2 Cor. 8:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
6 Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.
7 ¶ Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
The above scriptures are referring to the generosity of the churches of Macedonia, even tho they were not rich in this world. This can apply to other areas of our life.. if we have first a willing mind, if we are faithful, available, and teachable, God can use us even tho our own earthly strength and ability seems so small.
The grace of God is so sweet. Thank you for this post.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times
Quote:
I pray the Lord Jesus continues feeding me to be F.A.T. and the delicacies to be pleasantly P.L.U.M.P.E.R. !!!

P-eaceable
L-ongsuffering
U-nderstanding
M-eek
P-atient
E-ncouraging
R-espectful

Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I pray the Lord Jesus continues feeding me to be F.A.T. and the delicacies to be pleasantly P.L.U.M.P.E.R. !!!

P-eaceable
L-ongsuffering
U-nderstanding
M-eek
P-atient
E-ncouraging
R-espectful
That's really cute Curly!!

I'm about as F.A.T. as one can get, and hoping to get P.L.U.M.P.E.R. too!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,293 times
Yes because of His grace and mercy ..........Amen

[mod] edit [/mod]

Last edited by june 7th; 01-23-2009 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Have no idea what the series of numbers was about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity